Forum Replies Created
Not a real bug, more a problem with quest design. One of the citys of the noble houses is on an island. I can only get there by ship. this cost 200 crowns to get there and to get back. The noble house want to give me 400 crowns for the wohle patrole. The questgiver should consider the extra cost for the ship-travel.
I made the city Dornland “very friendly” towards me, but in the Overview it only says “very”.
I can confirm that. Sword + Shield against wolfriders works very good.
I played 10 hoers since the patch and now I feel comfortable fighting Goblins. With a lot of losses (and ideas from other players) I have developed some good strategies to fight them, like I developed Strategies to fight orcs in the beginning. Key part for me playing the game right now is always looking who i am going to fight (bandits, orcs, wolfriders, ambushers, etc.) and prep my Brothers accordingly before the fight.
Strategie 1, against mixed groups ofgoblins: Half of the Brothers with decent or al least not absolutely terrible Range-Skills get Crossbows or, if not available, bows. Other half has shields (kite if possible) and throwing weapon + sword or spear in the packpack. Front row with shields use mostly shieldwall to protect themself and the Crossbowmen behind them. With such overwhelming Firepower the goblins go down like flies.
Strategie 2, Good against mostly Ambusher Goblin-Groups: Attack only at night, all Brothers get Shield + Sword or Spear.
Strategie 3, against Wolfriders: 3 Crossbows, rest with Shield + Sword (or Spear). Use Riposte in Melee and with the Crossbows you can get the circeling riders in range and can still shoot.
A big compliment to the Designers, the Goblins fill the intended spot very good, have a good difficuty and are fun to fight (when you get used to it). They are only too strong when you don’t adapt you strategy and to force the player to that is a good thing (in my opinion).
Yeah, my first Group after the Patch got also slaughtered by 5 WolfRiders. In the second run I am trying to avpoid those ones at the moment until I am stronger. :)
I suggest to let them as stromg as they are, but change their difficulty-rating. I got told it was an even fight… and it was not! ;)
And normally I win often challenging fights without casualties.
I will ses how the next fight goes.
Love the Update very much so far. The new gear, the new slower progress to the high tier stuff, the nwe look, and the goblins. A very different experience to fight against them.22. May 2015 at 00:28 in reply to: Abuse Or Intended – A discussion about possible exploits. #4307
I like the Idea of a 1 or 2 AP-Damage for a Shield-Bash a lot. This would make the ability more useful and also makes sense in the lore. You pushing someone back so he loses some balance and needs a bit of time to get ready again.
Another Idea could be to change the actual Shield-Bash Perk from the Perk-Tree so that you get the AP-Damage with this perk. This way this rather useless perk (at the moment) could become a good an viable option to choose (to make a Positioning- and Debuff-Char)
Very Godd Discussion here.
The positioning seems to be very difficult for them, especially in forest battles. It has happened a few times already to me, that I had to scout the map after the battle for that one last archer in the forest, who was confident sitting where he was and not participating in the fight at all.
This seems to be a bigger Problems, not only the Archers do that in Forest Battles. I have often Bandits which waits somewhere out of sight during the wohole fight. After I killed all but one bandits i go searching and find a lonely two-hander guy or something sitting there, like he didn’t knew there was a battle going on.
And one more
4. I was following a Bandit-Group to their hideout. And I found it, but before that I could already assume where it is, because there was this tile in the forest with the same underground as all the forest-tiles, but no trees. You can see it in the
firstsecond SC on the top left corner. On the secondfirst SC i looked closer and then the actual camp popped up.
1. I just loaded a game, and started a fight and there was a weird graphical bug. SC and Log attached. The Bug did not disappeared during Fighting. I Retreatet and started the fight again. No Bug that time so not reproducable for me.
2. There is still the Soundbug for the crude Javelins. when they hit something, is sounds like they hit threee times instead of one time. It sounds like the accounding sound is getting played multiple times.
3. Weaker enemy parties (Hunting, Scouts, etc.)in range of their base do aften a little wiggle dance on spot when my stronger group is nearby, like they couldn’t decide what to do, where to move. When i move away (But still in sight) they start to move normal. As soon as I come closer this weird behavior starts again.
Wow, this looks really awesome. Can’t wait to see it ingame, but on the other hand I hope this doesn’t interfere too much withyour time for the other aspects of the game. It let’s me hope that the EA gives you enough possibilities to put even more of your time in making this game.
Update: It is not a random Crash. It happens always when I hover over the Perk-Symbol for the “Footwork”-Skill while i am in the Inventory. I assume it tries to load the tooltip for that and crashes then. I can reproduce this.
(I guess I won’t look at that tooltip then, for while *g* )
Dammit, how do I edit in this *@ßX@ Forum? Please help me :)
I forgot to attach the log. here it comes.
Another random Crash while in the Inventory (Luckily I just saved after a fight)
But over all, the game is much more stable now. This was the first crash in 3 or 4 hours.
A few minor bugs:
1. The soundeffekt while throwing (and hitting?) javelins does (sometimes/always?) trigger 3 times. Id does “tock…. tock..tock” instead of just “tock”.
2. Soming thems off with the Fokus-Perk. My Archers can sometimes shoot three times (the fast shot) in a turn when I used Fokus in the turn before that. And I do not have that Berserker-Trait to get more AP or something.
The Error in the orc fight occured in the first orc-turn. 2 or 3 orcs had already made their move and when the 4. (or 3.?) orc started his move it froze. (The camera centered him, but he didn’t changed psotion or anything. It just froze then.)
I just restarted the game and it looked like steam was installing another mini-update? But the Version-Number did’t change.
Anyway, i get an error while loading any savegame that i made after the 0.4.0.20 update. Loading an save from 0.4.0.18 is possible.
So I loaded my newest 0.4.0.18 save and created a new one. This new 0.4.0.20 save (post-mini-update?) can also be loaded without error. Strange.