Topic: Paul´s Art Corner

• Author
    Participant

Hey Paul are you still taking ideas for the new legendary items? Maybe a legendary armor? :D

Keymaster

For me one of the best games last 15 years

Thanks a lot for the support man!
    All of this would of course not be possible without you guys!

Hey Paul are you still taking ideas for the new legendary items? Maybe a legendary armor? :D

I created two sets of legendary armor (not named items, but proper legendary). Two helmets and two body armors.
    The’ll be implemented some time before the full release.
    I would love to make more legendaries, but the time does not suffice :(

Overhype Studios - Let´s roll!

Facebook Youtube
    Twitter

Participant

With all this potential left work simply has to go on for this project :)

"I am a Paladin!"
    >OMG, Malthus, there are no damn paladins in Battle Brothers...<
    "OK, OK! Then I´m a wrecked down minstrel drunkard pretending to be a paladin, singing so wrong in the midst of battle that even the undead run in fear... Better?!"

Keymaster

I have been playing too much BB instead of painting Event pics :)

Here are two more, that takes the count to 96 illustrations.

heads

Facebook Youtube
    Twitter

Participant

I have been playing too much BB instead of painting Event pics :)

Here are two more, that takes the count to 96 illustrations.

heads

That first one is rather incredibly unique :)

Participant

Hi Paul. I have been playing the game for a while, and I really enjoy the artwork and art style. I was curious what program and or device you use to create your art. Thanks in advance, and keep up the good work.

Keymaster

Hi Paul. I have been playing the game for a while, and I really enjoy the artwork and art style. I was curious what program and or device you use to create your art. Thanks in advance, and keep up the good work.

Hey Walker, I’m glad you’re enjoying the art style.
    I am working in Photoshop using a Cintiq 22HDTCintiq 22HDT. It’s pretty cool, but in no way mandatory if you want to get started in digital painting. There are a lot of cheaper tablets available. I can recommend any tablets made by wacom.

Cheers!

Facebook Youtube
    Twitter

Participant

Hi..
    sometimes i get some Items … i think they are too big. Like this f****** huge Hammer.. explicit the haft . compared with the Spear- and the Standard- grip. and all the other weapons!
    It is intended ?

Attachments:
    Participant

Hi Paul..

any chance you show us the new legendary stuff ? :P

and another question… XD

this Picture shows a -white- and a -white/blue- Mail Hauberk. Are they ingame? noble armors? never have seen them …

Keymaster

Hey Harry,
    the Hammer is in fact pretty big, but on th other hand…its a massive kick-ass weapon :)
    In general the look of the weapons changed quite a lot as I painted them over the course of 4 years. I think the spears, swords and axes are some of the oldest assets in the game alongside the nornmal round shields.
    So its always possible that some weapons look a little different than others.

any chance you show us the new legendary stuff ? :P

One Set has been found very quickly, as we just added the black monolith to existing savegames and people who already played 300+ days managed to beat it within one hour I think….
    So here is the Emperors Armor:
    Emperor

The other three items have not been found ingame yet as far as I know, so I wont show them yet :)

this Picture shows a -white- and a -white/blue- Mail Hauberk. Are they ingame? noble armors? never have seen them …

Yes, its ingame as a named armor:
    named

Cheers!

Facebook Youtube
    Twitter

Keymaster

Haha I just painted icons for three backgrounds that I didnt even know we have in the game :)

From left to right Assasin, Crusader and Orcslayer. You cannot hire these like other backgrounds though.

backgrounds

Facebook Youtube
    Twitter

Participant

I guess they are related to specific events and you can’t keep them after beating one, right? ;<

Participant

Before I didn’t appreciate all the details watching items in in-game res, but damn… That emperor armour is positively gorgeous, as is the second one.

I gotta say that the generally down-to-earth tone of most equipment i8n BB really brings out the uniqueness of the top-quality stuff, unlike in some other games that try to wow you ;] with battle-bling on every other piece of junk you find.

Great job as always!

P.S. Is there any chance of us getting back some various-color paint on metal armors, or at least the helmets? I mean the regular stuff, not noble versions. I’ve got a slight OCD regarding colours and would really like to have my bros in an uniform color theme fitting my battle standard. Pwetty please? ;]

Participant

Is that the only legendary set currently in the game?

Participant

Haha I just painted icons for three backgrounds that I didnt even know we have in the game :)

From left to right Assasin, Crusader and Orcslayer. You cannot hire these like other backgrounds though.

backgrounds

Splendid! There is a post by a player who discovered the Crusader event in-game. I like the new icons and think these backgrounds are a nice extra touch. :)

If only there was a way to keep the crusader, will have to investigate…

Viewing 15 posts - 1,291 through 1,305 (of 1,776 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.