Topic: The Berserker perk

• Author
    Participant

After the last update I noticed that it stopped working the Berserker perk both of my brothers with two-handed axes. has murder – no 4-ap add. Play with old save, to start a new game don’t have the time. Does not work with billhook toо. Would like to know – only I encountered this problem? What could be the reason?
    Information : 9 and level 10 is also a perk killing freezy – could it be the reason?
    Thank you for your attention.

Participant

i have this bug – i noted it on bug forum

this only stopped working 100% of the time when my guys got kill frenzy, kill frenzy seems to kill off beserk perk

similar to you?

Participant

Yes. Same situation. Didn’t see your bug report, sorry.
    So…the bug is :)
    Lets hope that it will be fix soon.

Keymaster

I just tested it again in any way I could think of, but it works flawlessly for me. It’d help if you could give me as detailed a description as possible of the conditions under which the problem surfaces.

Is this a problem that only appears with certain skills? Against certain enemies? At the very beginning of combat? Anything could help.

If there is a way to reproduce the problem, attaching a savegame here could also prove useful.

Overhype Studios - follow us!
    Facebook Youtube
    Twitter

Participant

I just tested it again in any way I could think of, but it works flawlessly for me. It’d help if you could give me as detailed a description as possible of the conditions under which the problem surfaces.
    Is this a problem that only appears with certain skills? Against certain enemies? At the very beginning of combat? Anything could help.
    If there is a way to reproduce the problem, attaching a savegame here could also prove useful.

So, I was one of the old q save game save so I did a little research : while my character was not perk Killing Frenzy – Berserker perk works 100% and with the new patch. If you have this perk( KF) the Berserker is not working 100% under any circumstances on any enemies. Unfortunately I can not tell cause of this bug yet any other perks on the way to KF. But colleagues Binkus suspiciously the same situation. I think that the bug of the Berserker caused by activation of the KF.

Participant

I too have experienced this glitch. Here are my findings.

Never observed Berserk malfunctioning by itself, only when I have Killing Frenzy also:

Killing Frenzy and Berserk seem to work only intermittently together. When I first got the two together (on a Billhook exclusive user), it would only proc Killing Frenzy the first kill he got in combat, and never both, but it worked synchronously after that, extending Killing Frenzy and procing Berserk together: This happened reliably for four battles, all against Orcs, so I thought it was a feature, not a bug (which saddened me considerably).

Then I used this same fellow against bandits and the undead, and I observed Berserk AND Killing Frenzy procing against the undead every time (that I observed), and about 80% of the time versus bandits.

The conflict seems to be the first time they both try to proc together, although the battles rarely lasts long enough to afford more than two or three opportunities to use the skills. My final party had two brothers with identical builds that incorporated both Berserk and Killing Frenzy, and I can’t say with 100% certainty, since the second fellow’s faced fewer Orcs, but the latter of them used 1H and shield, and he seemed to have no trouble procing both Berserk and Killing Frenzy the first time in combat. He’s seen fewer combats, however.

Really glad it seems the two are supposed to go together :)

My suspicion is that Killing Frenzy and Berserk may not work perfectly with 2 tile ranged weapons. Not a whole lot of testing to back that up, but I first noticed the problem (in repetition) with a Billhook user. As soon as I figure out where to find my savegames, I may get into a battle that demonstrates this and attach it; been binge-playing your game.

Participant

Had the berserker with the fury skill too. Same problem every time. Was with my 2h swordsmans they are the ones I give both skills.

Participant

I notice the same.

Participant

On my side, Berserker trait has a small chance to stop working at first round. I shouldn’t have made mistake about this as I observed it several times. I started my game after latest patch, I don’t have Killing Frenzy, I picked Perfect Focus instead. Not sure if these information help though.

Keymaster

Good chance this is finally solved. Guess I’ll have to wait and see now if it works fine for everyone after the next update hits.

Overhype Studios - follow us!
    Facebook Youtube
    Twitter

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.