Topic: Skeleton Archers Shouldn't Pretend to Retreat

• Author
    Participant

Since the undead aren’t affected by morale, they won’t retreat and so you’ll never get the “run them down” versus “it’s over” option once they’re essentially beaten. Despite this, their archers behave as though they’re retreating and keep moving away to the very edges of the map, and only then “accidentally” let you catch them and draw out a dagger and resume fighting. Often, this is very boring and time-consuming. Couldn’t they be more straight-forward and just keep shooting until you catch them and then take out a dagger?

Participant

For a second there, I thought you were talking about the tactics the Mongols used.

Annoying? Yes.

"It is not death that a man should fear, but he should fear never beginning to live." ~Marcus Aurelius

Game: "Characters with a height advantage against their opponents are harder to hit"
    Me: "That's not true, and my short axeman is living proof!"

Participant

comparison with the Mongols not correct, I would have understood if the goblins used such AI, but skeletons should not. I agree with Wargasm.

Keymaster

The entire array of skeletons was reworked, and there won’t be any archers anymore. See this.

Overhype Studios - follow us!
    Facebook Youtube
    Twitter

Participant

Wait, what? I fought skeleton bowmen just today… a few hours ago. They made a pincushion of my pikeman.

There was a quest where I followed up with the dead appearing at a graveyard, finding a purple cloth, bringing it to the quest giver, then being asked to cleanse the hall of the Necromancer that was responsible for all this (and that that purple cloth belonged to).

Attached is a picture of part of this questline, and my log.

Sidenote: I was referencing that the Mongols might attack, pretend to retreat, then blow their pursuing enemies to pieces with the combined power of their superior maneuverability and their bows, once their enemies left their positions. This tactic of retreating then regrouping was effective, if I remember correctly, as it was very disgraceful during this time to retreat, and no army wanted to do it.

"It is not death that a man should fear, but he should fear never beginning to live." ~Marcus Aurelius

Game: "Characters with a height advantage against their opponents are harder to hit"

Participant

The change on skeletons is in an upcoming patch, it’s not in game quite yet. Since the current released build is a bit older it does not reflect all the current new features.

Participant

I just arrived at the same conclusion by checking the updates. Thanks for the clarification.

I’ve only had the game for a short while now, so I wasn’t sure if that last update was supposed to be in my game or not.

Kudos, Fotsvamp.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.