Topic: A critical exception was raised at hardware level

• Author
    Participant

Hi I was unable to find the log.html file or get dx.diag to work but have looked at how others have resolved the issue previously by making sure to run as administrator or turning off their virus protector. Neither has worked and I was wondering what else can I do as I got the game yesterday and played four hours with no problem.

Attachments:
    Keymaster

Hi there.

Unfortunately there is nothing I can do to help based on just that error message. I suggest you take another look for the logfile and/or try the ‘Verify Integrity of Game Cache’ function of Steam in case the game somehow got corrupted on your computer.

Overhype Studios - follow us!
    Facebook Youtube
    Twitter

Participant

I tried the ‘Verify Integrity of Game Cache’ function and no luck, I did manage to get the dxdiag tough if that helps.

Hope this helps.

Attachments:
    Participant

Elo’!
    I too have had this error twice since the new update. Worth mentioning is that I’ve continued on a campaign started before the new release.
    Game cache verified.

Attachments:
    Keymaster

Elo’!
    I too have had this error twice since the new update. Worth mentioning is that I’ve continued on a campaign started before the new release.
    Game cache verified.

Fixed. It’s unrelated to the OP’s problem, however.

Facebook Youtube
    Twitter

Participant

Elo’!
    Game cache verified.

Fixed. It’s unrelated to the OP’s problem, however.

Cool, thanks for the quickfix! Just noticed an update and checked the forums.
    Back to smashing orcs then!

Participant

So I have exactly the same problem and try all the time to fix the somehow and it still can not start

Participant

I was able to get back on by repeatedly verifying the catch in steam properties but have just received this new warning coming up.

Picture is having trouble coming through so this is what it says

A critical exception was raised at hardware level.
    The program will now terminate.

Stacktrace:
    + Function: loadCampaignO – File: scripts/states/world_state.nut:918
    + Function: initO – File: scripts/states/world_state.nut:762
    + Function: onlnitO – File: scripts/states/world_state.nut:324
    + Function: unknownO – File: NATIVE:-1
    + Function: loading_screen_onScreenShownO – File: scripts/states/main_menu_state.nut:335
    + Function: onScreneShownO – File: scripts/ui/screen/loading/loading_screen.nut:116

This came up when I tried to continue my campaign.

Keymaster

Everyone, please note that the error message of “A critical exception was raised at hardware level” can pop up due to all kinds of reasons and does not refer to any specific cause. Getting this error message doesn’t necessarily mean that you encountered the same issue that someone else encountered. In order for us to identify what is the problem in your case, and hopefully be able to help you, it’s therefore important that you attach a zipped logfile here with the game’s logfile. You can read up on where to find it here. We’re going to adjust the error message for clarity in the future.

I was able to get back on by repeatedly verifying the catch in steam properties but have just received this new warning coming up.

Does this happen with every savegame for you?
    Can you still start a new campaign?
    Do you make use of Steam Cloud? Have you tried starting a new campaign and loading it without making use of Steam Cloud?
    Can you mail us the savegame in question to contact@overhypestudios.com? You’ll find it right where the logfile is. Thanks!

Facebook Youtube
    Twitter

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.