Topic: Character Build up Guide

• Author
    Participant

Before introducing my builds up, let me put some little tips here;
    1.Shield Up, always!
    The first thing when u started a new game is to find a good shield and equip it, it does save lives.
    2.Better armor!
    New brother costs u some crowns every day, but armor wont, invest on them, they save lives and crowns in a long run.

And now its time to give my Builds up for my battle brothers.

1. Heavy swordsman.
    Swordmaster is perhaps the best background for any melee build up. A perfect hvy swordsman starts with swordmaster background, lvl up use the shield and sword combination. And once his melee def is high enough change to great sword or two-handed axe. With full force, berserk , killing frenzy and 200+ body armor, he would be an unstoppable killing machine.

2. Hvy Armor Duelist
    With perk nimble, full force, dodge, 200+ hvy armor and a single one handed noble sword, this guy can riposte almost every att from enemy and deal 60-100 damage. And his melee def is almost 100 if build correctly(in late game, high lvl and certain background).

3. Multiple Shots Crossbowman
    A hunter background is required. Then with perk quick hands, bag and belts and 5 crossbows, u r a truly monster. 4 crossbow shots per burst! How is that?

Participant

# Variation of duelist.
    Light armoured with sword and no shield. High mobility great defence good attack.
    null

Participant

That’s Hattori Hanzo himself.

Participant

Only problem is that swords break very quickly. He definitely will benefit from Weaponmaster perk(and pathfinder too) but then his offensive ability will decrease seriously.
    #Two handed user.
    null

Participant

Ha, thats what I’m talking about.
    The light armor duelist has one problem: even ur def is above 100 they still have a small chance of hitting u. If they are using some weapon like 2handed axe or chain(forget the name, orc berserk use them a lot), u still have a chance of being one shot kill.
    So I usually keep my def around 100 and leave the points to fatigue to equip him hvy armor.

Edited: perhaps i should say “keep my def below 100”

Participant

Agree. Duelist is more effective with heavy armour because of Full Force perk.
    But I RP I little and he is old man who knows how to move so he wear a light armour and no blocking vision head protection.
    null

Notice increase of dmg.
    BTW Dodge perk still don’t work like it should.

Participant

Dunno, my highest defense is 72, the 2h guys around 50 and do not have any problems. Still compared to your guys the difference between your band and my beggar army seems quite obvious.

Keymaster

Awesome to see these badass battle brothers with their perks and playstyle!

Overhype Studios - Let´s roll!

Facebook Youtube
    Twitter

Participant

Damn. Recent patch really make my zwaihanders slayers unhappy. Nimble perk was solid point for them and now its useless. Like completely useless.
    BTW About Duelist. Heavy armour make them tired very quick. Light allow them use riposte or just strike enemy much longer.

Keymaster

Hey Sarissofoi,
    actually the nimble perk working for two-handed weapons was kind of a bug/oversight by us. As it says in the tooltip: 100% melee defense “if the offhand is free” which is not the case when wielding a two handed weapon :)
    The intention behind this was making it possible to have viable one handed builds (like the duelist) or add some defense to your tanks in case their shield gets destroyed in the heat of battle.

Overhype Studios - Let´s roll!

Facebook Youtube
    Twitter

Participant

That’s how I did understand it too, since with 2h the secound hand is used this perk won’t work. Seems like there was a bug in it. Not anymore ;)

Participant

Hey Sarissofoi,
    actually the nimble perk working for two-handed weapons was kind of a bug/oversight by us. As it says in the tooltip: 100% melee defense “if the offhand is free” which is not the case when wielding a two handed weapon :)
    The intention behind this was making it possible to have viable one handed builds (like the duelist) or add some defense to your tanks in case their shield gets destroyed in the heat of battle.

Yes. I know that. I read perk and thought: Nice I gonna make one guy a Duelist. But then I give him a zwaihander to check if it works(it shouldn’t) and it work!
    I can’t resist to not make a Zwaihander Slayers from Hell and below.
    Now my greed come and bite me in the ass.
    So don’t worry about this.
    BTW Is Dodge work as intended? It still use base Initiative instead of current. At last for my save.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.