Tagged: idea for a million
6. September 2019 at 10:13 #25482RusBearParticipant
Top tip enemies( and too strong by game lore) like orc warriors, warlord, berserkers, chosen, honor guard. bandit leader must be immune to disarm like monolit boss have or at least have real penalty to be disarmed by yestarday’s peasants,waiters and other lousy weak people!12. September 2019 at 10:42 #25496kemParticipant
Nope, bland immunes make disarm identical to stun.
Same targets even become immune to both.
Poor design, makes whip just a 3 tile mace clone.14. September 2019 at 15:29 #25497laViperParticipant
Generally immune is a weak design and should be used only for unique bosses.
About disarm and whips – it would be better to make chance to disarm depend on target’s melee/ranged skill. And also distance between targets should give penalty to hit. On the other hand cause all this moments decrease value from whips I think in case of hiting target but not disarming some debuff could be added on tarhet – like -10 melee/ranged skill.27. September 2019 at 15:40 #25509BatBroParticipant
I’ve just realized that human enemies don’t have any sounds. Greenskinz and both types of undead have their own “voices”, but we, humans, the most vocal of all species, are completely mute, and that’s weird. Game already has some phrases as part of urban ambient; so maybe you, developers, add some more? Battlecries, orders, taunts, heavy breathing… well, you got it. I don’t suggest that all types of human enemies (soldiers, brigands and barbarians) should have their own sounds – no, it would be good enough if they just have something.28. September 2019 at 13:58 #25510
I think need to slightly reduce damage of heavy throwing weapons. Standart throwing javelins is pretty strong with mastery and duelist, but heavy javelins and axes just wreck any target too fast and easy.
"Death is a part of mercenaries job."2. October 2019 at 15:50 #25511
I want to suggest poison-immunity for antidote for battle or several turns. Because current antidote is pretty useless.
"Death is a part of mercenaries job."19. October 2019 at 12:20 #25521
I have another suggestion. Since now unique broken armor is always returned to the player after a victory, may be a good idea to return broken unique shields to the player after victory. With this changes unique shields will be more valuable.
"Death is a part of mercenaries job."5. November 2019 at 15:16 #25537
Today i want to suggest melee attacks for throwing weapons. I think throwing weapons not so useful in the first line of battle because u cant attack in melee and so u cant stop enemy when he walk past thrower into second line. The same thing with enemy’s throwers. Also brigand leaders with unique throwing weapon cant fight in melee and as i see, they have no melee weapons with this type of unique.
Another suggestion is a different type of arrow quivers. It might be a good idea to add various quivers with bonuses and a penalty for bow attack. For example a quiver with bonus damage (+20%) and penality on breaking through armor (-20%) and armor effectiveness penality (-20%) . Anothers example is piercing arrow with penetration bonus (+20%) and damage penality (-15$). A similar option can be made for crossbows.
"Death is a part of mercenaries job."17. November 2019 at 12:55 #25544allp1neParticipant
Guys pls add horses and stables in the game so that characters could use them in the battles. I think it will be easy for you because you already have such mechanic in the game (dogs and their armour).4. December 2019 at 21:55 #25555varowParticipant
1. Routes are still not optimized. The game needs a manual step-by-step direction of movement with some pressed button (Ctrl). For lunges as well, auto lunge often chooses a disadvantageous position. Also can’t understand why swings locked to hit only in a single direction. It harms tactics very much.
2. Please balance map generation. Big market towns shouldn’t be remote, built on small hard-to-reach islands and not having roads. Also souldn’t be generated very close. It makes other regions not interesting and unnecessary to visit.
3. Please make the in-battle pop-up windows interractable if a button pressed (Alt), so we can move cursor on it’s icons and see the descriptions of injuries or other status effects.
