Topic: AI improvement

• Author
    Participant

Here I’ll collect examples of situations and illogical AI behavior in hopes of AI getting some fixes.

Lets start with movement decision glitches

“engage melee” should have been in tile 3 to begin with, as this tile is:
    a) elevation bonus
    b) setup for and AoE attack of the weapon
    c) engage in melee target with a Reach weapon (penalty to hit in melee)

Instead we he goes for what? Lowest AP moment cost? (shorter distance). Guess acceptable for zombies (because in-game feature “stupid”). But in this case distance is the same (1 tile) and he cannot attack with his weapon regardless of 2 or 3 AP movement cost.

Participant

Keymaster

The first issue is specific only to Wiedergängers, because they have zero preferences for engaging enemies by design.

The second issue should be fixed with the next update.

Please keep on reporting any AI issues you encounter. Thanks for your help!

Overhype Studios - follow us!
    Facebook Youtube
    Twitter

Participant

20.59 footman does illegal move. Log attached.

Attachments:
    Participant

same battle, footman attempts to flee at round 13.

Attachments:
    Participant

Well, I guess militia is expected to cower a little bit and hide behind/keep formation with the steel clad battle-hardened veterans instead of chagrin the immortal legion while brandishing wooden sticks, don’t you think?

Participant

Participant

I think this happens every time, when on “raid caravan” mission from the noble house.

Participant

looks like this brigant marksman has ” brain damage”…

Participant

At the moment shrats are OP in AI vs AI combat, as some enemies flat out incapable in dealing with shrat’s sole gimmick – damage reduction with a shield UP or AI does not prioritise split shield enough or does not exploit its own gimmick well enough.

What I suggest (AI + balance):
    1) Make a “split shield” a priority №1 if able to inflict it on a shrat. (Throwing spears, longaxes, non-axe split shields included)
    2) Make surrounding a shrat a higher priority than a simple “engage”
    3) Make ghosts less suicidal against shrats or unholds. They SHOULD NOT charge ahead of the meatshields. Ideally take into account possible lines of attack for shrat and repositioning if in immediate danger (less than 3 tiles from the enemy, as 3 tiles range for a gheist is crucial in killing unholds and avoiding split skill) as they need to do double toss to reach melee with a gheist, wich is forbidden to them (as it seems).
    4) Make shrat’s attack pearcing type, as legion does not have a counter except a crypt cleaver or a priest. At least legion will have more time to roll for fearsome checks. OR pilums for a legion?
    5) Allow for more axes on noble shield infantry, possible longaxes on billmen.

Participant

Turn wasted for the hobo.

If disengage is rolled, than it should proceed with disengage and not engage back.

Participant

Archers still doing weird stuff

Participant

1 knock out and rest is a waste, just Incomprehensible rotation back and forth.

at the end of the attached log.

Participant

Weird, Nacho should feast, all conditions are met.
    He is surrounded by 3 bros and one dog.

“Feast” is chosen, BUT he actually waits instead of feasting. Obviously, he gets killed by the bros.

Participant

I think when the nacho (as you called them xD) waits before feasting is something intentionally implemented by the devs.

We can see it as them taking some time to eat, I guess. Making them lose initiative next turn with their full bellies.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 42 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.