Topic: Post Your Company Name

• Author
    Participant

Battle Bait, lol. From the way I play my early game

Participant

The Reaper Men; two hunters and a bastard

Participant

I went with the “Plague Rats”. Obviously.
    The idea behind it was to have a band of lowlife individuals, who are mostly frowned upon by many of the normal people, and especially the nobility.
    Yet, their services are somewhat of an ugly necessity in these times, and so they are hired again and again to fight off orcs and bandits, undead and werewolves.
    The flavour texts in the game actually reflect that type of band pretty well, in particular if you often deal with those rather healthy merchants in blue robes.

To show that ingame, I decided to work only with specific backgrounds for my characters.
    Everything related to nobility or even well educated classes is not allowed to join, so I will not pick up adventurous nobles, bastards or swordmasters, neither minstrels, historians or apprentices (just a few examples). Those would refuse to join a group of individuals with such low, questionable backgrounds.
    On the other hand beggars and deserters, poachers and hedge knights, gamblers and vagabonds are very much welcome.
    Backgrounds of the social middle range like lumberjacks, retired soldiers or tailors are accepted on a case by case basis, depending on their particular background. A butcher who had to leave hsi town because he used… questionable meat sources would be agreeable, for example.

Was a bit tough to get a starting group who fits into that and still gave me enough people of that kind for hire; I had to reroll several times. Often I had someone in the starting three who did not fit – and when those were fine, I could only hire historians and swordmasters. The problem was less to get capable characters, mind you, but ones who would fit into the background schematic. Beggars were totally fine.
    Eventually, I ended up with a lumberjack, a graverobber and a deserter as the founding members, and hired a gravedigger, a miner and a wildman before setting out. The miner is sort of expendable (which is why he got the title “the Redshirt”), but so far he refused to die – unklike the gravedigger, who was too eager to dig his own grave right in the first battle.

The only really tricky part is ranged combat, since both bowyers and legitimate hunters do not fit into the bunch of outsiders. I have not found a poacher yet and I think I would also take along a witchhunter, but so far my brawler (the only character I could find with a somewhat decent ranged skill) seems to be content with shooting with the bow instead of trying to bash it over peoples’ heads. He even hits a target on occasion.

Plague Rats - we're not famous, but we get the job done.

Participant

Company : “Good Chopers”

Participant

The brotherhood of meat balls
    肉球兄弟会

Participant

That’s one heavily armoured band of axe swingers, Rus Bear.
    And an expensive one, too.
    How do you handle their high needs for fatigue?

Plague Rats - we're not famous, but we get the job done.

Participant

The Red Wheel:
    Torleif had a brother-in-law who scrapped what little coin he had saved up to start a caravan. The man helped the only way he knew how, and became a caravan hand to guard his long time friend on the road. When a bandit raid saw the entire operation destroyed, and his sister’s husband dead, Torlief became depressed. When news of the loss spurred his sister to suicide, he was completely shattered. For months he continued on quietly while keeping to himself. When he had saved enough capital of his own, he and two friends started a mercenary band named The Red Wheel in reference to the tragedy that caused its creation. It was dedicated to protecting other caravans from a similar fate, but has since branched into other types of contract work. Below is their marching song.

“Our war rolls on without a cause. Our glories pile without applause.
    No one mourns a sell-sword’s life, we die for coin and live for strife.
    Are you a client or a toad crushed along our winding road?
    Who will buy our strength today? Who will stand in Red Wheel’s way?
    Bones have cracked between the spokes, Wood has stained from many soaks.
    All else breaks while we roll on! Crows eat well where we have gone!

Speak up brothers, shout with zeal. How fare the men who fight the wheel?
    ‘Cold and quiet as the grave, ground into the road we pave’
    ‘They feel what priests and dead men feel, their weapons break against the wheel’!

What of the ones that don’t stay dead? The ones with veins already bled?
    ‘Breaking the cycle is a sin! They rise and so we kill again!’
    ‘They feel what proper dead men feel, we grind their bones under the wheel’!

And of the orcs – foul, unclean, ugly, stupid, huge and mean?
    ‘With skin of green and blood of red? They number too among the dead!’
    ‘They feel what priests and dead men feel, we crush their strength under the wheel’!

Raise your steel and honor well the ones who fought where you do now.
    ‘New blood in when brothers fall, new spokes till we’ve replaced them all.’
    ‘New recruits repair the wheel, and reinforce the rim with steel!’
    ‘All else falls under our weight, all else meets the same old fate’
    ‘For priests and dead men cannot feel, and were long left behind the wheel.’

Participant

Dear lord… can’t you people come up with original and creative names?

Total War –> Bandits, Orcs, Undead are everywhere. It would be nice if they have a tea party together….
    Besieged –> Here’s the bad news. They don’t like tea. They like you.
    This War of Mine –> It’s all about you and your buddies, agree?
    Orcs Must Die –> Orc’s sexy and muscular body gets all the chicks, always.
    Chaos Legion –> Our members ranged from rat catchers to nobles, you name it.
    Attack on Titans –> I’m not sure how tall you are, but orcs look really tall to me.
    Jormungand –> What do you mean you’re making money without selling weapons?
    Guilty Crown –> Just don’t ask how many lives are sacrificed for this stash of fortune. This is my Guilty Crown.

================================================================
    Well…. ahem, ahem…. let’s be a little more serious.

Battle Brothers –> current/first gameplay, which is also experiment gameplay for learning purpose
    Well, if I start new game after learning most stuff in the game, I might use some really cheesy names.

Thanatos – the avatar of death.

Here goes a really cheesy/pretentious one. Read at your own risk. (cover face with embarrassment)

They say people like us always head for places where blood is spilled…
    And we’re accused to grab whatever left by the dead…
    So from today onwards, our band will be known as…
    Raven’s Claw.

Participant

Grudgebringers.

+5 points for anyone who knows where that comes from.

Participant

The Black Company, always been the great one.

Participant

At the moment it’s “The Artful Dodgers” for me, made up of one captain and 11 Dodge and Nimble melee guys.

My other favourites were: “Hugo’s Headhunters”, using Head Hunter and Push the Advantage perks (and named after the ancient Battle Brothers hero Hugo from back where half the roster seemed to be made up of Hugos ;-), and “The Reaper’s Legion”, with the scythe banner.

So little time, so many perk combos to play with.

Unscrupulous Children Of Jesus

Gardes du cardinal

Participant

The Eastern Pact has been going and going, although on a very weird map

Participant

White Wolves. A guild name from Meridian59

Participant

The Dirty Dozen

Best name ever.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 87 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.