Topic: No challenge?

• Author
    Participant

GOD: I just meant that the current level cap is perfect. I have yet to get to level 11 because the xp gets steep after 10.

Participant

Overpowering enemies to reach your overpowerness is like making Ichigo Kurosaki reach yet another level of power in Bleach: after some time it got utterly ridiculous and didn’t really address the balance of power, because if you run into such overpowered enemies before you’re overpowered yourself you’re pretty much dead. I think enemies are in right spot. It’s the battle brothers who aren’t.

I think that at least reduction of experience gained is bound to happen. Why? Because you either make enemies stronger or you make your men gather experience slower. Slower experience gain means it will take them longer to level up, meaning they are more likely to die in combat, meaning you won’t level them up as easily, turning them into killing machines. This could be regulated by difficulty level (so far it only affects your starting resources and prices, if I am not mistaken).

Participant

There should definitely be tougher encounters with more enemies that you can jump into. I think the leveling and pacing is fine though.

Participant

the end game i would like to see some sort of land and army generation set patrols build outposts

you could control multiple groups and lord over the kingdom of men and of course take over the world

at this point with these mechanics multiplayer with your buddies would become awesome

sorry in dream land with this one

Participant

This time it didn’t crash. Two “Strong” orc raiders parties terrorizing a village at once. My dirty dozen of lvl 8-9 guys and 10 relatively lame militias. Is that fair?

By the end all but one militias were dead as well as three of my finest battle brothers, two of them lvl 9 founding fathers who held back the enemy onslaught by the cart wheel, surrounded, once the militia was cut down. But the village was saved. To borrow the quote from Seven Samurai: “So. Again we are defeated. The farmers have won. Not us.”

But it was definitely a challenge. And a hard one too…

Participant

On what difficulty you play? Does it even matter?

Participant

On what difficulty you play? Does it even matter?

Difficulty only influences money, not AI skill and enemy toughness.
    I play on normal.

Participant

Ye lately was hunting bandits just to change up a bit after orcs, and tbh I still want to meet more werevolves and ghosts. Never met those ghosts. But at least found one necromancer. And this time around did look out for enemy skill use. They realy do use skill. Rotation for example. Not always at the best way but mostly they do try to save their ppl. Liked the raider combat tactic aswell. Quite different from orcs and zombies. They do seem to be tactical. Not rushing, holding battle row formation, protecting archers. Very nice! Liked the ghoul specific skill aswell the one when they eat bodies. That makes them regain health and get bonuses, grow. The orc warriors push away and closing in ability is a beast aswell, sometimes it sure seems they are pushing throught to the archers behind. Also noticed that the leader enemies all have a name, nice touch. Unfortunately the necromancer I met did not use any skills, just one stab, not that he could do anything else… Still would have loved him to do some nasty things instead jumping into melee.
    Again, never met ghosts, even while i’m ghosthunting around the map. For the whole game met only one werewolf group, where are the others no idea. Only two skeletal places, one far west one far north. Seems to me the map generator or the enemy spawner script needs to be a bit worked on so the players have not only orcs and bandits abiable, and perhaps make mobile undead armies, saw only one undead band whole game and i’m around 100+ days.

Btw. At least, for the very firs time in the whole playthrough I managed to save a caravan. But, the brothers still start faaar away, it was a fluke that the caravan had few hps left when I jumped the attacker. I do belive this part has to be rebalanced aswell. At least make the caravan hands wear better equip so they don’t get one shot. Usually at any time I try to save a caravan all I find is a bunch of attackers and only dead bodies.

Keymaster

Nice screenshot Trig, I’d love to see a video of that Orc fight ;)
    Regarding difficulty: It only affects the available ressources and equipment, not the enemy strength.

Caravans: We tweaked it so that combat on the worldmap takes longer for other parties and you have a better chance to intervent. This may still need more work though.

Sky, I suppose you’ve met a very stupid necromancer then ;) Normaly they love to raise the dead (including dead brothers ;))

Overhype Studios - Let´s roll!

Facebook Youtube
    Twitter

Participant

Question: can dead raise on their own? I’ve seen this a couple of times and I didn’t notice necromancer around.

Participant

Zombies tend to keep commin til you cut off their heads. Like their real world counterparts…. politicians…

"I am a Paladin!"
    >OMG, Malthus, there are no damn paladins in Battle Brothers...<
    "OK, OK! Then I´m a wrecked down minstrel drunkard pretending to be a paladin, singing so wrong in the midst of battle that even the undead run in fear... Better?!"

Participant

Sky, I suppose you’ve met a very stupid necromancer then 😉 Normaly they love to raise the dead (including dead brothers ;))

Yes, saw that in the scenarios. But this time it was a forest battle and either he had no line of sight of dead bodies or my sellsword was too close.

