Topic: Will you tell us.. about the release numbers!?s

• Author
    Participant

Are the numbers as expected.? ??

Of course its ok if they are business secrets… but i am so excited! !! ;)

Keymaster

The game has been received favorably, and the numbers are about what we expected, so we’re happy. Still, whether continued development on Battle Brothers is viable financially is yet to be determined pending the sales numbers of the coming weeks.

Overhype Studios - follow us!
    Facebook Youtube
    Twitter

Participant

Announcing DLC with the polished battle morale mechanics, non-combat characters, craft and tree perks for the group as whole( perks for renown)-and take my money on this DLC EA right now )

Participant

Take my money, too! ALL-OF-IT!!! Great game, great developers – please continue with Battlebrothers at least a bit. In my opinion, camp followers, maybe bigger map, some other enemies and battle sisters would be nice!!! Have great Holidays!

Participant

thx for answer :) i am realy happy to hear it works!!!

wish you continued success!

Participant

Rap, what are going to do in nearest future? Small bugfix, balance-patches or maybe a big DLC/addon?
    How are you image your game for example after 6-9 months? Are our suggestions usefull or you have another ideas?

Keymaster

Today’s dev blog should answer some of your questions.

Facebook Youtube
    Twitter

Participant

Yeah, it’s definitely what I want to know :)

What languages will you add at first?

Participant

I know it’s totally premature to talk about the future, but I’d looooove to see a Battle Sisters DLC (as would many others, I’m sure).

That, and a sort of ‘Captain’ perk tree, where you get XP for successfully fulfilling contracts, and then level up the company’s crippled Captain (ie., the Player). This tree could have specialized perks that affect the world, like the company’s speed on the world map, the price of goods, the availability of better recruits showing up in towns, etc.

Regardless… TAKE MY MONEY! DO WANT DLC! :D

Participant

We cannot wait for more content. Hope you get enough money to enjoy your work and do some more :)

Participant

I think it would most definitely be a good idea to have a captain whom we can customize aesthetically and have noncombat skills based on renown (get better deals, interact better with townspeople, be able to interact better with deserters in noble war crisis, discern traits in brothers).

Also, if you guys do dlcs, I think most of us would agree that we trust you enough to do beta work/early access for them as well.

Participant

Rap, what do you this about unofficial translation?

It’s not a secret, there are a lot of fans, who can pay for professional translator. Will you add this translation to your Game if it is suitable?
    At least, it’ll increase sales (I know some people, who are waiting for playing on their natural language). And may be fans from others countrys will do the same.

Keymaster

What languages will you add at first?

At this point it’s not yet been decided if we can support any other languages at all.

Rap, what do you this about unofficial translation?

It’s not a secret, there are a lot of fans, who can pay for professional translator. Will you add this translation to your Game if it is suitable?
    At least, it’ll increase sales (I know some people, who are waiting for playing on their natural language). And may be fans from others countrys will do the same.

I’m not sure I understand your question right – are you asking about whether we’ll support fan translations in any case?

It’s not that simple. You’re probably aware of how we chose the game’s particular art style due to our limitations of having only a single artist on the team. It’s the same with programming. Battle Brothers is a very ambitious project for a team so small, and with only a single programmer we had to cut a lot of corners in order to ever get it to the finished and stable state you’re now able to play. Lots of things had to be sacrificed along the way, including any support for localization. There’s close to 300,000 words now in the game, and in many places, like character backgrounds, we combine various pieces of text to produce new ones. This works fine with English grammar, but it falls apart quickly as we move to other languages. Supporting other languages would therefore mean not only translating texts, but changing how texts are used throughout the game, which would be a big undertaking. All this would come with a cost both in terms of time and money that we’ll have to weigh carefully against any potential gains, and against how we could otherwise spend those resources (e.g. create new content instead). As much as we understand that people want to play the game in their native language, at the end of the day we’ll have to make financially sound decisions if we want to keep developing Battle Brothers, and at some point a new game. We’ll have a decision in the coming weeks.

Facebook Youtube
    Twitter

Inactive

Considering all that you are very, VERY probably better off creating content for DLCs which you can sell to likely a huge base of people already owning the game AND enticing new buyers with new features/more content, than investing time/money into translations that may or may not get you a few dozen sells of the base game itself for people who don’t speak english well enough.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.