4. Controls rebinding in the game options.
Attachments:9. December 2019 at 14:21 #25560AnonymousInactive
I suggest more davkul and davkul related happenings, maybe sacrifice an entire village women children men and all, and then the next day claim a legendary sword that steals life for the user when it does hp damage? But by sacrificing the village you are made an enemy by that faction and hunted. Maybe have witchhunters come after you if you chose the true path to davkul. I always play as davkul cultist and I feel there could be a bit more. In my opinion that cult is the greatest part of the game, its role playing I can really get behind and interested in. It is like mixing Cthulhu with warhammer gods,and thats just a great combination.13. December 2019 at 11:16 #25568the9900dudeParticipant
Hey Devs! I got this game during last year’s (2018) summer sale and did not regret it. I also got all the DlCs and kept saves for 4 merc companies ( more soon!) I haven’t successfully defeat the kraken yet but I already have ‘The Reproach of the old Gods’ and the emperor’s full armour. The learning curve for the game is steep and at first frustrating but once I got it, it’s pretty enjoyable!
Here are some suggestions:
1. In battle quick save – fighting in a legendary location takes many, many turns and requires a long time to play. It is always such a shame that I have to do something else after fighting a battle half way and I have to turn the game off losing my progress and restarting the battle in another randomly generated battle field. I was thinking about saving during a battle to continue the same battle at a later time without losing our progress whenever we needed to do something else in the real world . This will also allow us to play the same battle field without having to generate another random battle field and losing all the hard earned advantages we got during the last battle. The quick save function may be disabled in ‘Iorn man mode’ though.
2. increased perk points – I understand that this is supposed to be a difficult game and that making the brothers lose the ability to gain extra skill points and perk points to be capped at level 11 because any more would make the brothers too OP.However, as humans have an ability to adept and learn new tricks, How about this: after a brother reaches level 11, he will no longer have a perk for every level he gains but will gain one every 10 levels? ( assuming he lives that long) currently I have a brother at level 28 and the thought came to me: Since he’s so strong now, should he be able to carry more things ( bags and belts) or shouldn’t he know more on ow to resist the witches charms? ( fortified mind) So realistically, I think allowing a brother to have a perk point after level 11 ( but not too many!) would be more believable.
3. Trading with the caravans – there are plenty of caravans around the map travelling around wouldn’t it be great if we may trade with them? or Rob them? the items they carry may not be much and their prices may be more expensive if they came from a hostile city or cheaper if from a friendly one.
4. Horses – Wargs for goblins and donkeys for caravans. there is even an event where one of the brothers may race a horse! But why isn’t there any one riding a horse to battle? What happened to white knight riding on a white horse? Perhaps the Calvary units will try to out flank your brothers and their allies and attack just like normal. The horse riders may work just like the warg riders with increased movement range, the ‘foot work’ ability and the ability to survive after the horse is killed. The only difference is that the horses themselves may not attack, will disappear after the rider is killed and be plundered after the battle. The horse may be assigned to a brother using the same slot as the dog. since there is already horse pulling the wagon for your inventory, additional horses should not affect the traveling time on the map. Horses may be sold and bought in a city/ village through the market/stables.
5. Battle sisters – Historically all over the world, there are plenty of stories true and myths that depicts woman warriors perhaps some battle ladies may join the company through hiring or an event perhaps?
6. If permanent destruction is not enabled, cities may be built back after a fixed period of time. maybe even an event where the player’s merc company may join in and help rebuild or protect the builders for a set time/after a few battles ( protecting village). This might even be an event where the brother with a ‘mason’ background may show what he can do.
7. More random Events! The number One thing I love about this game: The Writing. The way the characters speak with such personality and in such a way that we can relate and get into the goings and happenings of the game. Wouldn’t hurt if there were more of such events would it? plus it would make the game much much more fun and interesting. maybe a little more about the lore? something that happened before? Why is the *SPOILERS NOW* player the only one that got dreams during the undead event? *SPOILERS OVER* there are so many unanswered questions! Kuddos to the writer of this game!
8. A southern Barbarian? – Yes. barbarians in the north but what about the south? surely the barbarians are not only confined to the north right? The southern barbarians may act like green skin goblins and prefer sneak attacks and ambushes instead of brute force.
9. Barbarian late game crisis – this is of course for the barbarian DLC. increase barbarian activity, numbers, spawn times! quest will be more geared towards killing barbarians. cities maybe razed to the ground (permanent destruction) or captured and turn into huge, rapid barbarian spawn points. Barbarian cities may be recaptured and have to be rebuilt from scratch. if (8.) is approved, perhaps the north and south barbarians may work together to destroy the kingdom.
