23. July 2016 at 09:52 #16253GreedParticipant
So i think all off us got some trubles with fighting goblines.They got poisone and a lot of othere dirty tricks,to make you enraged and hate them all.So gues have you any good tactics to fight this bastards?23. July 2016 at 09:56 #16254Andrew Sorry for my bad english KleinerParticipant
Attack them at night.23. July 2016 at 10:14 #1625523. July 2016 at 11:54 #16256DanubianParticipant
I just dont fight them at all.
Too annoying and RNG.23. July 2016 at 12:08 #16257Holy.DeathParticipant
Last time I completely wrecked them with my guys attacking at night and using spears and pikes (but, to be honest, I was able to kill almost everything with that setup). Another way of killing them is having good archers/crossbowmen who will snipe them out and then snipe out any non-shield goblin until you run out of ammo. Any survivors can be moped up with your melee fighters without much trouble.
But I wouldn’t recommend attacking them until you get at least a few levels and some decent gear.23. July 2016 at 12:25 #16258AleParticipant
I always use my archers to kill most of them. My other Bros use flails, since the last Update you have this new attack, lash. It ignores shield protection and will always strike the head. Goblins have very low HP and usually bad head armor too, so this attack often kills a goblin with one hit.24. July 2016 at 12:04 #16262WargasmParticipant
Fighting goblins is often very hard when all/most of your company is on tier-1 perks only. Once many/most of them are beyond that, it gets fairly easy to fight standard goblin parties, but ones with bastard shamans can still slaughter level-11 veterans if you aren’t adequately careful/lucky.
Things that make it easy/easier to fight goblins:
– Melee fighters with quick hands and lots of max fatigue, who can afford to form repeated shieldwalls with a kite while advancing, and who can instantly switch to a heater after closing on those net-bearing bastards who are backed up by jagged pikes (or who can form a shieldwall with a heater before closing on one of those bastards forming a spearwall)
– Crossbowmen with good armour, high initiative, the dodge perk and lots of extra crossbows in reserve, who can move forwards and shoot twice per turn at shamans, overseers, ambushers and bastard net-bearers (or bastard spearwall-formers), while remaining less likely to receive hits or serious damage when it’s not their turn
– Nimble swordmasters can be surprisingly effective against goblins, despite their vulnerability to arrows and nets, since they can (a) casually move through the melee without being hit, so that they can corner those unsuspecting ambusher bastards, and (b) use Riposte to exact vengeance against those wolf-riding bastards who cheat by using three attacks per turn
– If one of your high-level crossbowmen has the Berserk perk and manages to kill a bastard goblin, he can use his well-earned extra action points to fatally injure another, and then finish the bastard off on his next turn, etc. etc., so that he keeps gaining an extra attack per turn29. July 2016 at 04:54 #16353SteirParticipant
There are some nice advices how to beat the shit outta goblins:
-Attack them at nighttime, all of them tends to uses ranged weapon which is useless in darkness, and limited vision make them suffer even more.
-All of the men should have heavy armor, it blocks poison and bleeding effects if there is no damage is dealt to HP.
-All of the close combat brawlers should have axe as main or spare weapon, goblins shields are very fragile, so get rid of them quickly.
-For the god sake unleash the dogs, they will act like meatshield that allows your melee fighters close the distance without any risk. Armored dogs also capable to kill gobling archers 1 on 1 most of the time.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.