We’re happy to announce that the ‘Beasts & Exploration’ DLC for Battle Brothers will be released on November 29th, 2018, for the price of $9.99 or your regional equivalent. You can already find and wishlist it on Steam right here.
The artwork above can also be downloaded as a wallpaper here.
The ‘Beasts & Exploration’ DLC for Battle Brothers expands the game with a larger world, full of unique hidden locations throughout that offer new possibilities and rewards to the daring adventurer, as well as challenging new beasts roaming the untamed wilds. Craft your own gear from trophies you collect, customize your equipment with a new system for armor attachments, and engage in profitable beast hunting and exploration!
- Legendary Locations – Hidden legendary locations offer new possibilities, lore, unique opponents, and unique rewards for the daring adventurer in a world that is 25% larger.
- New Opponents – Five challenging new beasts populate different parts of the wilds, and three fearsome bosses guard valuable treasure. All of them come with unique mechanics and loot.
- Crafting – Trophies from slain beasts can now be crafted into cloaks, armor plating, armor for your wardogs, shields, potions and other items to customize the look of your hardened mercenaries and benefit them in combat.
- Customize your Gear – Wear cloaks, shoulderguards and more for additional benefits with the new armor attachment system, and use the new paint items to paint shields and helmets in the colors of your company.
- New Weapons and Armor – A collection of new weapons and armors allow for new play styles and character builds.
- New Contracts, Events and Ambitions – Engage in profitable beast hunting and exploration. Immerse yourself in leading a mercenary company with even more illustrated events.
- New Music – Two new music tracks accompany you on your adventures.
- New Achievements – Challenge yourself with new achievements on Steam or GOG.
Please note: You’ll be able to continue your current campaign with the DLC, but you won’t have access to all of the new content until you start a new campaign.
Thank you guys for this great wallpaper!!
And I have a doubt after staring at these gorgeous battle brothers, I wonder if the greatsword guy could survive this adventure, he has a nice helmet, but the body armor seems to be like the one with only 150 points of armor, quite fragile I think. Wish him luck.
I just wish we were finally getting unique battle maps with this dlc/update. I’m scared this might not be the case. Still looks awesome though, nonetheless (hopefully next time)
What do you mean by ‘unique’?
The battle maps are procedurally generated as it is, which means that they are all effectively unique. Which is really cool, actually.
In any case, if we all buy the DLC then the devs will be more likely to listen to future feature requests, as it provides for the devs a viable model for continue support for Battle Brothers.
maps that reflect unique locations i.e. fighting in an actually graveyard or tomb, or on the outskirts of a city surrounded by farms and fields. Inside castles, and orc/goblin cities/hideouts
Sure it does. Just like our feedback and support did last time…
No… My mistake, this happened last time: http://battlebrothersgame.com/conclusion-update-1-1-released/
I’m excited for the update, but not Overhyped. I have utmost faith in the technical competency of the studio, but not in their goodwill. They’re here to make money, not do the fanbase for a single game any favors.
Can I preorder this DLC?
thank you so much !
the hype is real :DD
It will be mine November 29th !
Most anticipated DLC of 2018!
Hooray! Thanks Overhype!
All the stuff in this DLC looks awesome and the changes for retreat mechanics etc. sound exactly spot-on.This is exactly the sort of development and support I was hoping you would do with Battle Brothers and it’s a very reasonable price for the DLC.
Three cheers for Overhype!
Congratulations on the launch of DLC. Do you have another DLC development and release plan after this DLC? I want to continue to develop this good game.
In the wallpaper I noticed the lead brother is carrying a torch or lantern. I hope this is a hint that there will be subterrainean exploration as suggested here:
Or it could be an off hand equipment that keeps the brothers 1-2 hexes away from the holder staying awake.
This all looks amazing! Couple questions though, will there be more davkul related things? And can we make a full group of cultist and role play as a cult of davkul?
Ph’nglui mlgw’nafh Davkul R’lyeh wgah’nagl fhtagn. Nn’nilgh’ri, nn’nglui. Sgn’wahl sll’ha ep’shogg