Forum Replies Created
Armour mechanics in BB is very simple and clear, if devs want more realistic mechanics they should remodel whole weapon damage mechanics.
Weapons should have new parameters like:
1) weight: more weight and more impact force after hit = more bludgeoning trauma after hit and higher bonus to armour/shield damage and more fatigue
2) point of balance: if point of balance is closer to the hilt then accuracy and defense is better and fatigue is less but impact force is lower and less bonus to armour/shield damage
2) type of damage:
2a) slashing: high chance for bleeding, low damage to armour
2b) piercing: high chance for critical damage, very low damage to armour
2c) bludgeoning: high chance for stunning, low damage to chainmail and padded leather, high damage to plate armour
2d) hacking: mid chance for bleeding and stunning, medium damage to armour
4) special structure: for example curved blade is better for slashing and worse for thrusting
After rebuilding weapons parameters now we can change armour mechanics. First of all armour should protect percentage portion of damage.
1) Chainmail provides very good protection against slashing, good protection against piercing, medium protection against hacking and almost no protection against bludgeoning (but most of chainmail users wears under chainmaille padded gambeson). Chainmail is heavy and has bad point of balance (all weight is on your shoulders) it should give a lot of fatigue.
2) Padded leather provides good protection against bludgeoning, medium protection against piercing and hacking, and low protection against slashing, it’s light but heats your body so fatigued is not so low as (but still lower than chainmail)
3) Scale armour provides good protection against slashing and bludgeoning and hacking, medium protection against piercing. It’s heavy and limits movement (lower defense)
4) Plate armour provides very good protection against slashing, good protection against piercing and hacking, medium protection against bludgeoning. It’s heavy but the wieght is evenly distributed so fatigue is less than chainmail, but it’s limits movement alot.
Now we can assume how many percentage portion o damage is very good (99%), good (75%), medium (50%), low (25%). After hit mechanics check what was the type of damage and how many damage target has received, and it compares those parameters with armour type. It calculate how many damage passed through armour and how many damage damaged armour. It’s more realistic but it requires a lot of work to find proper balance.
Honestly speaking, I did exactly this for a game called battle for westnoth, it took me a week to change all the values and balance for each and every unit of every single faction but it was so worth it :D
When it comes to armor I tend to get really pasionate and I understand completly if they wont change their system because one player wants it that way. However this only means that once the game is finished, I just have to mod the game to suit my taste. I have done it for 2 other games before, I would have done the same for battle brothers if I had access to the data files :D
Speed shooting is a thing but pales in comparison to actual combat archery when it comes to lethallity.
First of all I dont want to insult anyone, the kiss ass part was only ment for me. I dont want to hype a game that needs severe improvements in a lot of areas thats all. Im enyojing the game and everyone else is free to enjoy it as well. However ignoring problems just because a game is EA is wrong, how are you expecting developers to actually improve major parts of the game if you are unwilling to mention the bad things about it. Constructive ctriticism is always better, then not speaking up because it may improve later down the line if we are lucky.
Now regarding armor, its true that armor and weapons degrade with use but its also important to note that they dont turn badly this fast. Armor can withstand severe punishment without much problem, chainmail for example has near perfect resistens against slasching weapons and degrades really slow when attacked by them. The only weapon capable of damaging chainmail to any severe extent I know of are 2-H axe like weapons, and even they would mostly cut through 1 or 2 rings and dent 4 more and thats it. They would however kill or maime you through with the sheer force of their blow, wich is why I mentioned armor negating damage in the first place.
Now looking at Orks, first of they are humanoid and very well build, however we can only speculate about their real strength and even then strengh alone is worthless in a fight technic is far more important. I am however going to asume that an average warrior Orc would be as strong if not stronger then a top human body builder. The same aplies to weight, it dosent matter how heavy a weapon is it only matters how fast it is. The formula for kinetic energy is E= 1/2M*V^2.
And regarding the dented chestplate argument, a hardend chestplate properly angled would either deflect a cutting weapon compleatly or bend mildly at best because a plate distributes force very evenly across its surface. Also Turn based combat may be abstract to some degree but not in this game, all regular attacks are either body or head blows depending the circumstances, meaning that our carecters are actually braindead idiots attacking the most protected areas of their opponents bodys. The only time they dont do it is with the “go for the gaps” abillity witch atually is the only way in wich swords and spears in reality
can be usefull against armor at all. Thats why I want this abillity for thouse wepons.
Once again I dont want to insult anyone, I like the game but it definetly needs a lot of work.
This bug happend to me as well. I had routed an army of Ghouls, but one of them just stoped doing anything making it impossible for me to finisch the battle. I had to retread out of the battle to continue playing.