Thank you for bring us this awesome game that provides good writing and intriguing game play. Hope to hearing what you think6. January 2020 at 10:45 #25590Echo_7Participant
The game has a lot of content and likely opponents. Certain content and tactics are assigned to the opponents, but some opponents are more common than others in the campaign of the game. We rarely fight other mercenaries, Lord’s soldiers, or militia. Finally, some types of weapons are just almost not found except in the workshops-Fighting Spear for example. Thus, some of the content is on the periphery of the gameplay. This leads to monotony due to the irrational distribution of content on the gameplay, which is a shame.
I will often repeat “group quests” – these are quests in which, in addition to the player’s side, another force acts on the customer’s side. I liked these tasks and I would like to have more of them. I think it would diversify the game.
As the author of these ideas, I think they are awesome, but of course the opinion of the developers is crucial. More specifics below under the numbers.
1) add to the army of noble houses Swordmasters and Master Archers
2) Regional equipment of warriors of noble houses. Armies of “Northern” houses can use “Northern” helmets, “southern” – “southern» helmets and scimitars. Sergeants can be equipped with shamshirs.
3) Sabre and Bardiche in the equipment of the leaders of brigand
4) I liked the tasks in which the player is helped by allied units, but unfortunately they are mostly found during crises. I would like more allies when completing tasks. Who hasn’t lured an Orc Warlord on a military patrol? This could be a great likelihood that during the quest “protect the village” the militia will offer assistance. These could be new tasks focused on interaction with allied units.
The customer can consider mercenaries as an addition to an existing unit or hire several units for a particularly difficult task. Some tasks may imply that the player’s squad will be follow by allies, but the customer will not like it if the player tries to use reinforcements for other purposes than completing the task.
5) Civil war quest: capture the traitor. The lord had received a message from the spies that the head of the small settlement wanted to betray him. Since the group of soldiers will be too visible, he hires mercenaries to capture the burgomaster. You will fight with the local militia and perhaps a detachment of soldiers from another house. Or maybe he decides to give up without a fight.
6) Local crises of the late game. This event takes a long time, has accompanying quests but is not global. Local crises reflect the variability of the world in which the actions take place and serve the purpose of involving in the gameplay content that is usually on the periphery – it’s mercenaries, militias, soldiers. These are group fights between participants who rarely find themselves on the battlefield at the same time. For examples:
Revolt of the city. It is not profitable for the lords to destroy cities, because they are a significant part of their well-being. Cities are not profitable to overthrow the lords because they provide them with constant protection. So that the cities agree with their subordinate position in relation to the noble houses, however, not absolutely. As the city grows rich, its burgomaster and merchant elite begin to be weighed down by the power of noble houses, and then war may happen. The war may start because of a broken contract, attempts to pressure the nobility or the ambitions of the burgomaster, or the merchant elite may want to reduce payments to the noble house. In any case, it does not matter to you – the war is bread for mercenaries. The city militia is weaker than the castle warriors, but it doesn’t matter so much if you have a lot of money.
I thought that a battle between the militia and several companies of mercenaries against the warriors of the noble house would be interesting. This could be a task for the defense of the city from the squads of noble houses, where the player’s allies will be hired companies and militias. This can be a task to capture prisoners for exchange (attack the settlement, protected by soldiers and militias). These are other examples of mercenary companies fighting soldiers.
Impostor. A rumor had reached the Lord that a certain man had declared that he was a lost member of his family and was claiming his birthright. He owns an army of bandits like himself, has hired mercenaries, and has managed to secretly extend his influence to several settlements. The parties to the conflict here will be militias, soldiers, bandits and allied mercenaries.
This may be an event related purely to the ancient dead. The lord sent an expedition to their lands to retrieve an artifact. After that, the ancient dead organized a campaign against the lord, killing all the living. It is similar to the crisis of the ancient dead, but centered around the confrontation between the lord’s soldiers and the ancient dead. They are not an easy opponent, which is why they are not as popular as orcs or bandits.
Finally, the crisis of the barbarians can only be local.