Participant

Nice pic Trig, Do different parties nearby join in on battles like Mount and Blade? I haven’t noticed that in my game. Also the Necromancer does revive skeletons nearby. I met only one necromancer, had 20 skeletons and I had 12 brothers. They had the high ground and kept reviving but eventually I killed them all and chased down what looked like a wiederganger in a black hood. I didn’t catch the effect but I’m pretty certain he raised a skeleton nearby as he tried to run. Also what’s up with the ghouls? If they’re undead why do they have morale?

Participant

Overpowering enemies to reach your overpowerness is like making Ichigo Kurosaki reach yet another level of power in Bleach: after some time it got utterly ridiculous and didn’t really address the balance of power, because if you run into such overpowered enemies before you’re overpowered yourself you’re pretty much dead. I think enemies are in right spot. It’s the battle brothers who aren’t.
    I think that at least reduction of experience gained is bound to happen. Why? Because you either make enemies stronger or you make your men gather experience slower. Slower experience gain means it will take them longer to level up, meaning they are more likely to die in combat, meaning you won’t level them up as easily, turning them into killing machines. This could be regulated by difficulty level (so far it only affects your starting resources and prices, if I am not mistaken).

Perhaps I worded that wrong, but I don’t mean powering up the late game opponents. I’m talking about adding the option for them to move side-ways, not moving them upwards. That is to say, making them more diverse so as to prevent the player from knowing what to expect when they are high level and fully equipped. So not perks on top of how they are now, but next to it -different versions of the same thing. Slowing down the levelling rate wouldn’t change that by the late game you should have high level bros wearing the best possible gear. More diversity should make being ready for everything more difficulty. I expect this to become less of an issue as more factions get introduced, but it is still something that I feel is worth to keep in mind.

Nice pic Trig, Do different parties nearby join in on battles like Mount and Blade? I haven’t noticed that in my game. Also the Necromancer does revive skeletons nearby. I met only one necromancer, had 20 skeletons and I had 12 brothers. They had the high ground and kept reviving but eventually I killed them all and chased down what looked like a wiederganger in a black hood. I didn’t catch the effect but I’m pretty certain he raised a skeleton nearby as he tried to run. Also what’s up with the ghouls? If they’re undead why do they have morale?

They’re Undead who are not dead, hence the morale.

Participant

Ok I have no clue what you folks are doing and how you are bypassing the game mechanics because after playing this pathetic game now for the last 6 hours, I have yet to:

1. Pass more than 1 combat where I have had no death
    2. Any fight involving werewolves – surviving
    3. Getting past 3 characters who are worthwhile without going broke in order to get them any sort of damned decent armour/weapons
    4. Survive past 30 minutes gameplay unless I do absolutely nothing
    5. Survive anything past WEAK
    6. Survive any night encounter

Are you folks constantly restarting your games in order to ensure you have the best character combo? Restarting every fight to change its makeup? What are you guys doing that makes this a boring easy game?

I cannot play this game at all and its mainly a frustratingly idiotic game to me….every frigging time I win a fight I am guaranteed to die the next one – guaranteed – I have not survived a single two fights yet. I dare not do caravan fights…caravan guards die normally in 2 hits from the npcs and then I am left alone…3-4 of my guys normally against anywhere from 4-7 of theirs.

Werewolves…I am usually fighting with my 3-4 guys against 5-8 of them…and I normally get decapitated after first round or two….if I even make it that far. 3 attacks per werewolf….insane….especially when they can 1 shot you to death with those 3 swipes.

All I have gone against so far are orcs, bandits and werewolves….the only time I get to win is if its bandits and there are only 4-5 of them against 4-5 of me and I managed to not get them all onto battlefield at once….otherwise, they always managed to crit me or the archers are ace archers who rarely miss while my archer is a worthless piece of crap who could not hit the broad side of a barn at 2 feet away from it and would kill my own troop doing it.

I am just curious because so far just playing this game straight out normally I cannot find a way to win and only die after a few minutes into it…and this is at the supposed easy setting – which is a lie…its not easy its not anything setting – other than it should be called the +1000 more crowns for an extra 5 seconds of life setting. I know there is something folks are doing because you cannot win just picking up people from town and arming them…even trying to only pick up soldier types only does not work as they tend to have either bad stats or bad vices….and the defenses of most are pathetic…0,1,2,3 at most…if lucky get a 4-5 in armor defense while 0 in archer defense. Level up….woopie…get +1-2 on those if you choose them….or 1-3 hp….worthless when the npc just cleaves you in half.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 47 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.