Topic: Question about bloodhirsty character trait

• Author
    Participant

I was wondering how exactly does the bloodthirsty character trait work. Description states that every kill by that character will be a fatality if weapon allows it. What does it mean exactly? I am assuming that it means head chopped off. The problem is, I have used both 2-handed axe and 2-handed sword and I definitely chopped off heads with the sword before, yet this time it was just a normal kill. Is it a bug, or am I missing something obvious? The second part of the question is: if the head flies, is it more scary for the enemies in the vicinity, or is it just useful to prevent resurrecting by the necromancer or zombies coming back to life?

Participant

Were they wearing helmets? As I understand the trait, it’ll cause you to cut off heads when klling if you can, meaning killing them while wearing no helmets.

Participant

Hmm I do remember beheading a bandid raider wearing a helmet. But maybe it was already at 0 durability and just not destroyed completely.

"I am a Paladin!"
    >OMG, Malthus, there are no damn paladins in Battle Brothers...<
    "OK, OK! Then I´m a wrecked down minstrel drunkard pretending to be a paladin, singing so wrong in the midst of battle that even the undead run in fear... Better?!"

Participant

That beheading hit could have been what destroyed the helmet. Just as shields even the worst head gear can save merc lives.

Keymaster

It doesn’t matter if they’re wearing a helmet or not, but the killing blow has to strike the head for a beheading or for being smashed. Likewise, the killing blow has to strike the body in order for the victim to be gutted. The latter doesn’t stop undead from being resurrected, though. The Bloodthirsty trait just sets the chance of a fatality occuring to 100% given the correct bodypart receives the killing blow.

Overhype Studios - follow us!
    Facebook Youtube
    Twitter

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.