Topic: I wrote a Steam Review… and So Should You!

• Author
    Participant

One of the most pivotal ways to spread knowledge of a game is word-of-mouth to other gamers.

Writing posts on forums is one of the more trusted ways of passing along the message, but Steam Reviews are seen by almost everyone, and even those who don’t actually read the review are influenced by the % positive review score.

Keymaster

Thanks a bunch man!
    It can be really tricky to get attention as an indie so every bit helps :)

Overhype Studios - Let´s roll!

Facebook Youtube
    Twitter

Participant

Yeah……and I am proud to leave a positive review (in Chinese & English hehe). I guess if other gamers could leave feedbacks in their own languanges(and English) that we might spread this wonderful game a bit more widely :P

Participant

I am going to make a review on my blog on the site of “the most popular gaming magazine” in my country. Hopefully it’ll get promoted and more people will see it on the main page and maybe journalists working for the magazine will get interested in this. I’ll then try to convert that review to English and put it on Steam. Game is certainly worth it.

Participant

Good idea, I do it immediately ! In english and french :).

Participant

I am going to make a review on my blog on the site of “the most popular gaming magazine” in my country. Hopefully it’ll get promoted and more people will see it on the main page and maybe journalists working for the magazine will get interested in this. I’ll then try to convert that review to English and put it on Steam. Game is certainly worth it.

Good idea, I do it immediately ! In english and french :).

Let’s get more guys involved and supervise the devs working >:)

Inactive

If I could review it twice – I would!

Participant

Nice.
    BTW No Steam user here(i make exception for BB). Where I can find Steam saves?

Participant

I’m a lurker myself. I don’t post on forums or write reviews. Instead, I’ve been convincing the people I game with to buy it as well. It’s had a nice chain reaction so far.

Nice.

They’re not in application data or the steam folder?

Keymaster

Nice.

Same place you find the logfile. See the sticky post in the Bug Report forum for more information.

Overhype Studios - follow us!
    Facebook Youtube
    Twitter

Participant

Congrats Overhype as for today there are only 3 negative reviews on steam. Out of 151. Keep it up and it’s a win ;)

Participant

Sorry 5 of 151. Still awesome.

Participant

I’m waiting until I have more hours on the game and have seen a few more updates before I write a review myself, but I do have rough plans drawn out for how I’ll be writing a review for the game already. And yeah, it’s a positive one.

This game definitely deserves positive praise. I saw another Early Access game and thought “this is gonna be a bust isn’t it?” and found myself pleasantly surprised. VERY good stuff for such a young game, and you folks are updating frequently.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.