Topic: Crafting Mod v1.0

Tagged: 

• Author
    Participant

Hi everyone
    I have some free time, and I found a good tutorial about moding BattleBrothers, so I decided to create a small mod about crafting. Just put .zip in “Data” folder and be happy :)

The main goal of this modification – to extend current crafting system and to put it into some order.

The principles:
    1)Early game crafting
    Now it is common situation when you keep a lot of Trophies but can’t create anything. You have too little oportunities after killing first ones of beasts – crafting mostly needs more than one kind of beast to be slayed.
    So I try to organize crafting with tiers:
    t1 – based on Wolfs, Ghouls and Spiders Trophies
    t2 – based on Alps, Hexes, Unholds and Vampires Trophies
    t3 – based on Lindwurms and Schrats Trophies
    Also I added some items as t1.5 which based on t1 and t2 Trophies. As result you often are able spend all loot from beasts (not always, but more often than now)

Another side of this – I want to create stronger influence of early potions, but with drawback. Some new potions give you a lot for whole day, but after your brother becomes sick. So it’s not good idea to give it high-skill brothers, but you can save a bit on salary using lowborns with this potions.

Result:
    -Add Wolf Potion, [Greater] Wolf Potion, Predator Potion, [Greater] Predator Potion
    -Rework demands of Cat Potion, Second Wind Potion, Lionheart Potion, Poisoned Oil

2)Make a choice
    This part of modification reworks current accessories and ammo.
    What for? You have to make a choice, but now Hex Necklace definitely better than another one (alp/ghoul), also Large ammo with arrows and bolts better than basic one. So I decided to create variety of using neck and ammo slot.

So now this three Necklaces give different bonuses – resolve (ghoul), ranged defense (alp) and fatigue (hex).
    About ammo – new types of ammo give some plus and minus relative to basic ammo. Totaly 3 items on each arrows/bolts type – basic, heavy (current Large) and light versions of quiver. Also I changed their recipe and they contains only 10 arrows/bolts.

Result:
    -Replace Large quiver of arrows/bolts with Quiver of heavy arrows/bolts (2 items)
    -Add Quiver of light arrows/bolts (2 items)
    -Rework effects of Alp, Hex and Ghoul Necklaces

3)Small Improvement
    Adding battle potions forces us to carry more in bags during battle, but it’s still a bit useless to waste perk-point on ‘Bags and Belts’. So I decided to add “Bags” as item, and now you can create 1-slot and 2-slots Bags for your guys. Don’t forget ‘Make a choice’ rule, therefore bigger bag weighs more.
    Also I think, you will miss about having 15 arrows in quiver – so now “Bags and Belts” increases amount of ammo and throwing weapons by 50% instead of giving 2 slots (second part of perk still works as before).

Another point – Paints. It doesn’t improve your stats, so creating them instead of usefull potions a bit unreasonable, but cut off this oportunity also unfair. And we have dyes in the game – why we can’t create simple paints using dyes? Oh, now we can – moreover, from 1 stack of dyes you get 4 stacks of paints (according to price).

Result:
    -Rework Bag and Belts (Perk)
    -Add Small Bag, Large Bag
    -Rework paints – now they based on Dyes (Trade goods)

Finally:
    It’s better use this Mod with new company. If you continue current company, you can face some issues with Bags and Belts perk and Large quiver of arrows/bolts.
    To solve it: about perk, you can create bag-item and equip-unequip it to remove extra slots (or use them unfair). About Quivers – it becomes 15/10 ammo, but equip-unequip must help.
    Also I don’t test too much, so be careful :)

P.S.
    @Adam thanks for tools and tutorial :)

@Paul you told me about some icons, so if you have suitable ones I will be glad to replace current (x2 bags, x4 potions and x2 quivers)

@Rap I found some moments in code like bugs or mistypes:
    – Large quivers have wrong ID (same as common), but changing them breaks “Ammo warning” (fixed in mod)
    – Refill ammo doesn’t work if can’t fill 100% – for example having 9 ammo in stash willn’t fill 0/10 quiver (fixed in mod)
    – Also Large quivers with 15 max ammo needs only 10 ammo to refill (it works like this cause throwing weapons need 10 ammo to refill their 5)

Attachments:
    Participant

Great mod IaViper. Have you uploaded it to the battle brother nexus mods website as well?

I also highly suggest you get in contact with the the Legends BB mod team, as they might like incorporate your ideas into the larger project they are working on.

It’s so great so see people generating content like this. I hope you will do more!

Thanks

Participant

So you can ask @Coffee about merging our two mods together.
    As for me, I don’t use their mode, but of course they’ve done great work. I started late and I base my mode on idea have no conflicts with new DLC.

I plan extend my mode with crefting which depends on background – add some events, when party get new recipes if contains some brothers with right background. For example – assasin will tell about “Deadly Poison”. But I don’t know how many time it will take.

