Topic: World Map Update( 29/02/2016).Discussion

• Author
    Participant

usually in this quest after you have reached the first city (with a coin symbol) window appears with the information that you move to the next stage of the quest and the icon with a coin is moved to the next town which you must visit. If it does not then you will probably have to visit bugs forum

Participant

Yes, that’s what I am going to do, thanks. But still it would be nice for quest location to be interactive (to have autofocus on quest goal, if it is visible) Much like it is implemented for your party. It looks like a small change that will contribute greatly towards the overall game experience.

Participant

I love battle brothers game is unique and fun! i am suggesting this game my friends to buy and spoort you.

New patch is cool but it comes with some bugs naturally.

I would like to tell some annoying bugs;

1) Reputation degrading quickly and i think it is one of the important future. Maybe it unlocks new and difficult contracts? and we are missing discount :)

2) Patrol quest takes too much time and sometimes my company spending more gold then quest reward. Keeping noble houses cities close to each other will help a lot.

3) Goblins still annoying and hard to deal with. I know its what intended still i am avoiding them it feel like i am missing some content. I like the way they are makes them different. Maybe reducing their difficulity a bit might help.

Other then that i am enjoying patch and at normal difficulity i didnt encounter any hard battle. Thanks a lot!

Participant

Ok. After good few hours of playing the new build, time to give my two cents.
    First the good things: (and there is many of them)
    – I really like and appreciate barbershop customisation options
    – New bigger map goes a long way to provide you with a feeling of being a part of something bigger happening.
    – I like the noble houses and their own different agendas idea
    – Opportunity to gain some additional money with a bit of trading
    – Nice division of your reputation into how effective and how noble/honourable you are
    – Different kind of settlements actually feel different now
    – Skill values on level up finally not being set in stone.

However one really big issue I have with the current build is how miserly the skill rewards tend to be during the level up. On its own it might not have been such a big deal, but certain other changes tend to aggreviate the problem.
    First there is the price of armor and weapons. It often takes several succesful contracts to buy one piece of good armor. During that time you pay wages, buy food, bandages and repair tools. After you finally have your armor it is not uncommon for your best guy to die in it and it gets destroyed. Because so many weapons now bypass the portion of your armor value and deal damage directly to health, the death of your guys is much more likely to happen. Because both their main attack and defense skills can now go up as little as a single point ( I know I was complaining about it being only 2 in the past. That will teach me to keep my mouth shut ;) ) you cannot reliably defend or quickly dispose of your foes to prevent it. One last thing is the fact that you can only field up to 12 guys that now can’t hit the barn door unless 3 other guys are holding it tight to overwhelm it, all the while your opponents can field over 20 deviously skilled goblins for example and it really becames frustrating at times.

Participant

HA, if you look closely then all of these “minuses”(a majority of which I agree by the way) – it all relates to the tactical part of the game and the system of leveling mercenaries. as already the developers said – the next thing they will refine and change the game. This means that the “strategic” update is completely good. Vivat!

Participant

Is it just me or are the new swamp-tiles together with a “kill that goblin leader and his crew” contracts just hard as fuck? :D
    Goblins+swamp+goblin poison+nets = ouch ouch…

Participant

However one really big issue I have with the current build is how miserly the skill rewards tend to be during the level up. On its own it might not have been such a big deal, but certain other changes tend to aggreviate the problem.
    First there is the price of armor and weapons. It often takes several succesful contracts to buy one piece of good armor.

I don’t know about the skill rewards… But I’d say the prices of armor and such are not too expensive. My guys are level 6-7, and I am sitting on 25k gold. Not buying the better armor and stuff because I normally don’t want to run around with less than 70 fatigue… The rate at which you make money is fine, it may even be that it is too fast. You shouldn’t be able to gear all your guys to the fullest in a matter of days. That would make the game fun for 5 hours and then no more.

Participant

One thing I’ll say concerning the purchase of weapons and armor: keep an eye out on the general market. You sometimes get good gear there for prices that WAY beat whatever the armorsmith/weaponsmith offers.

Case in point: passed through a village today. Opened the marketplace. Damaged (40%) mail hauberk (150 armor / 18 fatigue) available for 402 crowns. Yeah, I bought that real fast.

Participant

I can understand that people want all infos on the mercs, but if you can see all characteristics in advance we would have to balance all traits to make sure every man is evenly strong. Because otherwise the “bad” guys would never get hired and we could remove them from the game right away.
    I dont enjoy that kind of min-maxing and I personally dont think the impact of the traits is so strong that someone becomes completely useless.

I agree, I think it adds a lot of flavor that you might hire a pessimist or a coward. I mean, it’s not as if they would state in the “job interview” that “oh yeah, you should know i am actually a chicken”. Adding info would be bad. If people want to, they can always just save -> hire -> load.

Keymaster

1) Reputation degrading quickly and i think it is one of the important future. Maybe it unlocks new and difficult contracts? and we are missing discount :)

2) Patrol quest takes too much time and sometimes my company spending more gold then quest reward. Keeping noble houses cities close to each other will help a lot.

3) Goblins still annoying and hard to deal with. I know its what intended still i am avoiding them it feel like i am missing some content. I like the way they are makes them different. Maybe reducing their difficulity a bit might help.

Hey zolw,
    all three of these issues are under discussion internally right now and we will be adressing them in time. We’ll let you guys know when the isses have been solved.
    And dont worry, game updates will come a lot more frequently from now on.

Cheers!

Overhype Studios - Let´s roll!

Facebook Youtube
    Twitter

Participant

Just split goblins into more variations, or tiers. Reshuffle the current goblins, and keep them as more powerful parties, and then add easier types that arent as powerful (or rather annoying) to fight against.

Participant

Something I noticed:
    Some faction reputations are displayed vertically rather than horizontally in the Factions & Relations page. Like this:
    NORMAL: Very Friendly (##)
    ABNORMAL:
    Very
    Friendly
    (##)
    And the worst part about the abnormal setup is you can’t actually see the ## because it’s hidden. Let me show you.

Participant

Not knowing my new map all too well, I am presented with a mission to bring a package somewhere… The conversation box covers most of the screen, and I cannot zoom out to try and see how far I must go to reach the city in question. I think we should be able to zoom out, or have some ability to see where to go, before starting negotiations (as I’ve said before in some other thread, you can’t say no to a contract after you’ve negotiated, only ‘think about it for some time’).

Participant

Not knowing my new map all too well, I am presented with a mission to bring a package somewhere… The conversation box covers most of the screen, and I cannot zoom out to try and see how far I must go to reach the city in question. I think we should be able to zoom out, or have some ability to see where to go, before starting negotiations (as I’ve said before in some other thread, you can’t say no to a contract after you’ve negotiated, only ‘think about it for some time’).

This would be awesome to have.

Participant

Did you just upgrade the picture for direwolf pelts without saying so, or did I simply not notice it before? Anyway, it looks great. The art for the new trading goods is also nice!

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 84 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.