Topic: Paul´s Art Corner

• Author
    Participant

The idea of different weapons – to be different :)

Well muskets could pierce through a guy and hit another one behind him and can shoot straight, means that he can´t overshoot to target behind the first one whos blocking line of sight.

One round reload and one round for shooting.

I even had idea of strings, where it would be much worse weapon, but you could shoot for 2 or 3 rounds with a chance to stun target, while you will consume no ammo, since its ammo is stone.

Participant

May be, or guns can be “ranged hammers” and deal a lot damage to armor.

Participant

We explained on several occasions how horses would break the basic way the tactical combat works.

Ever get tired of asking that one? ?

Speaking of map related questions, is there a reason Beasts don’t have ‘encampments?’ Wolf and Spider dens, Unhold Caves, Schrat Groves? Etc? Feels wierd that Nachzehrers are the only Beasts that can be found at a location.

Participant

Why there is no pure white helmet paint? There is a white banner with black crow, so it would fit nicely. Or was it that I never encountered it?

Participant

Hello Paul,

will there be new banners with the coming origins? Something like that below for the hedgeknight? Sorry for butchering your excellent work. :D

Keymaster

Speaking of map related questions, is there a reason Beasts don’t have ‘encampments?’

The idea was to evoke a spirit of “hunting” them rather than attacking fixed locations. The Nachzehrers are an exception because they existed previous to most of the other beasts and basically were part of the undead faction.

Why there is no pure white helmet paint?

I can’t paint everything :) It takes a lot of work to create all helmet assets in a certain color variety.

will there be new banners with the coming origins?

Yes, there will be new banners, but not one banner for each origin. Each banner I implement comes with the according shield motifs, so it’s quite a bit of work.
    Maybe you will see some of these in the next blog post :)

Cheers!

Overhype Studios - Let´s roll!

Facebook Youtube
    Twitter

Participant

Yes, there will be new banners, but not one banner for each origin. Each banner I implement comes with the according shield motifs, so it’s quite a bit of work.
    Maybe you will see some of these in the next blog post :)

Cheers!

Great news! Maybe you could use the same motives with different attachment variations. The dragon banner with the bones above for example. I love the figure, but the decoration looks a bit too orcish for my taste. Another variation would be nice there. And you dont have to change the hole shield-items for that.

Participant

Kolovrat

Is it possible to do Kolovrat on banner so I can make Slavic shield colouring? Well when you introduced new helmets, I fall in love with my heritage :D

Participant

I love the shield, banner and helmet. I can’t wait for the extension!

Participant

It’s a bit past this topic, but I was thinking, on the issue of the castle house crest, would it be possible to maybe have an option to let the players choose what banners the houses will have in their game? That way those who want it random can have it random, and those who want to choose can choose, and if we’re fine with the mild color confusion it won’t matter. That also makes it so that people who want the chance to get specific banners in a game can get there three favorites without having to load new games again and again. I wouldn’t mind a color swap to Red and white but… I really do love the red and blue.

Participant

Hey guys, finally managed to register here. It was worth it, just to get this comment out after reading through this thread over the past two days.

Huge, huge kudos to Paul for his passion and his patience (and his skill, what?) and my strong feeling that this game is being created by people who truly know what they want to do and what they can do, wa only reinforced after reading all of Paul’s insights and responses.

For the most part you were all pretty good at restraining yourselves and being nice to Paul, but it’s hard not to get greedy when the food on the table is irresistible.

Also, I want to say, Coffee: those were some nice little sketchups you did of the basic peasant weaponry.

Participant

Hi Paul, Just dropping by to say awesome job on those Armours shown in this weeks blog, I imagine you are rather pleased with them haha! Is one a Famed noble armour?

Participant

With the additional work happening on named items, I wonder: Are there any plans to add unique goblin weapons? Goblins are in a bit of weird spot in that they really only have “mid-game” tiers – there aren’t light & heavy armor variants like with orcs, and their tactics are more about perks and weapon diversity than raw stats. . .but at the same time I feel like I rarely have cause to use goblin weapons (other than the overseer crossbow), which is a shame. It would be interesting to try to make a build out of the dagger/sword or a super light archer build, but I feel like the lack of named variants holds that idea back.

It feels like it occupies a weird spot in the balance for when enemies would use them, so I don’t know if it’s something I _actually_ want, or something I just _think_ I do. Curious on your thoughts, Paul.

Participant

(other than the overseer crossbow),

Hmm, if ever a weapon was crying out for a famed version its this one!

Participant

Gorgeous work on those armors & plate helmets!

But, a plated bear helmet, maybe? :)

Beating up a southern Swan/dragon helmeted knight with a bear helmeted warrior seems ..right

Viewing 15 posts - 1,576 through 1,590 (of 1,776 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.