Topic: New update: Relations degrading too fast

• Author
    Participant

I went around in 3-5 different settlements/citadels and took on contracts, neither of which i failed to complete. I got relations up to friendly and open with a few of them. A few days later, doing contracts still, not wasting my time, i see that the faction that considered me friendly is now open, and the ones that were open are now neutral.

The settlements do not seem to produce contracts fast enough not to lose relations with them. Maybe this is a bug, maybe it is intended. Do relations stay longer the higher reputation score you have? To me it seems like it is degrading way too fast.

Thanks for the update! Looking good so far, and I can tell that you are working hard to fix bugs!
    har101

Participant

The devs mentioned in another thread they were going to look into this. It definitely feels like a problem for me. I cited an earlier situation where by day 70 I was incredibly famous (Glorious) but only Open with a single House.

Agreed on the settlements. I feel like they degrade way too quickly when they only give 1 contract out at a time. I once got a settlement to Friendly, but it degraded back to Neutral because I couldn’t get contracts for it.

Keymaster

For explanation:
    There is a number behind the rating. So if your relation count is 59 you are “neutral” with 60 you would be “open”. After 2 Days the relation degrades by 1 point (for example) which would put you right back to neutral.
    This way the degration looks a lot stronger than it actually is.

We are considering to add the actual relation number in bracktes, so you have a clearer picture of your exact standing.

Overhype Studios - Let´s roll!

Facebook Youtube
    Twitter

Participant

Thank you for the quick reply PsenBattle.

However, I am at day 40~ now, and the city that was friendly with me is now no longer even visible in the factions menu, and on the tooltip on the map, it states that it is neutral. If the rate at wich it degrades is 1 point per day or 1 point ever other day, this doesn’t explain how it would fall down from friendly (you stated that open is 60, so maybe friendly is 100 or 120) to nothing in a matter of 30~ or so days.

Participant

Considering how often we can get contracts from each faction (not often), surely 1 point degrade every 2 days is too high?

Edit: oh, that was just an example figure. Well, the feedback so far is that it’s too fast. Any chance of the actual rate of degradation being made transparent?

Participant

I don’t think that would be too high… But then again I don’t know how much you actually get for a contract (my guess is that it varies)…

But as I said, i spent maybe 30 or so days on trying to get the reputation up, and it’s already back to neutral, and some of the settlements / cities are not even visible in my factions tab… So I would think that the degradation is faster than 1 point every 2 days… Or maybe it’s a bug for me. Who knows.

Participant

I don’t think that would be too high… But then again I don’t know how much you actually get for a contract (my guess is that it varies)…

But as I said, i spent maybe 30 or so days on trying to get the reputation up, and it’s already back to neutral, and some of the settlements / cities are not even visible in my factions tab… So I would think that the degradation is faster than 1 point every 2 days… Or maybe it’s a bug for me. Who knows.

It really depends on what the numbers look like. If an early successful contract gives 10 influence, then a decay of 1 point per 2 days is seriously too high. If you get 30 points though, then the decay is okay or maybe too low. I guess that the lack of transparency in how much influence you are getting and how much is decaying also makes players uncertain how much they have to work at influence and changes our expectations. So more transparency may help a bit.

I’ll try to work at faction influence and compare my experiences next to yours. That is what early access is for, after all.

Participant

Hey guys !
    I’m at Day 75, and i’m roaming in the same realm,(noble faction) looking for quests.
    Sadly, my relation with the nobles do not increase. It stay at “Neutral” Even after finishing many quests…
    I don’t know if it’s a bug or not, but my relation with nobles seems to be stuck.

With guild masters, i can see after a quest that my relation goes to “OPEN” and the next day it goes back to neutral. (it seems to be very fast to decrease)

Participant

The relation fall is definitely too steep. With the amount of time it takes to travel and complete contracts you basically have to be doing constant quests for one faction in order to maintain/increase your relation with them. 99% of the time this isnt possible because they dont have a steady stream of contracts, sometimes there are none for that particular faction.

It definitely needs to degrade slower by far, please dont keep it the way it is

Participant

The relation fall is definitely too steep. With the amount of time it takes to travel and complete contracts you basically have to be doing constant quests for one faction in order to maintain/increase your relation with them. 99% of the time this isnt possible because they dont have a steady stream of contracts, sometimes there are none for that particular faction.

It definitely needs to degrade slower by far, please dont keep it the way it is

Yeah, having played Battle Brothers a little longer, this is still my assessment. If I can’t keep more than one faction at Friendly – I’d expect to be able to keep a village and a noble house at friendly – then I’m pretty sure there’s a problem.

IMO, slow down the current degradation speed to 1/3 or 2/5 of what it is.

Participant

Update: Ahahaha… okay. Thanks to the update which allows me to see exactly how much influence I’m getting and how much it degrades by, I can tell you with some certainty that it degrades WAY too fast.

I did two identical patrol quests for the same faction nearly back to back. I made sure to try to complete the second patrol quest with as little delay as possible. But by the I completed the second patrol quest, the influence I had gained from the first patrol quest had already evaporated into 1 point (51 influence), almost completed gone. The patrol quest only gives 6 faction influence in the first place. Keep in mind I started the second patrol quest very soon after the first one.

So I have to repeat this quest 50 times in order to reach 100 influence with this faction, making sure to stop for nothing and not actually hunt bandits along the way (although having said that, I killed 30 bandits along the road somehow the second time I did the quest. That road is infested with bandits). If I dally a little to hunt bandits who were on the road but run away, I will probably be stuck at 50-ish influence with the faction no matter how many times I do the quest for them.

Participant

I believe everyone can agree that the relations decay way too fast.
    I would consider decreasing the speed of decay atleast two-, if not threefold.
    On day 80 and I still haven’t gotten much past 60 relation.

Participant

it is possible that with the addition of new types of contracts and the development of the existing situation with a reputation may vary. But now the realities 0.6.0.10 I agree that having a 60 day fame 3000+ and relations with all factions and settlements – not above neutral (without failing any of the quest) – it’s not quite what we expected.

Participant

Hey guys,
    Thanks to the last update, we can now see the relationship points with factions.

I can now tell you that my relation with nobles isn’t buggy. I do get some points when i finish a quest.
    However, it’s way too few points and it’s decreasing WAY too fast.

I’m at day 100, i have done so many quests with the same realm. I have 3000 fame. And still, the nobles kept “neutral” to me mostly all the time. I have reach ONCE “Open 61pts” because i luckily finished 2 quick quests.
    And then, the time to find another quest with them, and all my work was gone. :(

Participant

Good day to you all.

I also feel that relations fade way too fast. To get one of them up you really have to farm rep with that particular faction for a long time. And if there are no available contracts that can be a real setback.
    This removes the liberty of going off to explore other parts of the map or completing contracts somewhere else.

Solutions could be to slow down the rate of reputation decay. Or remove the decay and increase the amount of reputation needed for higher status by lots and make the only way to decrease it failing contracts or taking hostile actions against the faction under the employ of another faction.
    Or perhaps a combination. More rep needed and decay of 1 rep per week perhaps?

Been playing this game for a few months now and it is soo good despite it’s early state. You guys deserve a lot of praise but I’ll post that somewhere else :P

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.