Topic: Paul´s Art Corner

• Author
    Participant

I hope you’re not disappointed, but this is the upgrade I am referring to.

It’s cool :D

Will more faces/heads be making into the patch/dlc?

Also, will enemies(brigands, mercenaries, etc) carry or use the attachments?

Participant

Will unique (named) armours get buffed? I fear upgraded regular armours will outperform them otherwise. Or will unique armours be upgradeable as well?

Participant

Any chance you might add skull cap, cervelliere or some other lightweight cheap helmet? I feel it is the only thing missing in the helmet transition(you go from padded/leather to nasal helmet).

If light armored builds will really be viable in the new update such a helmet would go well with it :D. Think of the Almogavars!

Almogavars

almogavar

Keymaster

Will more faces/heads be making into the patch/dlc?

It would be nice to have, but I doubt it :(

Also, will enemies(brigands, mercenaries, etc) carry or use the attachments?

They don’t use them, but they can drop them as loot.

Will unique (named) armours get buffed? I fear upgraded regular armours will outperform them otherwise. Or will unique armours be upgradeable as well?

Of course unique armors will be upgradable just like all other armors :)

Any chance you might add skull cap, cervelliere or some other lightweight cheap helmet?

No promises yet, but we are discussing it literally right now.

Cheers!

Overhype Studios - Let´s roll!

Facebook Youtube
    Twitter

Keymaster

Soo, here is the new mermaid banner:

Mermaid2

Facebook Youtube
    Twitter

Participant

Oh Little Mermaid, what happened to you? =)

I wonder how Metal Joint Covers will look on Heraldic Mail Hauberk. Looks like this armor already have such attachments by default.

Participant

skullcap helmet idea is excellent Foz, carries out an important gameplay mechanic of gear scaling while fitting the theme. Well done.

"A plethora of peasents"

Participant

It could be both a solid helmet alternative for nimble frontliners and an entry level helmet for others. Less protective than nasal helmets with coifs but much lighter(less fatiguing).

Right now planning equipment for a dodge/nimble build is a pain specially because of shields and helmets. Shields I understand(they are fatiguing to use indeed), but there should be a hard helmet alternative that doesn’t come with a -5 to -7 fatigue penalty. I don’t mention body armor because Paul already showed the high end light armor variations coming in the expansion. Also in theory having a viable light helmet is more important for a nimble build than armor(unless you waste a perk point on “steel brow”).

Participant

Hey Paul, stupid question and I’m pretty sure the asnwer will be negative, but here it goes:

Now that dog armor is an attachment, will you be able to use it on the wolves? I have no idea if the assets are compatible, I just remember how disappointing it was to roam mountains with my houndmaster and after finally getting the event, finding out that the wolf is actually less powerful than an armored dog.

If it requires too much fumbling with the assets or remaking them disregard the suggestion :P. Maybe keep it in mind for a future patch or dlc.

Keymaster

Now that dog armor is an attachment, will you be able to use it on the wolves?

Haha nice question. I didn’t plan for it, but as the graphic is just placed on top of the other it should be possible. I’ll double check that :)

Regarding the helmets we already have a pretty smooth progression because of the different paddings of the metal helmets and the variety of chain mail coifs.
    Nevertheless we decided to introduce two more light/mid tier helmets to support medium armor builds. Both of them have good fatigue ratios and are rather expensive. They can only be bought in shops and not be looted. (—disclaimer: these are not yet implemented as this post is written—-)

On the left we have the Barbute with 190 armor and -8 fatigue (may be subject to change). Even though the absolut armor value is not too high, the Armor to fatigue ratio is very good.
    On the right we have the Sallet with 120 armor and -5 fatigue (may be subject to change). As its big advantage the sallet will have no penalty to vision, hence can be worn by archers who can still shoot at max range.

Cheers!

Helmets

Facebook Youtube
    Twitter

Participant

Wow, nice helmets. That Barbute on the left actually looks more like a named helmet because of golden calking.
    Ant Sallet is too good not to use on any nimble archer. No more headache to find that Wolf Head helmet.

Participant

Hah! Barbute just screams for a famed/ alternative version with a more tightly closed face. In black and white mono colours. That generic D&D paladin/blackguard/warcraft footman/hoplite, etc.
    Dunno if that is good idea tbh :) Mayne for a meme/legendary/easter egg item.

Current famed sallet iirc has a vison penalty, so, if you want to introduce regular sallet, please don’t forget to adjust it accordingly and get a replacement for a -1 vision named helm.

Ah, well, guess, current version of kettle hats, that has a fully open face, wich obscure vison no more than a baseball hat, will remain as is.

As well as a lack of really light famed caps, demanded by current nimble. I wish we could get a fancy duelist’s hat.

Participant

Wooow! Idea with helment is fantastic!I think you may added this helment. Because: 1.he realy popular like a viking theme 2. it is more similar to the Germany of the early middle ages, which is the basis of the game.3 more suitable for filling progression than barbute or salad. there is almost the same unique helmet, but it is extremely difficult to find and use for the entire squad. in the second photo, a unique variant( very pleasing to the eye).thank you for attention!

Participant

An extremely nice addition would be the opportunity to do tattoos on the face of both cultists and savages in the Barber shop!

Participant

I’m still thinking about helmets…maybe an closed . Many helments with 100-120 armory already in the game. Or helment like a photo. Heavy helment which would have filled the place in the progression before fullhelmen with “Armor to fatigue ratio is very good.”

Viewing 15 posts - 1,486 through 1,500 (of 1,776 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.