Participant

Nice idea about bags.

Participant

Nexusmods.com has great interface for mods, and also most people look for Battlebrothers mods in there, I suggest you post your mod on it too.
    More people will see it this way.

Participant

BTW laViper
    Any chance that you would do just simple mod that adds bags only?

Participant

Bags, you mean just items? But it collides with perk Bags and Belts – so if you will not use this perk so you can use this items without problems.
    Anyway, this items need a small changes with whole “stash system”, so if you also use another modes, you can have some troubles.

With legendary mod I can write its owners and tell how implement this items to their code.

Participant

Well I rarely use Bags and Belts perk but having bags as items alternative is nice – you still sacrifice accessory slot although current accessories could use some boost.
    I did purge in your mod and leave only bags. It works and so its fine.

Participant

Finally I’ve kicked my lazy ass and continue working under modification. I will share it in a few days after release DLC, cause I think it will break some scripts.

Now I finished (no images and need tests) with “secret crafting” – this new recipes can’t be used before special event has fired. All of them based on some backgrounds, so you need a “right” man in your company – and it’s not Hedge Knights, more often it will be lowborn. Also you need a special situation – like having items in stash or more specific.

Add 7 new recipes
    1)Blessing Oil – coats your weapon to deal extra damage to Undead (+20 damage up to 4 attacks)
    2)Deadly Poison – lasts until target dies, starts with 5 damage and increases it by 3 per turn (with Resilient only by 1)
    3)Bull Potion – halves penalty from some kind of permanent injuries. Last 2-4 days
    4)Flashing Potion – blinds target and bystaders (33% change) and descreses their vision
    5)Medical Kit – kind of bag, but “keeps” bandages and antidotes. Has 3 charges to cure your brothers, recharge with Medical Supplies after battle
    6)Dope Salt – makes your man “high”, increases morale at start of battle to maximum, but halves gained exp. Lasts 1 day, addictive
    7)Scare Potion – decreases target morale based on its resolve (up to making it flee). Like range attacks can hit wrong target, so be careful

Next few days may be I also spend on modification, currently I’m working on events which give you opportunity to build in small town one building. If small town has only 1 building and your company have man with suitable background – apprentice (armor or weapon -smith), monk (temple), bowyer (fletcher). I’ve not decided about other one – like kennel (houndmaster), tavern (servant/pimp and etc), taxidermist (beast slayer). And training hall is also a bit strange, cause this building belongs to big city.

Participant

Hey, thank you for the work.
    My thoughts onn the stuff:
    BB is good for its balance, these consumables just breaks it. I don’t even feel like to play to see that.
    Lets go point by point.
    1) bleased oil – op. Any 40 dam arpen attack kills the legionnaire or an honor guard. Not good.
    2) Scaling poison – sneks are already trivial fight, poison just makes it 100% risk free. Not good.
    3) interesting, why only permanent? I Like it.
    4) Flashbang. Not for 13 century Germany. Poor concept.
    5) Good idea, need to look at the weight and cost to make a judgement.
    6) not good, intoxication is bad for (concentration) combat, need drawbacks for att and def.
    7) OP vs beasts.

Participant

Thanks for feedback.

1)Yes, agree. I forgot that undeads have lowHP, so yes deamage should be decreased from 20 to 10. Already fixed.
    2)May be I will add turns limit, for example 5 turn in general give 5-8-11-14-17 damage = 55 vs 20 of basic poison. Idea of this poison to take more profit in long battle, but have less value in short battle.
    3)It’s more “roleplay” item and effects only on Broken Elbow Joint, Broken Knee, Partly Collapsed Lung, Maimed Foot or Weakened Heart. Why only permanent – cause on comon injuries you can influence by Temple treatment. Also I don’t want to give option to ignore permanent injury, and this potion only halves them – coding such behavor takes a lot of time (have to touch each injury to give another stats/text if bro under effect).
    4)First of all just want to create consumable item based on Schrat loot like Lindwurm gives us Acid bottle – so recipe of this is only Glowing Resin. Acid bottle also is not for 13 century Germany. It gives opportunity to protect your archers vs enemies one or give a chance to hide lowHP bro from ranged attacks if he cought a bolt.
    5)With ‘bags’ items from prev version it just give one slot if you carry bandages and antidotes, also using it cost less AP than comon bandages and antidotes.
    6)”Addictive” gives your bro few days off after effect has gone. May be it’s really not enough and breaks my idea to involve low skills brothers to fight, cause confident high skill bro takes more profit. So I think about changing effect to ignore morale (like undead) for whole battle or just few turns – 3-5.
    7)I check big beast resolse – the lower is 130 (Unhold) or other have more. I based calculation on simple enemy like young orc with 65 resolve. Potion decrease current morale of one target in way [200 / resolve] (round up). So young orc will lose 4 morale level, but unhold only 2.

