Topic: You will hear this a lot more

• Author
    Participant

Hey guys.
    I know already from reading other posts that I am not alone in this and as the topic suggests, you will hear it a lot more: You have done a brilliant job so far.
    Your game made it surprisingly to my top 2 “waiting eagerly for” list along Age of Decadence. And as I am 36 now and played a lot of games, I am increasingly less excitable ;)
    On a side note it was very interesting to read another player’s impression about balance between lighter and heavier armour. After playing the combat demo and trying few combinations, I actually reached a very different conclusion to his in that regard. I prefer chainmail armour as the heaviest I used and then big shield with one handed axes and swords for most of the guys and trying to add to it the height advantage whenever possible, but it also worked well on flat playing fill in the line battle.

Keymaster

Hi Zolw, thanks for the feedback and support!

When reading the title I was anticipating something like: “You will hear this a lot more… i dont like the busts” but man, was I wrong haha.

The combat demo gives a decent idea about the armor system but it will change a lot in the final game. Selecting perks and raising stats when leveling up will help a lot with dealing with the heavy fatigue penalties from armor. However, if you invest into fatigue reduction you will miss out on very powerful offensive and defensive perks so you constantly have to make tough choices.

When designing the game it was very important to us to make light armor a viable choice as well and also to give heavy armor some disadvantages – glad to hear that it seems to work out : )

Overhype Studios - follow us!

Facebook Youtube
    Twitter

Participant

Hehe I like the busts. I wasn’t sure at first, but they kind of grew on me and after several runs of the battle demo I get the feeling that legs are overrated ;)

Participant

The busts are great! The expressions and animations are tasteful and engaging…

Participant

Ignore what many fools will say on the steam forums, don’t change the busts, they are great! they show everything you need to know and it is refreshing art style.

besides some of these battle brothers would be built like me, broad shoulders with chicken legs. dulls the staunch image somewhat :(

Participant

I must say i like the busts too.

Something refreshing style besides you only need a head for the most things.

Keymaster

Reducing our workload was actually one of the main reasons for going with this style. Also, you can show a lot of character and detail even when looking at the battle field from far above. If we had full body figures the head would get so small that you cant tell any differences between your guys.

Overhype Studios - follow us!

Facebook Youtube
    Twitter

Participant

It has its own very elegant style, and I think it will be highly accepted by the fans. All of the art is really well done, the damage model and armour damage is highly appealing

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.