Tagged: AI improvement
2. January 2019 at 12:00 #23823
Here I’ll collect examples of situations and illogical AI behavior in hopes of AI getting some fixes.
Lets start with movement decision glitches
“engage melee” should have been in tile 3 to begin with, as this tile is:
a) elevation bonus
b) setup for and AoE attack of the weapon
c) engage in melee target with a Reach weapon (penalty to hit in melee)
Instead we he goes for what? Lowest AP moment cost? (shorter distance). Guess acceptable for zombies (because in-game feature “stupid”). But in this case distance is the same (1 tile) and he cannot attack with his weapon regardless of 2 or 3 AP movement cost.
4. January 2019 at 12:52 #238384. January 2019 at 14:41 #23842
The first issue is specific only to Wiedergängers, because they have zero preferences for engaging enemies by design.
The second issue should be fixed with the next update.
Please keep on reporting any AI issues you encounter. Thanks for your help!7. January 2019 at 20:05 #23860
20.59 footman does illegal move. Log attached.
7. January 2019 at 21:07 #23863
same battle, footman attempts to flee at round 13.
12. January 2019 at 18:31 #23893
Well, I guess militia is expected to cower a little bit and hide behind/keep formation with the steel clad battle-hardened veterans instead of chagrin the immortal legion while brandishing wooden sticks, don’t you think?
12. January 2019 at 18:46 #2389413. January 2019 at 11:50 #23896
I think this happens every time, when on “raid caravan” mission from the noble house.15. January 2019 at 15:37 #23906
looks like this brigant marksman has ” brain damage”…17. January 2019 at 17:27 #23937
At the moment shrats are OP in AI vs AI combat, as some enemies flat out incapable in dealing with shrat’s sole gimmick – damage reduction with a shield UP or AI does not prioritise split shield enough or does not exploit its own gimmick well enough.
What I suggest (AI + balance):
1) Make a “split shield” a priority №1 if able to inflict it on a shrat. (Throwing spears, longaxes, non-axe split shields included)
2) Make surrounding a shrat a higher priority than a simple “engage”
3) Make ghosts less suicidal against shrats or unholds. They SHOULD NOT charge ahead of the meatshields. Ideally take into account possible lines of attack for shrat and repositioning if in immediate danger (less than 3 tiles from the enemy, as 3 tiles range for a gheist is crucial in killing unholds and avoiding split skill) as they need to do double toss to reach melee with a gheist, wich is forbidden to them (as it seems).
4) Make shrat’s attack pearcing type, as legion does not have a counter except a crypt cleaver or a priest. At least legion will have more time to roll for fearsome checks. OR pilums for a legion?
5) Allow for more axes on noble shield infantry, possible longaxes on billmen.19. January 2019 at 22:36 #23955
Turn wasted for the hobo.
If disengage is rolled, than it should proceed with disengage and not engage back.
20. January 2019 at 03:18 #23958
Archers still doing weird stuff
20. January 2019 at 14:34 #23959
1 knock out and rest is a waste, just Incomprehensible rotation back and forth.
at the end of the attached log.
12. February 2019 at 13:30 #24149
Weird, Nacho should feast, all conditions are met.
He is surrounded by 3 bros and one dog.
“Feast” is chosen, BUT he actually waits instead of feasting. Obviously, he gets killed by the bros.1. March 2019 at 15:17 #24375
I think when the nacho (as you called them xD) waits before feasting is something intentionally implemented by the devs.
We can see it as them taking some time to eat, I guess. Making them lose initiative next turn with their full bellies.
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.