Topic: Damn Werewolves

• Author
    Keymaster

Another one that might help: Get head armor! :)

Overhype Studios - Let´s roll!

Facebook Youtube
    Twitter

Participant

Hey death, nice tips right here!
    Just like you say its absolutely important to “set up” your heavy hitters by attacking the enemy with light weapons first and drive up that overwhelm bonus!
    If the game crashes on you, please send us the log file (post in the bug forum and attach the file or send via mail).
    Its important to send the log file directly after the crash. As soon as you start up the game again, the file will get overwritten.
    log.html:
    Send us the log.html file that will usually document the error and is crucial to fiy it. The file will get overwritten if you start a new game so be aware of that. Here is how you get it:
    1) Copy “C:\ProgramData\Overhype Studios\Battle Brothers” by selecting it and pressing Ctrl+C
    2) Press Windows Key + E to open the Explorer
    3) Click into the adress bar
    4) Insert what you copied by pressing Ctrl+V
    5) Press Enter

I found the file, but the part 2) and the rest is unclear and is most likely not working (or I have no idea what’s supposed to happen and am doing something wrong), so I attached the log file to this post. It was same scenario and I was doing exceptionally good (very defensible terrain) and game decided to turn the tables. It said something about “a critical exception was raised at hardware level”.

Attachments:
    Participant

What a 22 to 7 fight against werewolves looks like, before and after. The militia had a few veterans and a leader. My guys has at least padded leather armor or chainmail with nasal helmets (except the archer and two pawns) and were around level 4-5. I’ve lost two men, including my favorite founding member. :(
    Look at this mess:

Keymaster

I found the file, but the part 2) and the rest is unclear and is most likely not working (or I have no idea what’s supposed to happen and am doing something wrong), so I attached the log file to this post. It was same scenario and I was doing exceptionally good (very defensible terrain) and game decided to turn the tables. It said something about “a critical exception was raised at hardware level”.

Should be fixed in the next update.

Overhype Studios - follow us!
    Facebook Youtube
    Twitter

Participant

Maybe you guys should make a new background. Werewolf hunter. And have his equipment and stats reflect what is good for killing werewolves. I’m not saying every enemy should be represented by a class/background, but maybe this one since werewolves have murdered so many companies in the beginning of the campaign :)

Keymaster

Hehe. We have a kind of ‘Beast Hunter’ background planned, in fact.

Overhype Studios - follow us!
    Facebook Youtube
    Twitter

Participant

I just recruited a Witch Hunter with a cross bow and after a few battles he’s now got the “quick hands” so as to be able to switch between crossbow and melee weapons. This allowed me to charge into combat and shoot from 0 range. The to-hit chance was pretty high and I wrecked the enemies armour pretty badly. Before finish his turn I switch to shield with my remaining AP to allow me to have my shield out, if not up, for his turn.
    I’m sure this would work pretty well against Werewolves too (none of which i’ve run into yet, perhaps for want of exploring off road no doubt). Javalins would surely work well too, since werewolves are weakly armoured.
    So far though, I think the key to this game is the utility tree for melee fighters. Upgrades in this order:
    TEIR 1
    Student (to gain additional XP right from the start)
    Quick Hands (most important skill ever!)
    Pathfinder (although its not as important as the others i’m sure being able to move one more hex in rough terrain and up hills without penalty has come in handy without me knowing it)
    TEIR 2
    Fear (breaking enemies and getting free hits is 2nd most imporant skill IMHO)
    After this i’m not sure what the best (long term) melee build is as if you’ve been dumping points into Resolve then i’m sure the Captain skill has benefit. I’ve certainly tried the Footwork skill but have never remebered to use it. I therefore think background skills like Brawny and Weaponmaster or Battleflow must be better. Certainly, Battlefow must be worth while for the tail end of an engagement when you can loose men to unlucky hits if a particular enemy won’t just go down. Therefore, the skills that allow you to maintain/regain fatigue must ensure survivability as it allow you to finish enemies off with fatuguing attacks, or keep sheild wall up for one last turn until the enemy gets swamped.
    TEIR 3
    I’ve taken one skill on my leader, and the other on my 2ic, and dumping points in resolve must surely pay off when I need to Rally my party to reduce fatigue.
    I think i’m at the point in the game now where I’ve milked the bandits for enough XP that my part is set to meet real tough Orcs and monsters.
    Promise i’ll go find some werewolves to put my money where my mouth is in my next session…
    PS, my party:
    (all have quick hands, spears, axes and swords, and the archers all have offense skills. Main archer has just got the ‘close combat’ and ‘in the zone’ skill and a shit ton of fatugue built up, so should absolutely machine gun any werewolves from over peoples shoulders, even if the werewolves do make it straight into base contact in turn 1)
    PPS, admittedly, I am playing on easy…

Attachments:
    Participant

I made it through.

In essence I used spears, billhooks and two-handed swords. At start every spearman was attacking one target at least once. Then billhooks were put to good use. Then knights with two-handed swords. Werewolves have no armor, can’t break shields and even a spear deal significant damage to them. Heavy armor on knights is important (that or shields and the best armor you can afford), because with two-handed weapon you are easier to be hit and don’t have abilities that increase your dodge chance or discourage enemies from attacking (like Riposte).

Vampires? I simply ordered everyone who could try to hit them at least once. I don’t think you can do anything else than that. If werewolves get to you before you manage to kill a vampire or two, then you’re much more likely to start losing men, because vampires do hit hard and can place themselves in a way that will make killing them problematic once werewolves pin down your frontline soldiers. There is a strong element of luck involved, although I am sure with more men it wouldn’t be as hard (in scenario I am talking about you’re outnumbered more than 2 to 1).

With proper equipment and some numbers werewolves shouldn’t be hard. But then again same thing can be said about any other combat scenario.

Inactive

From my experience, werewolves are pretty tough to bring down early game because heavy armour is scarce then. The seem of a higher calibre than your basic thugs, skeltons, or young orcs

Viewing 9 posts - 16 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.