This niche has a large scope for implementation, but the quests will remain a kind of exclusive.
7) Tasks from the barbarians. I see that there have been many proposals to make a barbaric crisis of the late stage of the game, but I understand why it was not done immediately-crises are global events, crises of barbarians would create excessive pressure on the Northern principalities. However, there is some uncertainty in their status, which gives rise to such proposals. I liked the barbarian king version of the quest, where barbarian mercenaries go out to fight the undead. What if we make the barbarians the customer for the late stage of the game? The point is that as fame grows, the mercenary group becomes famous among the barbarians and they will want to use it in cases where they can not cope themselves. Traveling with you will contact the barbarian messenger and when you do not have a job will offer it to you. A barbarian messenger is a man once captured by barbarians. He now serves as a spy and messenger for the barbarians in matters concerning the southerners. These can be group tasks. This can be a battle with a group of witches, skeletons, robbers or necromancers, participation in the strife of the barbarians, the battle with the greenskins, etc. In the end, your mercenary may think that he makes one of the enemies of the noble houses stronger.
In the end, the relationship between the barbarians and the player is very contradictory – they can both fight and negotiate. Barbarians respect power, but they have nothing against mercenaries personally.
8) riposte fix
This is the most useless ability in the game. It almost never gives a win on attacks per turn, but it is very expensive for endurance. It can be useful only against ghouls or wolves, but also if the mercenary is not surrounded, but if there is another goal, the enemies will switch to it. Offer…
Make riposte cheaper on stamina, give a penalty to protect by default, cancel the penalty to attack. The sword is just a light cleaver in the hands of an inexperienced fighter. This is a purely offensive weapon, as it is now. The sword expert has a protection bonus for all swords. Riposte: after the “master” is cheaper in OD(you can move, hit and use the riposte in one move), stamina, less penalty to the defense, 50% of the protection is added to the chance of hitting a counterattack. This is an option. In the total case — to make cheaper ripost, to increase the chance to hit on successful attacks with the sword can repel the attack, unlike an axe.
9) Escort Envoy
This is the most boring quest in the game. Is there a way to make it more interesting?
10) subcontracting Tasks.
I suggest a new type of job, when your team is hired by other mercenaries to work together to take a remote large location. The mercenaries are only interested in the artifact or their contract, and they agree to leave you all the loot and trophies. But be careful-in addition to the actual protection of the lair there will be an additional army. In the end, your brothers-in-arms of yesterday may try to Rob you, but you can do the same.
Such tasks can be with the participation of soldiers instead of mercenaries, but the essence is still the same-more opponents, but there are allies.
11) Captured weapons from mercenaries. Mercenary gangs are groups of experienced warriors who have been in battles with different opponents. It would be logical that they would have a small chance of having weapons made by barbarians or even greenskins.
12) More models of trophy (orcs and goblins) named weapons. During the campaign, some opponents are more common than others, especially goblins and orcs. Most of the named weapons are obtained in battle from the heroes, but the captured named weapons have few models. As a result, you may have several Goblin swords with the same model in your inventory early enough to devalue them. We need more models of personal trophy weapons.
13) More good spears.
The goal is to pull good spears from the periphery of gameplay.
We are talking about spetum and military spears. They can’t be taken from anyone as loot. They can be added to the list of raiders, leaders of bandits, soldiers. There may be a class of soldiers using spears.
New class – the bodyguard. This is a class of Spearman, whose task is to protect the most valuable unit. He does not engage until this unit is under attack. Its behavior algorithm is similar to that of the undead bodyguards of necromancers, only it is alive. His task is not to let the player’s units surround the VIP, and if they do-to push them out.
The class – master hunter. He uses light armor, Quick Hands, Footwork, actively throws nets. Armed with a spear or spetum. He looks like a Goblin with a pike – the same cowardly class, but can put up a wall of spears. He will set this up so that your unbound brothers can’t get close to him. It has a good attack, so it’s not easy to get close to it. He is not so original, but his tactics are more like those of a beast Slayer.
The most important thing is their champions, because they throw in the turnover of trophies named spears and spetum.