You can test Blessing Oil (10 dmg), Deadly Poison (still no limits) and Medical Kit in scenarios “Line Battle Undead/Orcs/Goblins”. All other don’t have normal images and verified texts (also i dont know how to add overlay icons on battlebround).
    Better don’t use this mod in normal games cause I’ven’t finished with testing, balancing and clearing.

Attachments:
    Participant

Add all others potions, but in scenarios you can’t use bull potion and snuff. Fix overlay icons.

Attachments:
    Participant

Finally version 2.0 with some balance fixes and 3 new events fot building in town.
    Mod now works with new DLC (Warrior of the North)

The principles:
    1)Variety of backgrounds provides new game experience.
    As I wrote before, v2 adds 7 new recipes which you can use only after a special event. Each event fires if only you have brother with required background – no hedge knight or sellsword, most of them is lowborn.

-add Blessing Oil – coats your weapon to deal extra damage to Undead (+10 damage up to 4 attacks)
    -add Deadly Poison – coats your weapon with poison which starts with 5 damage and increases it by 3 per turn. Last 5 turns or 3 with Resilient
    -add Bull Potion – halves penalty from some kind of permanent injuries. Last 2-4 days
    -add Flashing Potion – blinds target and bystaders (33% change) and descreses their vision
    -add Medical Kit – kind of bag, but “keeps” bandages and antidotes. Has 3 charges to cure your brothers, recharge with Medical Supplies after battle
    -add Dope Salt – makes your man “high”, allows to ignore morale during battle, but halves gained exp. Lasts 1 day, addictive
    -add Scare Potion – decreases target morale based on its resolve (up to making it flee). Like range attacks can hit wrong target, so be careful

2)Town-morphing
    Sometimes we have lack of specail building on the map or at least on the edge of civilization when you are exploring new places.
    For this reason I add 3 similar events to build weaponsmith/armorsmith (at random), fletcher and temple. Each event fires if town is small, has no building from this list and isn’t military. Just 5000 crowns, your brother with apprentice/monk/bowyer background and that’s all.

Currently I’m testing this mod with new DLC, I hope I merged changes rightly – but be careful to use it. Write here if you find any errors or mistakes.
    I will try to update mod as soon as possible after new patch goes live. As I understand first few weeks after release it will be hard to keep it update with new patches :(

Participant

Sad but true – after few current small patches, my mod breaks on save-load. Try to find problem :(

Looks like now files of mod are loading by time created. After delete-revert mod start working correctly. Plus mistype with event name :(

So, reload version

Participant

Continue working under mod and it would happen sooner or later – I’ve decided to touch perks :)

The main idea of this changes is making brothers with different backrounds and stats have a bigger diversity. To achieve it I planed few steps:
    -High-level perks should depend on stats if it possible. For example Fearsome, Killing Frenzy or Nimble – any brother can take it and get similar profit.
    -Make depending on Hitpoints and Resolve – these stats are less valuable and moustly have few connected perks.
    -Improve some weak perks to make more choices

About backgrounds – it influence on stats, but it’s also not enough. So instead of making extra perks for backgrounds, I decided to improve current perks if bro is “Talented” at it. So each background will have 6 possible perks to improve and bro will have chance to be talented at them.

So right now I’ve changed/imroved totaly 10 perks (with belts and bags).
    1)Bags and Belts – partly changed: instead of 2 slots, gain +50% ammunition of ranged weapon
    2)Pathfinder – improved: regain 1AP after first step
    It gives you opportunity to make step and 2 attacks or 2 steps and 6-ap attack. During test it looks a bit op.
    3)Dodge – changed to: gain +5 M/R defence per tile moved till end of turn
    AS low level perk it gives weak bro to gain defence in some situation
    4)Nimble – changed to: works as basic Dodge, gain M/R defence based on Initiative (20%)
    As High-level perk should be based on stats
    5)Lone Wolf – changed to: gain M/R skill and defence bonus based on Resolve. Have penalty if allie stay near instead of total removing (gain only 25% if stay in 2 tiles and 50% in 3 tiles)
    6)Fearsome – changed to: gain Treaten (as wolfs items) based on resolve – decrease enemies resolve in melee
    7)Killing Frenzy – changed to: gain damage bonus in melee based on current HitPoints (0.3% per each)
    8)Taunt – improved: decrease first use cost a bit and all next uses during this turn cost 66% less (ap/fatigue)
    Make more valuable
    9)Steel Brow – improved: has 50% protect against stun or daze (ones per turn)
    Make more valuable
    10)Shield Expert – improved: start with shieldwall
    Make more valuable

And I’m working under talented perks system. How perks will be improved I will write late.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 28 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.