Topic: Attributes

• Author
    Participant

It looks to me that some attributes are more important than others.

Melee/Range Skill: One point should always go to one of these when leveling up.

Melee Defense: As critical as melee skill for melee fighters. It can be skipped for ranged fighters, but even for them it is useful.

Fatigue: Being able to do more actions is always good.

Range Defense: Having more defense against ranged attacks is useful, but by far most of your opponents are melee fighters. So this is not very necessary.

Hitpoints: Being able to take more hits is good, but you should mostly depend on your defense skill and armor. Colossus perk makes it better of course.

Resolve: On some occasions, like fighting against lost souls, it may be important, but other than that it is not very critical.

Initiative: It has very little use, because the first turns are used for waiting/approaching and after that it does not really matter. Initiative has to affect more things; maybe some perks like dodge or initial battle deployment(when it is added).

As things stand now, assigning level points to attributes should be changed for better balance.

Possible solutions:

– Critical attributes may require more points. For example, 2 points for melee/range skill, 1 point for resolve.
    – Some attributes can be combined at level up. For example, hitpoints + resolve increased for one point.

Participant

My bug bear is you cannot undo your choice once ticked

the oh no i have just clicked weapon skill for my archer by accident a right click undo option would be cool i think before saving

Participant

There is a somewhat problem with stats as you said, but it might be solved by introducing new or changing current perks to have a stat dependency as few of them already do.

Now about that misclick on level up. I agree there could be a function to be able to reverse last pick, but it would have to save the result temporarely so you can not abuse this to reroll high stats.

Participant

Now about that misclick on level up. I agree there could be a function to be able to reverse last pick, but it would have to save the result temporarely so you can not abuse this to reroll high stats.

I think the best way to do it is to have it so you choose your stats but don’t see numbers immediately, and then you click a “confirm” button which then does an animation that reveals your actual rolls for each stat. The nerd in me says “dice roll animation,” but I don’t think that really works for this game’s style.

Participant

A confirm button would be a good solution. It shouldn’t be too hard to add and doesn’t change the way stats are gained. Changing the way stats themselves are distributed doesn’t seem necessary at the moment though, especially since I expect something like resolve or initiative to see a lot of use in the coming event system.

Participant

Undoing without the possibility of abusing it would be very cool. I tend to confuse Resolve, Initiative and Fatigue.

I’m also of the opinion that some attributes are way more important than others. However I believe that’s a point for the Suggestion forum :)

Participant

I like the confirm button idea. Admittedly, I’d be fine with the attributes being left as is even if I’m not totally satisfied with the current system (Random gains? Meh.). Just not high on the list of things that bother me.

Participant

For me, Melee/Range (whatever primary weapon) and Fatigue are the two absolute must haves.

You need fatigue, especially if piling on the armour and bigger, beefier weapons.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.