Topic: The Undead

• Author
    Participant

Does beheading the undead prevent them from reanimating?

Participant

Yes. Fatalaties are currently the only sure-fire way of keeping them dead (next to cannabalize, I guess).

Participant

In that case then, should there be an option to decapitate a fallen undead?

It would seem logical.

Participant

It seems logical, maybe even the right thing. Unfortunately that will disturb the current undead battle flow and will need further compensation to the undead side. Like increasing they numbers further, or making them stronger. If it would be implemented now the balance could fall imo.

Participant

It seems logical, maybe even the right thing. Unfortunately that will disturb the current undead battle flow and will need further compensation to the undead side. Like increasing they numbers further, or making them stronger. If it would be implemented now the balance could fall imo.

Not necessarily. Even with medium numbers of undead, there is fatigue management to consider and any player holding up a wall may very well elect not to break that wall in order to cut off a head, particularly if it means moving forward/moving one or two brothers into a melee. There would still be a risk/reward element, especially if the ‘kill’ requires 2-4AP.

Participant

Not realy, in late game it is just a fun rush “who kills the most” in my games. Even in midgames half of the time. When you kill the undead with 1-2 hits and do not encumber your sellswords be that lighter armor or skills, there is not much of a threat most of the times. On the other hand the risen fellas are a one hit punchbags. Unless it is a fellow brother. So there might not even be much need to behead on purpose.

It might be that it is a balance question even without this feature, lategame it is a nice surprise when an undead group offers a challenge.

Participant

I’ve never had issues with Undead (Zombies specifically) getting back up to be much of an problem, since they come back with lower HP. I highly recommend linebackers with billhooks and Berserk, for that; even works out to your advantage, sometimes.

As for the Necromancers raising them… why nerf that? That’s what makes the fight terrifiying :D

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.