Topic: Paul´s Art Corner

• Author
    Participant

Thank you so much mate, you guys are always on top of things and make the necessary adjutments down to the smallest detail unlike most other studios. I am really looking forward to the dlc. Best of luck with the work until the release!

Participant

Hi mate hope you guys are well. I was watching Jason’s second preview video of the blazing deserts, really amazing work on the new art, especially the camp followers look great. Though one thing I noticed is unlocking new follower slots is tied to the renown. This is fine for the majority of origins but I tend to play as the trader origin where you gain renown at the half speed. Now this was originally done to off set the advantage you get in better trade prices by reducing the amount of money you get for the contracts. However now it seems there will be another unexpected debuff since it will be really difficult to unlock followers for this origin. I am not sure the trade bonus is now enough to balance out such a big disadvantage.

dervis, there will be one special camp followers just for you – Ministrel. And his requirments and profits are ideal for trader origin(visit all settlements and bonus with gaining more renown). So i guess he must be your first-to-pick follower as trader, which is good as it is very neat to have different campaign for each origins.

Attachments:
    Participant

Excellent find mate, that does indeed look like a perfect fit for a trader origin to earn more renown and would be a first option for starting the game.

Keymaster

Hey guys, here are a bunch of nomad cloth sashes:

Sash

Regarding the pet wolf; there won’t be any armor for him, but we found a bug where the wolf would have only normal wardog stats. He should be quite a bit stronger than your average wardog.

Cheers!

Overhype Studios - Let´s roll!

Facebook Youtube
    Twitter

Participant

They look great mate, thanks for sharing. If possible can you please ask Jason to show us some new armour gunpowder weapons on Fridays video?

I wouldn’t mind seeing some nice artwork from you on for these either :)

Participant

As always, a pleasure to see new artwork. Happy to see the new DLC is releasing next week.

Participant

A few famed weapon/armor previews before release Paul? I’m getting greedy

"A plethora of peasents"

Participant

Hi all!)) I am doing primitive collages based on the original BB flags http://www.yuggoth.ru/battle_brothers_mod_more_flags.html Today I updated the More Flags mod for the new version 1.4 (Blazing Deserts)

Participant

At this moment I’m playing for 2 weeks my second campaing with the new DLC, and I’m impressed with all the great art I see in the gear my brothers wear.

Thanks Paul and company for give us so much fun :)

980 gameplay hours jajaja!!!

Keymaster

Hey Juanval,
    thanks for the compliments. 980hrs, you guys are crazy…..
    I finally managed to get to 300 by now and that involves a lot of bug testing :)

Here are some named weapons/armors from the new DLC.
    Cheers!

weapons

Armor

Facebook Youtube
    Twitter

Participant

Yeah, every piece of art from the new DLC has my mouth watering. I find myself using worse pieces of armour just because it fits so perfectly on a particular brother, and whatnot. All of the armours, my god!

Participant

Do you plan to use Gothic and classic European vampire motifs in future DLC? The game began to lose its pre-release gloom.

Participant
    Keymaster

Hey Muzgob,
    I really can’t say right now, because I don’t know yet. The latest DLC surely added a lot of brightness, which I think is nice for mixing up the visuals a bit. But I can see your point.

Hey Andrew,
    I saw these quite a while ago. Up until now I don’t think these armors fit well in the “visual timeframe” of the game. On the other hand I don’t want to rule them out forever, it all depends on how exactly they get implemented in the game. For example in my opinion we did a pretty good job of implementing firearms without making them feel out of place in the Battle Brothers world.

Cheers!

Facebook Youtube
    Twitter

Participant

Renaissance-style plate armor sounds like something you’d need to commission from a reclusive dwarf in a cave after beating a late-game crisis.
    Or maybe just some kind of renaissance DLC. I’m happy throwing money at Overhype for as long as you’re willing to accept it, this shit’s great.

Viewing 15 posts - 1,696 through 1,710 (of 1,776 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.