Tagged: idea for a million
26. October 2015 at 21:28 #7228BarbaricBeastParticipant
It’s really frustrating when you’re protecting a caravan and a band of raiders attacks, then they sit on defense. There should be some sort of requirement to make the attackers actually attack. If they attack the caravan i’m protecting, they shouldn’t be able to sit there forever and force me and mine to charge into their shield wall in order to progress the game.26. October 2015 at 21:37 #7229BarbaricBeastParticipant
Yeah, past three games i’ve started have all ended in frustration because of this. Defending a caravan and losing 9 men to a 5 man wall of raiders because I simply cant leave the battlefield while they sit there beating their dicks waiting for me to suicide against their defense when they’re the ones attacking.26. October 2015 at 21:49 #7231MeekyParticipant
It’s really frustrating when you’re protecting a caravan and a band of raiders attacks, then they sit on defense. There should be some sort of requirement to make the attackers actually attack. If they attack the caravan i’m protecting, they shouldn’t be able to sit there forever and force me and mine to charge into their shield wall in order to progress the game.
I’ll bring up another video game here for an idea of a solution: Age of Wonders III.
In Age of Wonders III, sitting around as the attacker waiting for the defender to come to you will count as a retreat for you if you wait too many turns. Once you retreat, you get penalties on the worldmap (namely, you lost a battle, so your faction’s morale is reduced, and your army’s morale is reduced, and you lose all remaining movement points, etc.).
While all those mechanics won’t transfer over to Battle Brothers well, I could see the enemy being forced to go on the offensive if they’re the attacker after X number of turns.17. February 2016 at 18:07 #12227ulfred_heisenbergParticipant
1: being able to siege a castle or settlement with siege equipment
2: sea battles17. February 2016 at 19:05 #12231
Sea battles could be fun :) They could look like in the Heroes 3.
All life's problems can be solved with a bayonet charge.19. February 2016 at 14:06 #12256
I got idea, but i think that not really important:
What about ability to save a replay of the battle? In that case, you should be able watch a replay of battle anytime or even send the replay for friend.
All life's problems can be solved with a bayonet charge.20. February 2016 at 15:15 #12272
What about ability to view a battlefield after battle?
All life's problems can be solved with a bayonet charge.22. February 2016 at 11:17 #12275FotsvampParticipant
What I would like to see is the implementation of specialized ammunition E.G, Bodkin arrows vs broad head arrows, they would work slightly different, the bodkin arrows ignoring more armor and the broad head dealing more damage.
This would add some utilitiy to archers and if you’re willing to go a step further you can add more outlandish types of ammunition such as blunt bolts for crossbows (causes stun, deals less damage), Mongolian whistling arrows (which could work something like the fearsome perk) and the classic fire arrows (which surprise! Sets things on fire).
This would not only add another element of strategy to how you want to outfit your ranged characters, it also has some root in real world history, as detailed in this Wikipedia article https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arrowhead#Variants
Of course there will be some players that try to take advantage of this, a stunning crossbow could be a incredibly powerful tool but to prevent it from being game breaking perhaps quivers could be smaller for them, something like 3 for the more powerful variations and 5 for the less powerful ones. you could stock up your crossbowman with 15 stunning bolts, which would take up the same space as 50 normal bolts on the paper doll and it would drain your over map ammunition supply a lot faster, therefor working as a deterrent to using too many quivers of specialized ammunition.
I’m loving the game thus far and I can’t wait for the end of February update, keep up the great work!24. February 2016 at 16:28 #12310
We need to get ability to merge quivers of arrows. Because i had one quiver of arrows with only 1 arrow, also i had another quiver of arrows with 7 arrows. So I would like to have ability merge them both into one quiver of arrows.
All life's problems can be solved with a bayonet charge.5. March 2016 at 10:17 #13003MenWhoStrokeGuitarsParticipant
Hi there, really love the game so far. One very minor thing that I’ve noticed (and take into account that I’ve only had 1 play through so far) is that there are no rivers on the over map. It’s not a massive thing but I think it would add a lot to the aesthetic of the map, although I think it’s already pretty great anyway. Just a minor thing, sorry if you’re gonna add them or they’ve already been suggested.
