Topic: Favorite weapon

Tagged: 

• Author
    Participant

What are all your favorite weapons to use? This isn’t necessarily the same as what you think is the most powerful weapon, but rather what weapon you find the most satisfying. Maybe you really enjoy the move set of the weapon and the tactics it enables, or you just think it feels right. This is a very subjective question, but I’d like to hear your thoughts on the matter.

Personally, I love the great axe. It’s risky to make use of its aoe attack near friends, but it’s so satisfying when you get stuck into apack of enemies and scythe them all down at once!

Participant

2h sword mostly for 3 type of attack, highly adoptable to situation.

But like and use all the other weapons cept knives.

Participant

I have a few favorites. The two-handed sword is definitely one of them for the reasons Sky said; its array of attacks is varied enough to keep the game interesting and encourage tactical placement of that big guy. Also, the Man Splitter (orcish greataxe variant) is just godawfully amazing to use. Sure, it costs more fatigue, but when you can potentially 1-shot an Orc Warrior…

The military cleaver and warhammer are both really, really impressive weapons, too. I like having a lot of my characters carry both if possible; punch through the enemy’s armor, Quick Hands to the cleaver, and then hack that head off.

Participant

My favorite would have to be Spear for the spear wall ability. And i really enjoy the new pike weapon.

Inactive

I really like the billhook !

Participant

1) Boarspear – Because of 20% to hit + Spearwall, makes the early game a cakewalk, if you choose your opponents well ofc.
    2) Hunting Bow – Best ranged weapon for skilled archers, from early to current late game.
    3) Pike – Best weapon for Juggler (+5% to hit head)/ Murderer (+10% to hit head) for 2nd line duty, because of range 2 + 5% to head.

Balance for the Balance Throne! Skills for the Skill God! | Wolves - Spam for the Old Gods!

Participant

I really like the winged maces. They do very solid damage, both versus armour and health, and can be used in combination with a shield.
    They build up a bit more fatigue, especially when regularly used with their secondary attack, and some enemies cannot even be stunned.

But a stun at the right time has saved my guys more than once so far.
    Well armoured enemies are rarely brought down in one turn, and are much better to handle for me this way.
    Especially if they carry two-handed weapons.

I did not fight many undead until now, but I assume they are immune against the stun.
    Does anyone know if clubs, maces and the like do more raw damage against them?
    Like arrows and bolts do less than normal in return.

Plague Rats - we're not famous, but we get the job done.

Participant

Boar spear, standard issue primary weapon for all of my guys

a wall of spears x 9 supported by 3 x floating billhook/ xbow guys behind them

Participant

Spears! Polearms are generally poorly done in RPGs, Battle Brothers is a notable exception. :)

Participant

I did not fight many undead until now, but I assume they are immune against the stun.

I’m pretty sure I’ve successfully stunned a Fallen Hero before.

Participant

If I’m not mistaken, only Orc Warriors and Warlords are immune to stun.

Participant

Does anyone know if clubs, maces and the like do more raw damage against them?
    Like arrows and bolts do less than normal in return.

IIRC, only skeletons penalize Ranged Weapons (arrows, bolts, javelins), but don’t actually penalize spears/daggers/thrust attacks. But I also don’t notice any bonus damage from blunt or slash weapons, but I tend to 1HKO them using warhammer or noble swords, so I can’t really tell (would be nice to show more stats in the combat log).

For my favorite weapons: (my general battle approach is about positioning/mobility and sustained dps, less use of tactical skills)
    Early Game: Spears – need that +20% to hit, Bows – somehow hits stuff even below 30%, so yes please!
    Mid Game: Winged Mace/Armed Swords combo for anti-armor and followed up by flavor sword fighting (just have a personal like for swords); billhooks/pike – for 2nd-line melee dps; bows
    Late Game: warhammer/noble sword combo (yes, miltary cleaver/orc sword is probably > noble sword, but I just like the noble sword); billhooks; 2h axe for burst; bows
    Did I mention bows?

Disfavored weapons:
    Dagger/armor-bypass family of weapons – I tried to use them so I could get some undamaged armor, but not very reliable at low skill and high fatigue cost, and by the time I have higher skill, it’s more effective to just destroy the enemy and I don’t need to scrap for armor; I really think there is potential here, and I would find them fun, but currently not effective in practice for the player (especially since we generally have to mow down many more than our numbers); I think these actually should have reduced AP/fatigue cost
    xbows – decent opening shots (potentially 4 shots in two turns, with 4 xbows in rotation), but shorter range and not able to sustain dps same as a bow could; bows just eclipse the xbow in sustained effectiveness

I started to play around with Orc weapons too and found them quite deadly on a strong BB, but I like to play in my own thematic way, and stick to “human weapons”. I tend to play with my band as a bunch of pretentious misfit geeky nobles, each with a “family sword”… The inherent strengths/weaknesses add to my enjoyment.

Participant

What? On top of knockback immune, they’re also immune to stun? That’s rather extreme. All those stun based skills are more worthless then I thought. After all, the orcs are the hardest things on the map

Participant

What? On top of knockback immune, they’re also immune to stun? That’s rather extreme. All those stun based skills are more worthless then I thought. After all, the orcs are the hardest things on the map

Actually, from my experience, the orc warriors and warlords are immune to other key tactical skills: hook, shieldbash/pikepush, stun.

So it’s really scary when they bash through my lines (and sometimes they double bash) into my soft dps core units, which is why I adopted a more mobility/dps approach to skills and weapons. It does make fighting them a harrowing but epic experience though.

Participant

Actually, from my experience, the orc warriors and warlords are immune to other key tactical skills: hook, shieldbash/pikepush, stun.

So it’s really scary when they bash through my lines (and sometimes they double bash) into my soft dps core units, which is why I adopted a more mobility/dps approach to skills and weapons. It does make fighting them a harrowing but epic experience though.

I had a team which was brute force focused (high armor/defence/dps, all troops) , albeit with weapon switching. I’m now experimenting with more kooky tactics, but it seems like tactical skills are pointless. Immunity to one or two types of tactical skills is good so you are forced switch tactics. Immunity to them all means brute force tactics win out. Not such a good design imo

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.