Topic: Paul´s Art Corner

• Author
    Participant

Well the lordly ones should perhaps be large squares (as they commonly were historically): Medieval Banners or shield like: Shields

And the mercenary ones more reflective of units and not noble houses should be more bannerlike: Mercs

Keymaster

Okay, some nice suggestions here, keep them coming!

Overhype Studios - Let´s roll!

Facebook Youtube
    Twitter

Participant

Well, if we approach the issue of formal … then our band of 12 mercenaries in general are not allowed to wear any emblem, flag and even more standard. I personally have not seen that at least one of the three founding members had a noble background, or at least was a bastard :). So, the fact that our company has generally already baner – large convention and a favor from the developers. :). But this is of course do not means that I do not want a nice banner with axes for my next passage…

Keymaster

Regarding the unit size and the question of having a banner at all:
    In our LARP group we were only 10-15 guys and we had our own banner. Even with such a small unit size it was extremely helpful for friends and enemies to identify us at distance. Most important was, that in the heat of battle you could always find your comrades just by looking for the banner.
    I would say any group of 5+ men should have their own banner :)

Facebook Youtube
    Twitter

Participant

(… are you sure you can’t squeeze a skunk into the merc banners? ? )

Now is the time to influence me :) I have not yet decided how the final mercenary banners will look like. In my mind I am exploring various styles. They have to sport a clearly distinct look compared to the noble house banners, but nevertheless should look authentical and in period.

So if you have any concrete suggestions to push me this way or another, just go :)

OK, here you go! ;-)

The Striped Skunk in all its glory! (As a heraldic animal, they would definitely be distinct from the noble houses!)

In a single player game, there's no such thing as cheating. It's merely "creative manipulation of the default settings"!

Participant

Hmmm … I think I pressed a wrong button somewhere. Looks like the images loaded w/o any commentary. :-\

Paul, if you need to have a heraldic skunk to work from, that would take some time. I’m not more than mildly artistically inclined, and as far as digital media equipment, the best I have is a trackball & MS Paint. If you think you’d need it, I’ll come up with something.

In a single player game, there's no such thing as cheating. It's merely "creative manipulation of the default settings"!

Keymaster

No need for a concrete example.
    I dont promise it, but I will consider the skunk :)
    Maybe some more in this direction:
    Skunk

Facebook Youtube
    Twitter

Participant

No need for a concrete example.
    I dont promise it, but I will consider the skunk :)
    Maybe some more in this direction:
    Skunk

Thanks so much, Paul! Just that you’ll consider it makes a very pleasant Christmas Surprise! :-)

Inactive

Ok, I have some banner suggestions, they are a little out of place but I’ll post them anyway:
    Bantu masks-inspired flags

I like the ancient feel of this one, but it's meant for the undead faction

lol this is a flag//poster from a band, but it would be cool to have one like that

Yes, Krampus-themed flag, if I saw a merc band using this one, I would like to join them

some random designs

A flag depicting a whale... how about that?

Japanese kabuki masks for nipponic battle brothers

Idk what to say about this one

Ok and finally, how about a Kali banner for a band of asian-inspired battle sisters?

Keymaster

Hey there,
    really like the suggestions, especially the krampus.
    In general I decided to go for more of a “military” look than a “heraldic” look for the banners. Of course Ill keep you updated on the topic.
    Over the holidays I have been busy with some new treasure to plunder, so its not just boring coins anymore.
    On top of that there will be special treausre locations hidden across the map featuring extra hard fights and according piles of loot :)
    treasure

Facebook Youtube
    Twitter

Participant

Hey there,
    really like the suggestions, especially the krampus.
    In general I decided to go for more of a “military” look than a “heraldic” look for the banners. Of course Ill keep you updated on the topic.
    Over the holidays I have been busy with some new treasure to plunder, so its not just boring coins anymore.
    On top of that there will be special treausre locations hidden across the map featuring extra hard fights and according piles of loot :)
    treasure

Nice. Do you plan to make Treasury Maps (like in old SM pirates)?
    Getting some pieces of info or locations of enemy camps from defeated bands(or from informants in human settlements) would be great too.
    Also do you implement legendary items or unique armors and more types of weapons?

Keymaster

Nice. Do you plan to make Treasury Maps (like in old SM pirates)?
    Getting some pieces of info or locations of enemy camps from defeated bands(or from informants in human settlements) would be great too.

There wont be treasure maps per se, but you will be able to hear rumors about treasure locations when spending time in the Tavern. These rumors will work similar to the “find location” contract like it is in the game atm. So you will get some info on the direction and distance of the location but have to find it on your own.

Also do you implement legendary items or unique armors and more types of weapons?

More types of weapons are already in the making (Two handed Warhammer and a viking style longaxe). On top of that there will be more ranged weapons added. Depending on the available time we will continue to add more weapons throughout the whole rest of the development.
    Regarding Legendaries I cant promise too much. We are focussing 100% on the upcoming worldmap Update and after that we will sit down to plan our exact schedule and feature list for the full release.

Cheers!

Facebook Youtube
    Twitter

Participant

I thought my excitement was moderated before I had come to our dear artist’s Paul little art portfolio. However a brief glance at some of his work sparked my interest wildly, its wonderful to see how the game has and is continuing to evolve step by step and I hope Paul keeps the hungry fire of his artistic passion lit for many years to come.
    As a medieval fighter myself there are many things I could suggest in terms of period correct costume, tools, arms and armor and so forth.
    Two small things I wanted to mention for now, regarding the undead I hope we can keep the Fallen Hero’s in a slightly updated state still very similar to the current one and about the loot-able treasures and quest rewards I wanted to suggest a few namely (The bones of a martyr or saint in a glass box for the clergy, a gold/silver cross, ancient pagan medallion, a marble bust of a noble ruler, Ivory statues etc).
    Before I go I wanted to leave link with some amazing art https://www.pinterest.com/source/n-piterski.livejournal.com/

Participant

Would it be possible to upload our own banners (.jpg,.png…) to the game? (In the future)

Inactive

I hope so, it would be ubber cool

Viewing 15 posts - 571 through 585 (of 1,777 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.