Thanks!5. March 2016 at 11:44 #13022InzaneclownParticipant
With the addition of barbers and the option to customize your mercenaries, I thought it would be a fun idea to be able to personalize your shields. The shield is the most important piece of equipment early-game, and maybe this would be a cool addition at the barbers too.
A band of 12 mercenaries with matching shields with the bands coat of arms on it, is in my head a fun addition for us who wants to customize our mercenaries a bit more.5. March 2016 at 16:42 #13033Marsh The MuddyParticipant
Yes! Shield customization would be awesome… Along with armor (Like all the footmen have)8. March 2016 at 09:44 #131398Sasa8Participant
HI, maybe someone already post it but I think with the camp in mind what about a support staff for the company? Like adding extra members as non-combatant and a cart to move your loot and supply. Non-combatant can add bonuses to the band like faster healing lesser food consumption or longer spoiling time. These brothers or sisters than can be added as an active member if there are space opening up because of casualty.
:D10. March 2016 at 01:19 #13239mogrim90Participant
A good game that can be great!
Here are some proposals:
1. Options > Controls > key mapping.
Why ‘p’ is always a pause ???
+ Hotkeys for switching items from belt.
2. Options > Gameplay > Difficulty (for example, change it from easy to normal after starting a game).
3. New campaign > customized map generation (like in “Don’t starve”). For example, number of cities, amount of water/forest/swamp tiles, number of hordes\bandits, etc.
4. 100% we need a leader of party. With own stats, perks and other stuff (like in “Mount & Blade”).
The most needed perks are:
– renown (ability to influence on NPC)
– leadership (party size. Saw an NPC with 15 party size. Why don’t we can have more?)
– surgery (abilitiy to resurrect fallen brothers after a battle / heal speed)
– trade (prices…)
– packery (stash size)
– craft skill (from items to fortressess)
– survivalist (food consumption, map moving speed)
5. Units training in cities or by party leader. The generated stats of units are so random that starting the game and then in midgame wiping all of your “good old friends” with lvl 7-8 for a newbies (lvl 2-3) with much greater stats is a casual deal.
6. Craft system. Of any kind.
7. Horses. Very strange to see warg riders and no horses.
8. Magicans / healers or at least bards for balancing the necromancers.
9. Ability to atack cities / caravans / ships (piracy).
10. Leg armor. Traders of bows/arbalets. Dyes for armor.
11. Custom buildings at the map that needed to be explored. For example, cave that might have a treasure or 10 vampires:) (exporing could be a skill too).
12. Ability to have an own city/village and build it by your own plan:).
13. Resources gathering – mining in mountains, fishing, food gathering, etc
14. Multiple active quests (1 per faction). Hate the patrol quests, they are just terrible.
15. Monster cities in hidden locations (for example, a very strong fortress of orcs…)
16. NPC’s that support/join you only during the quest.
17. Some kind of “main quest” with cutscenes.
18. Battle sisters :). Yeap, why are there only men in party ?:)
19. Own perks / abilities for unit classes: warrior, rogue, ranger, bard/magican.
20. Correct items filter. For example, pushing “filter by type” it just hides the rest but items still stay on their spots, so I have empty page that neeeded to be scrolled O_o.
21. Action points skills/perks for battle brothers. Two-handed weapons are useless because of 6 AP cost.12. March 2016 at 18:08 #13397ShakessParticipant
i would much appreciate a economic based feature where you can build up your own settlement or conquer one. Then develope it gather materials to build different houses like barracks, different farms like wheat and apple or dairy farms, a granarry, curch etc. garnison and prepare it for invaders, . The ability to train armys which you can give advises but fight a part. Finally create your own fraction, trade with allies or wipe out the orc brood and expand your influence across the country. intrigues if you get to powerfull. Become King of an empire.
Siege and Invasion with siege weapons.
im looking forward to this game
Thanks for reading
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.