14) New crisis screensavers
When you are already going through the 3rd undead crisis and get the same message about its beginning and end. Maybe someone just doesn’t read them, but it would be great if they alternated.
15) Reverse destructibility.
One of the advantages of BB is a dynamic world. I understand that this may not be in the near future, but what if we make it possible to restore settlements on the map? And there may be ruins on the map that can be colonized. Many players choose the first crisis of the civil war to the map did not disappear settlements that may be interesting. This can mitigate the devastating effects on the map and provide an occupation for the player after clearing the legendary locations.
16) the Crisis of the player later in the game.
The problem with the later stages of the game is that the more you get the harder it is for you to take risks. There is little to justify the risk of losing level 20+. There are legendary locations, but after clearing them, the number of worthy opponents is reduced, as well as the risks for the player. On the one hand, the player can cut out entire armies, on the other he will not do it because the reward does not justify the risks.
I think it would be normal if, at a certain stage of fame, a certain trade Guild offered the position of “Grandmaster for special cases”. This allows you to enter into contracts with other mercenaries on behalf of the Guild and takes on ½ or even ¾ of the cost of hiring and training staff, paying you a percentage of the profits. That is, the player can hire another band of mercenaries for a certain time in the form of an escort — this is a good bonus, and most importantly, not permanent. This bonus is provided by a Certificate-a documentary confirmation of your status. The letter as food has an expiration date and if you ignore the responsibilities can be revoked by the script. The discount on hiring and training will make the loss of veterans less painful. But this bonus can be lost, unlike The Emperor’s Countenance.
The Guild will develop due to the player’s actions and undergo a constant negative impact of the game world, which will provide a new source of motivation, an alternative to the growth of the shock force of the squad-changing the world, while without changing the role of the player “mercenary squad, killing for money”. At the same time, Guild bonuses are not aimed at strengthening the power of the squad directly, but rather at increasing its ability to recover losses. Playing for the Guild involves more complex quests, as the growth of the Guild will meet more and more resistance, both from traditional enemies, and from the cities and noble houses, which will provide a variety of opponents. Finally, the actions of the Guild can provoke its own crisis.
In the image of the Guild, I would oriented on the trading houses of the middle Ages, the predators of wild capitalism and the mafia. This is a very risky proposal, because it is essentially a new player-friendly faction, but I think it is worth it and this is the change for a very late game, which should still happen.
17) Add the ability to find small jewels and a gun in the stomach of nachtzerer. This will make them a more interesting target to attack. Add your branch to crippling Wiedergangers. They are more tenacious and have no blood and stamina, but they can be cut off hands and feet except the head. You can turn the torso into a mess and it will complicate the management of the hands, etc. These are small things, but still pleasant.
18) dead animals
I understand that I am expected to offer additional content), so: I propose to add animals-zombies: wolves and bears from necromancers. I may be beaten by other players for this, but I suggest a similar animal for the ancient dead – an ancient sacred animal. This is the decorated skeleton of a predator, perhaps a lion or a large lizard.
19) And over…….
Armored windgangers with polearm weapons and Champions with polearm weapons-why should all the players ‘ tears collect skeletons with pikes, and all the named weapons are shield-guards? At the suggestions of the female models — they can be among the barbarians and among the undead.
P.S. I am ashamed of my English, so if something is not clear, ask — I will try to paraphrase it more clearly.19. January 2020 at 09:16 #25633varhagenParticipant
warriors of the north had a good idea but mediocre implementation. The barbarian faction added interesting gameplay, but it turned out to be grotesque. it didn’t really fit into the overall visual style. The visual style is very important when there is no familiar graphics and animations. I suggest to return to the maximum realism on which the game was based. P.S You are a really cool team that made one of the best tactical games. I am very glad to see the increased interest in the game in Steam, many likes and comments. I hope the game will develop further. THANKS You.24. January 2020 at 14:55 #25679
That a good news that in new DLC will be different new location-based environments. I just hope such things will be also in legendary locations, especially on Kraken and goblins great city. Because goblins and especially Kraken is too dependent on the fight territory. With the latest DLS there was good changes with Black Monolith territory.
"Death is a part of mercenaries job."
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.