Topic: World Map Update( 29/02/2016).Discussion

• Author
    Participant

First impressions of the remaked World map – game it acquired the necessary scale. One feels that the development trend of the game – is correct. I mean it is a good game, big need good, big map :). Remaked settlements also looks dignified. Types of food, trophies and trade goods (stones, amber, salt) – all as a good supplement to your favorite game. Descriptions of the contracts – another big plus.
    Now the minuses: noted that if the opponent is superior to you a number (tested on bandits – 100%), the battle begins with an ambush, even if you attack first. In my opinion – wrong.

UPD1

About contracts.
    I think it would be nice if the number of contracts (such as the total number and amount of contracts simultaneously receives will depend on the reputation of the group. All the preconditions for this already.

UPD2
    About hairdressers.
    I think over time, you need to remove them from the function of facial changes and add fees for services, even if symbolic

Participant

There are 2 things i didnt like:

-My first game there are way too few contracts (i run into 1 contract every couple of towns i visit, like 3 or 4, sometimes more). There should be a lot more contracts everywhere. The problem with this game is when you dont have an immediate task, youre sorta just wondering aimlessly.

-The other thing i dont like is the contract interface; there is too little information before you open the contract, and i happened to run into one i wasnt sure i could fulfill so i wanted to go back and save game before i accepted it – nope – if you close the contract without accepting it, it disappears.

-IMO map could use more objects, places to visit or interact with between towns. Lone taverns, or smaller hamlets, anything. Going down a road for 5 minutes is boring.

Participant

-IMO map could use more objects, places to visit or interact with between towns. Lone taverns, or smaller hamlets, anything. Going down a road for 5 minutes is boring.

Please add a slider or other setting for faster (in real-time I mean) world map travel.

Participant

It looks like im getting a lot more contracts now, pretty much every or every other town has 1. Maybe it just takes some in game days to pass.

Participant

Global map looks really nice. Especially at night.
    -clouds sometimes block view
    -still range of view is unkown

New contracts are great.
    -sometimes bugged
    -not enough information in first place
    -very small number of contracts avialable
    -wall of text is nice to have but Contracts lack quick summary info

Trade goods system helps to earn a little which is helpfull on harder difficulties.

Enemy AI on global map but passive on tactical map.
    -if they chase my band they should attack me on tactical map

Changes to perk tree.
    +it looks like Perfect Focus combo get nerfed
    -low tier Offensive perks are mostly useless
    -hold out moved to 2nd Tier which makes low level Company prone to mass routs(enemy kill one of your cheap guys, rest get morale debuff, easier to get hit, harder to hit – enemy slaughter more)
    -still have some useless perks like Student

New stats Level up is nice.
    -some stats have terrible low rolls
    -it should show all possible rolls so player can easily choose the best, now its still possible but with cancel=waste time

Inn is great addition. Big plus.

Overall great job still its buggy and bugs dont let me enjoy this. Still great job.

Participant

UPD2
    About hairdressers.
    I think over time, you need to remove them from the function of facial changes and add fees for services, even if symbolic

Why? If you prefer not to customize the look beyond hair, you’re free to do that, don’t need to take away the other customization options for everyone.

I’m loving the update. The world feels a lot more alive now. A sellsword decided suddenly to leave my group unless I paid him 41 crowns per day (which was the amount the entire rest of group was making combined), so he was kind of an ass :P

I’m wondering if we eventually will have the ability to level up the characters’ stats beyond level 11? (I’m fine with a limit of 10 perks)

Participant

New stats Level up is nice.
    -some stats have terrible low rolls

better then static but it is not suitable for release. This is the first thing we are waiting for an update which will deal with mercenaries

UPD2
    About hairdressers.

Why? If you prefer not to customize the look beyond hair, you’re free to do that, don’t need to take away the other customization options for everyone.

it was only my personal opinion. certainly I am calm if this opportunity will leave since I will not use it. Just the general trend of the game about mercenaries, in my opinion does not mean plastic surgery

Participant

Few others things:
    -no clear indication about enemy strenght ot composition in contract

Recently I clear some cementary on Contract and get 2nd contract in chain to kill necromancer.
    I accespted but then contract lead me to enemy CAMP agaist 24 enemy combatants(2 Necromancers, plenty of Skeleton guards).
    Little chance to complete mission.
    Problem is all this wall of texts in contracts suggest that it will be combat on level similar to cementary but then it was like 2 tiers higher.
    Also pay wasn’t really scaled to difficulty of task.

