Topic: Paul´s Art Corner

• Author
    Participant

Looks like the next update I will dedicate my Battle Brothers to protection of vital mining and metallurgy operations to prevent them falling into enemy hands.

Participant

Exactly, now you can have a look at the worldmap and already estimate what will be offered in that settlement. If you are looking for weapons and armor visit towns with surface ore veins, smelters and furnaces attached.

Fantastic artwork, as usual. I think the style is perfect for the setting. The idea that a city near a mine will have a better selection of weapons is great.

One thing I like about the game now is that all prices to the company is retail. There’s no incentive to carry inventory to trade. That might make things interesting, but overall, not accurate. Of course, it would be a distraction to running a company, so be sure to not let it creep in!

In a single player game, there's no such thing as cheating. It's merely "creative manipulation of the default settings"!

Participant

I really dig the art design of this game. Solid, immersive.

I have but one slight restraint about it, if I may.

About the base (stand, plinth, I quite don’t know the exact word obviously) it works wonder with skeletons and golbins, due to their smaller size, great with big orks, and their armoire build.
    Althought, with humans, it feels a bit less like pawns, a bit more “eggish”. As the left side embraces the bottom, the character tends to be seen as a whole, and not over his base. Maybe a larger base than top would be more pleasant, truly my opinion.

I hope it’s not inconsiderate to permit myself the remark.
    As besides this, art direction is flawless to me, full of spirit and seriousness.

Keep up the good work.

Participant

Paul? The last preview has some really wonderful imagery in the background of the title… could you post some more of those buldings/people?

Thx :)

Keymaster

Hey there,
    I was a bit lazy in posting new stuff for you guys so here we go again. I’ll show pictures of the villages and Worldmap Assets I am working on.

Settlement main structures:
    Settlements

Overhype Studios - Let´s roll!

Facebook Youtube
    Twitter

Keymaster

could you post some more of those buldings/people?

How about a small mountain village?
    Mtn village

Facebook Youtube
    Twitter

Participant

This is a genuine improvement over something that was already good! I love the backgroumd, and the “cosy” feeling of the village. The bands of people are interesting and appealing… this feels a lot more like a town than the previous art! Well done. Isn’t the lighting on the vegetables a bit too bright though?

Participant

Great job, as always. I almost hear the tchating of the men on the foreground, slightly covered by the sound of the wooden wheel! :)

Participant

Dude! how did you make the shoreline so smooth on a grid based, pre drawn and randomized map?? with the Dec 11 update, your shoreline is just really well done. how did you layer it? water then sand then grassland? or sand then water then grass? I really can’t tell, but I’d like to know how you blend all the shore tiles in your art corner.

RL

Keymaster

I almost hear the tchating of the men on the foreground, slightly covered by the sound of the wooden wheel! :)

As we speak we are creating a beautiful set of ambient sounds for all villages, depending on the buildings etc.

Facebook Youtube
    Twitter

Keymaster

Heres some background info on the whole coast line tile system. It was a lot of work and it took me quite a while to figure out what approach would work best. Of course its still not 100% perfect, but its okay :)

Here goes:
    coast 1

Facebook Youtube
    Twitter

Keymaster

Part 2
    coast 2

Facebook Youtube
    Twitter

Keymaster

Here is the final setup:
    coast 3

Facebook Youtube
    Twitter

Participant

Wow! Paul, thanks for the insight into the shoreline development. I think the results speak for themselves. Can’t wait to see this in the game!

(… are you sure you can’t squeeze a skunk into the merc banners? ;-) )

In a single player game, there's no such thing as cheating. It's merely "creative manipulation of the default settings"!

Keymaster

(… are you sure you can’t squeeze a skunk into the merc banners? ? )

Now is the time to influence me :) I have not yet decided how the final mercenary banners will look like. In my mind I am exploring various styles. They have to sport a clearly distinct look compared to the noble house banners, but nevertheless should look authentical and in period.

So if you have any concrete suggestions to push me this way or another, just go :)

Facebook Youtube
    Twitter

Viewing 15 posts - 556 through 570 (of 1,776 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.