Topic: Weapons duralbity question

• Author
    Participant

I want to ask if weapon durability loss is connected with difficulty level?
    My weapons(especially blades but not only) broke like crazy.
    Sometimes I broke 2-3 weapons in fight especially against larger or better armoured group of enemies. Especially if I lead small band.
    Broken weapons can’t be repaired like broken armour(which can lead to sudden loss of your favourite weapon) and Weaponmaster perk in utility tree is 2nd Tier and wasting 3 perks to get it is big loss in defence or offence abilities.
    This is getting little ridiculous when I need to carry few weapons in fight(especially lower tiers) or fight with fists.
    I get that weapons should break but its just to quickly.
    What about when weapon loss all durability its effectiveness is reduced and it gain chance to break instead breaking when durability get to 0?

Keymaster

The difficulty level has no bearing on weapon durability.

Overhype Studios - follow us!
    Facebook Youtube
    Twitter

Participant

Is different weapons or type of attacks against different targets cost more durability than other one?
    I once fight lonely swordmaster(all other members die in easy bandit ambush) against pack of 4 werewolf and broke two short swords and one arming sword and was forced to kill last one of the, with a fist.
    It like one hit on werewolf cost weapon 4 durability.
    It was really frustrating.
    I really enjoy this game a lot but damn that was a bad moment.

Keymaster

The skill used has no bearing on weapon durability at the moment. The cost is always 4 points of durability or 2 with the Weaponmaster perk. Weapons don’t take damage against unarmored or very lightly armored opponents (wearing just cloth armor and such).

Overhype Studios - follow us!
    Facebook Youtube
    Twitter

Participant

While between combat you can swap damaged items from inventory (and it is good to have some back up equipment both weapons and armors) in battle its critical. With the current durability system the perks quick hands and bag n belts have a nice use, not only situational item swap but the breaking item switch aswell. With orcs and undead crushing shields and weapons being broken down from constant hitting these skills are truly utility.

Participant

Hm. I must just be unlucky then or werewolf skin count as hard target.
    Yeah probably that.

It would be neat to make different skills cost different amount of durability against different targets.
    But that is low priority.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.