Similar thing happen when some guy hired my company to deal with some bandits who rape his daughter. Reward was rather low and it text suggest that i will be facing thugs mostly.
    What was my suprise when it lead me to ‘Abadoned Hut’ full of Riders.
    There was also one more thing this ‘Abadoned Hut’ was in fact Bandit CAMP but it change name when i get a contract.

Sure i get it that its a open world and mostly snadbox game. Sure I get that some mission will kick my ass.
    Thing is that in 0.5.0.5 build gold in reward was good suggestion how hard contract will be. Now its gone. Its almost pure RNG. No enough information.

Participant

The other thing about contract is there is no sensible option to resign when you take them and see that you can’t fullfil it.
    Investigate location for example is straight go and kill mission. No option to check and then report back and resign if you think that enemy is to hard.

Participant

Yup contracts need basic utility functions that convey critical information to players so we can make informed decisions.

Forcing me to save game every time i run into available mission, just to be safe, is not a good design.

Participant

Also speaking of important information, i think its time to add some of that to the recruitment system. The way i used to do it before was clear save game abuse, where i would endlessly reload until i rolled brothers with great stats and traits (both starting and recruitable).

It doesnt seem you can do that for recrtuitable brothers any more, however, it would still be nice if the game showed us advanced information about person we are about to hire. Their stats and most important of all their traits.

And speaking of traits, IMO the way they are now – some are clearly awesome and some are stupidly debilitating – is just bad. If you insist on having powerful traits, then at least make sure that each one leads to something different; if they have a huge penalty to HP, then add something that makes up for it, a unique skill or something. The way its set now, i simply have to save game, hire people i might want, check their stats, reload game and hire those who pass my criteria. It would be so much easier if i had that information in recruitment screen.

Participant

basically I agree. As already suggested earlier – the hireling should be obvious traits – characteristics (wooden leg, one eye, fat, etc.) and hidden or appear with a particular probability with levels and events of some of the features depending on its background and common action group . Obvious features you can certainly see to hiring, hidden – not.

Participant

So there was a 2 questions :
    1. I got some silver trophies, the base price is 1400 and 700. Sell them I can max (checked all cities) for 400 and 200, respectively. They need to sell to someone special? I do low fame and glory?
    2. These trophies as well as some products (such as precious stones, and even mmm ham ! I can put in my pocket :). For what? Just another slot? for the future? Amuse vanity silver ring in the pocket? :)

Keymaster

Hey guys, thanks for all the feedback.
    Let me adress all issues in reversed order.

1. I got some silver trophies, the base price is 1400 and 700. Sell them I can max (checked all cities) for 400 and 200, respectively. They need to sell to someone special? I do low fame and glory?

For every item you sell you will always only get a certain margin of the original worth (a third or smthng). The only exception are trading goods. Try to sell items in bigger cities as prices generally tend to be higher there.

2. These trophies as well as some products (such as precious stones, and even mmm ham ! I can put in my pocket :). For what? Just another slot? for the future? Amuse vanity silver ring in the pocket? :)

The Ham serves as food for your company, the other items are just special loot items to have something else to loot and sell than just gold coins. Normally the tooltip should explain if something is useful or just to be sold.

Overhype Studios - Let´s roll!

Facebook Youtube
    Twitter

Keymaster

Regarding the hidden traits we have this discussion going on for quite a while now. Basically since the EA launch :)

I can understand that people want all infos on the mercs, but if you can see all characteristics in advance we would have to balance all traits to make sure every man is evenly strong. Because otherwise the “bad” guys would never get hired and we could remove them from the game right away.
    I dont enjoy that kind of min-maxing and I personally dont think the impact of the traits is so strong that someone becomes completely useless.

Its basically a design decision you have to take (similiar to the floating damage numbers issue) :)

Overhype Studios - Let´s roll!

Facebook Youtube
    Twitter

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 84 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.