Topic: Whole Company Slain by 5 Goblin Wolf Riders

• Author
    Participant

HAHA!

Brilliant job gentlemen, my Company of the Nameless, winners of 3 engagements with only 1 casualty, were surrounded by brilliant-“AI” Goblins on Wolves and slain… the biggest advantage was the Action Points, taking three swings with deadly accuracy they decimated my group of 8 brothers within 8 turns.

I played on Even

Absolutelly love this update but some hope is badly needed in the first patch already :p

Keymaster

Hey,
    I can understand that you may be a bit of a “shock” :)
    Goblin Wolfriders are very dangerous against low level troops, but can be handled pretty well by higher tier mercs. It’s best to avoid them for the first few levels.
    I suggest reloading and playing the engagement several times to learn how the wolfriders work. Same thing happened to me. On the first try I got obliterated, later i managed to survive pretty well.

That doesnt mean the balancing is final and we know the riders can be very challenging to play against, but please play some more and dont judge after the first fight.

Cheers!

Overhype Studios - Let´s roll!

Facebook Youtube
    Twitter

Participant

Haha…. the Company of the Clay Griffon (12 with Caravan Guards) just got obliterated by the 5… its impossible to hit them low tier, and the fact both the mounts and riders attack (which is cool and great) and that you guys are AI geniuses, means that they go straight for my best and slaughter them without obstacle all the time… I suggest keep the goblins as are but give them very fickle (hit and run) morale….

I love the dogs by the way although I was skeptical :)

Keymaster

Glad you like the dogs, most awesome moment for me was when I attacked a necromancers lair and one guy circled around to unleash the dog unto the necromancer. That old guy got torn apart pretty fast:)
    Regarding the goblins: We take note of all the feedback and will carefully adjust the difficulty to strike a balance between a fair early game and a challenging late game.
    Trust us and give it some time! :)

Overhype Studios - Let´s roll!

Facebook Youtube
    Twitter

Participant

Haha!!!!! Fantastic! That’s exactly what I like to hear! I will play the game this weekend and can’t wait to have all my guys killed.

Participant

Yeah, my first Group after the Patch got also slaughtered by 5 WolfRiders. In the second run I am trying to avpoid those ones at the moment until I am stronger. :)
    I suggest to let them as stromg as they are, but change their difficulty-rating. I got told it was an even fight… and it was not! ;)
    And normally I win often challenging fights without casualties.

I will ses how the next fight goes.

Love the Update very much so far. The new gear, the new slower progress to the high tier stuff, the nwe look, and the goblins. A very different experience to fight against them.

Participant

They are too fast to be avoided…. we need some line-of-sight on World Map perks

Participant

Goblin are Over Powered. It is ridiculous and not fun. This coming from someone who enjoys getting his ass kicked, and figuring it out later, but this is utter nonsense. Just No….No…….no.

Participant

Goblin are Over Powered. It is ridiculous and not fun. This coming from someone who enjoys getting his ass kicked, and figuring it out later, but this is utter nonsense. Just No….No…….no.

I agree, the Goblins are OP, their snipers can hit a fly at max range over a hill in the rain, I cringe to think of what their riders do.
    I also do not like the changes to armor, the armor bypass is a bad mechanic, for a 30% armor bypass weapon, it will do the same damage to a recipient no matter how good the armor is, so better protection is not better protection, you will die from the bypass damage way before your armor points have dropped to 0.

Keymaster

Direct damage is reduced by 10% of the current armor value, so better armor does give better protection, also against direct damage. With good enough armor, no direct damage will bypass armor at all. The more damaged the armor gets, the more damage will pass through, up to the maximum determined by the attacking skill. You can read the details here.

Overhype Studios - follow us!
    Facebook Youtube
    Twitter

Participant

new armor mechanics made the initial stage of the game even more difficult, and he was so not easy, it is hard to say how it will look in the later stages with percale and good armor, but one thing is for sure – for a new mechanics of armor and damage should be new – added skill tree and accordingly increased level cap. As I said, the system of points for the level’s up is not appropriate.

Participant

I’m sure this will all be figured out in time. I hope everyone stays patient. Game balancing, especially while introducing new systems, can take ages.

Participant

I’m sure this will all be figured out in time. I hope everyone stays patient. Game balancing, especially while introducing new systems, can take ages.

I understand this, I know it’s early days but unless we speak up about our concerns, the devs will never know of there existence.

I had a read through the new armor mechanic and I’m not really convinced, I suppose we’ll see how it pans out, perhaps if the armor was in three classes and had greater bypass damage reduction, say leather-10%, Chain-20%, Plate-30%, it would justify the high price and little difference in bypass damage reduction.

Participant

I found out that using maces and stunning wolfriders is good way to deal with them. As wolf and rider gets stunned.

Participant

I’m guessing giving everyone shields and swords should be pretty effective against the wolves. Since they are multi-hit attackers like the werewolves, using the counter attacks makes sense. Well, I’ll give it another try in the scenario to confirm later.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.