Topic: Ideas for a "Full Experience"

• Author
    Participant

Hi all, first I wanted to congratulate you on the great game that you doing, I am a big fan of these games and the idea of ​​adding a world map is simply a brilliant idea.

Could implement, you can create your own base (Den) depending on the level of the group of mercenaries, as an honor system between cities, where you can recruit more battle brothers, you have a gem in hand, i’m glad you do them so enthusiastically creating a game of players for players.

It would be nice also add some animation when attacking or defending, not only the movement of the pedestal, like a sword moving to give more feeling of hitting, it would only thing for my taste will be wanting, so other again congratulations.

The Backgrounds i the traits are great, I’m looking forward to see more content on this game for surely I’ll buy when it is launched, will I remember the name of your company for future games.

PS: do not be led by money, make games with time that you may need but as complete as this, I ask it to heart. A hug and thanks.

Participant

It could also implement a set of skills depending on the type of character, such as blacksmith to repair faster weapons and even would be nice to create them (of course this in our own camp or base) in exchange for a considerable amount of tools , iron or leather if they are light armor, medical knowledge to heal the wounds of the battle brothers faster , the ability to train troops with trainer skill (with more level it will teach faster) the idea of hunting for food would be great (deers , rabbits , bears , boars for example ), to make the game more medieval , if not understand where I want to go, things that you can implement are bestial, if you want more precise ideas,you can tell me all backgrounds that you have made to think what skills would have each one , I hope you interested in the idea and enjoy a game that will give much to talk about.
    Thanks again, greetings

Participant

Base building is a pretty cool feature in many games, but I don’t think it would fit well into this one.
    As I see it you’ll be moving from town to town, trying to make the most out of your ressources. Is the player going to spent his time and money on travelling back and forth to his base? How much would he use it?
    And what would the base be for? What would it function be? Training? Resting?

I can’t really see another way to train than fighting and it’s fine the way it is now (with the skills redone).
    Resting, well maybe battle brothers can heal faster when staying in a town.

Or…

Instead of a base you can order your brothers to set up a camp. This will cost you some tools, but your mercenaries recover faster and if you’re attacked, you’ll start in a strong defensive position. If you’ve been camping for a long time your camp will even be fortified with palisades or wooden stakes.

Participant

And yes, there’ll be non-fighting characters, possibly people with jobs like blacksmith, hunter or medic, who accompany you. They’ll grant your warband passive skills, for example a change to survive an otherwise letal attack, or give you the ability to forage for food.

But don’t take my word for it. The game is still in early development and it’s ultimatily up to the devs. I believe it’s still a long way down the road.

Keymaster

Hey Jago, we should get you on the team as PR-dude, your answers are pretty spot on ;)

We originally considered a base for the game but quickly grasped that it would not be feasible as it takes away too much from the “traveling mercenary” style.

Instead we are pondering on a mercenary “trek” that is accompanying your mercenaries and that can be customized and acts as “mobile base”. Here will also be the place for non-combat characters like armor smiths, hunters, scribes, healers and so on. Another thing we have in mind, as Jago mentioned, is a camping mechanic that allows you to set up camp to speed up the night, repairs, wound treatment etc.

Unfortunately that all has to wait until after the Early Access. Right now we focus on hunting bugs and the balancing is a really big issue. Making sure the game does not become too easy or too difficult after 4-5 hours is really tricky as it is a very dynamic simulation that can snowball in all directions if you are not careful.

Overhype Studios - follow us!

Facebook Youtube
    Twitter

Participant

Haha, I’m flattered!^^
    Just been following you guys for a while now; here, on Steam, the RPG Codex and Bay12 forums, looking out for more information. That gives me a pretty solid idea of how you envision your game and what features would add to the gameplay or not.

Participant

Well i like to know you share the ideas i expose in here , i have played a lot of rpgs ( they are my prefer ) i only want to help in any way i can , i like this game a lot more than the biggest company games , more entretaining , more love in details and amazing artwork , i’ll be glad to see all the changes in this game , and more let’s play videos hehe.

If i can help in anything just tell it , thx for the fast response im looking forward for this jewel ^^

Participant

I think the idea of a base is too complicated, you’re right because it is a group of mercenaries, the idea of the camp it fits more with our role in the game, and the option to have followers like healers, blacksmiths, hunters and others it is very good idea.

I wonder if ye thought about making some kind of event such as rescuing prisoners in the camps of thieves, or even add some chest where they keep their supplies to make it more real.

Where I can see information about all that you have plan to implement? I would like to lend a hand in anything.

Thanks again

Participant

No worries, you’re very welcome to share your ideas! And I agree, BattleBros looks and plays like a true gem already!
    Such events are on the To-Do list. They could trigger missions/contracts (but most likely one-time events), just like a quest to rescue prisoners from a bandits lair.
    You can read this on the great feature-page here: http://battlebrothersgame.com/features/
    Don’t forget to check out the links to the detailed-features-lists at the bottom.
    If you like to read from other people talking about the game, make sure to read the discussion on
    http://www.rpgcodex.net/forums/index.php?threads/battle-brothers-a-turn-based-strategy-rpg-mix.89524/
    http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=136754.0
    It’s already over a year old, but it’s an entertaining read (helps to pass the time until EA).
    And there are plenty of screenshots on their twitter-page, even some you’ll not find anywhere else:
    https://twitter.com/OverhypeStudios
    Have a good time! ;)

Edit: I’m Not breaking the “Impersonating-Overhype-Staff”-rule here, am I?

Keymaster

haha no worries, you’re golden :)

What I am personally most excited about are the legendary items we have planned. There is a backlog of over 100 right now but you probably won’t find more than 4-8 in a single game. We want to make them really powerful and change the way you play and give you a real feeling of empowerment. They are all handcrafted and each feature their own short background story.

Facebook Youtube
    Twitter

Participant

Great to hear that Jaysen ,i look at your website each day when i return from work , looking for some new info about this beautiful game , if i say the truth is the first time im asking for things in a game , that why i believe in your team and you’re doing a really good job , the game have any time cap? Or the difficult of the game will grow up time to time? I will pray to this game become as longer like Mount & Blade , i found this one when it’s the first alpha and i become a Backer and now im soo proud of their work i hope i can see more AaA games from your company , and this one for me is a AaA+ game hehehe.

Thanks like always and have a good night

Keymaster

Thanks for the support! Feedback like this helps keeping us motivated and push on!

The Early Access version will have quite some playtime but it is hard to tell a certain number of hours as it is very much like a sandbox. There is a way you can actually “win” and finish the game but this includes a very hard fight and you have to be well prepared. We also have three difficulty levels you can choose from when starting a new campaign and the hard setting will take much more time than the easy one.

Facebook Youtube
    Twitter

Participant

I like to hear that , do you think to put some randmon objetives for each game could be great too , i know it would be difficult the battles are terryfing a bad move means death hahaha i like it too much , you need tactics , luck and cold blood , i love the games that are a challenge more than the trivial ones that becomes boring too fast , i hope you and your team stay motivated to expand the game features i would like to try and share my opinion to make this game a ” Must have ”

When you lauch this game i know it will become a great one , just continue with the hard work like now , and you will find more support for sure , im waiting to put my hands in this jewel , cheers for your entire team!!

Thanks for the answer and good night my friend!

Participant

Hi good night as always!! I was reading the new major update and it was perfect , the weapon durability is great like the armor system , i have a question , what is the maximum number of battle brothers you can have active in the group? There’s any option to grow it? I was thinking in late gameplay and i think you have to make anything to become more longer and challenging , like a rewon system for your band to increase the maximum number of warriors , and also some random events like invasions of brigands or undead , orcs , beastmen ( when implemented ) to make this a hardcore game like the reality in medieval era ( as well in easy or normal mode it will be more easy to finish the game )
    Another way to spend money and become more real is the fact of drinking , the have food but they have too drinnk also to raise their morale , it will be great to buy some beer or also enter a tavern in a town ,and if the team can make some horses ( i know im asking for too much ) it would be awesome , to be “real” knights , for these of course you will need an special perk or find and specific site like an Knight Temple or something where you can train ( and you will require certain level or skills to achieve it ) i know if you can make this game that complete it will become a referent for future games.
    Excuse me to ask for to much things but i am in berserk mode with this game :P
    Thanks and take care!

Participant

Well it looks like the max number of brothers isn’t limited to 12(?) anymore. The huge battle screenshot on Twitter gives us reason to believe that.

Maybe some kind of overall level for your mercenary band, renown/fame, could determine the number of brothers you can hire. You said it, I like the idea.

The idea behind the limit of 12 brothers was to keep battles uncomplicated and clear. However I don’t mind fighting larger battles, as long as I can speed up the enemy movement.

Invasion events: Well that’s the idea behind the game. Some evil force is trying to conquer the land. Events and special contracts will eventually lead to a spectacular boss-fight that can stop the invasion.

Not sure about the drinking. That depends on how complex the moral system outside battles will work. Gotta test that first in EA, but I believe BB will be fine without this feature for now.

Horses would be extremly cool, but I doubt that we’ll ever see some. The terrain of most maps would probably be to difficult for horses and would add unnecessary complexity. A while ago I suggested that horses could be used like a shield. Aside from making you move further, it will also reduce the chance of being hit (the horse would take the damage instead). However horses would be much more expensive than shields.

Knights are against your role of a band of mercenaries. You’re not a noble and can’t become it by fighting for money. But maybe, if a renown/fame system is implemented, your brothers can become beloved heroes of the townsfolk. Thus you can gain access to better paid contracts by the nobility.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 27 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.