Topic: Paul´s Art Corner

• Author
    Participant

That looks like Zoltan Chivay’s armor from the witcher

IIRC he only wears a padded coat? This one looks like something over chainmail, its a much more serious armor.

Participant

Look at pictures of him in the second and first games. A lot more similar than in 3

Participant

Just a thanks for all the assets here. You make very athmospherics and coherents ones!

Keymaster

Hey guys, here’s another new armor. A light scalemail this time. Just like the first one, it will fill a gap in the normal armor progression.
    Cheers!

New Armor 2

Overhype Studios - Let´s roll!

Facebook Youtube
    Twitter

Participant

Looking great! I’m always happy to see more armor and weapon variety.
    In that regard, do you think it would be possible to have different color schemes for the clothing or padding layer underneath armors like this one?

Participant

Have you ever considered adding different additional properties to different armor types?

For example scale armor should weight more than chainmail, but could offer like damage reduction against arrows/bolts?

Similarly padded armor could offer slashing resistance or something? etc

Participant

I like this light scale mail – I think it would be good on a character on the flank throwing javelins !

"A plethora of peasents"

Keymaster

In that regard, do you think it would be possible to have different color schemes for the clothing or padding layer underneath armors like this one?

Hey robert, of course that would be possible. The problem is though that all color variations have to be implemented as individual items the workload can get out of control pretty quickly, especially when we have so many important things still on our to do list.

Have you ever considered adding different additional properties to different armor types?
    For example scale armor should weight more than chainmail, but could offer like damage reduction against arrows/bolts?
    Similarly padded armor could offer slashing resistance or something? etc

Hey Danubian,
    we had extensive discussions about this just a few weeks ago. In the end we decided to not make it a base game mechanic, but to implement it with the armor upgrades. There are certain upgrades reducing ranged or melee dmg etc. So youll be able to customize your armor.

Facebook Youtube
    Twitter

Participant

Paul, please check out my suggestion of the “Armoured Unhold” in suggestion forums, if you get a chance ! It’s basically in Orc Crisis the Greenskins have captured an Unhold and forced it to battle covered in salvaged armours. A bit like LOTR armoured cave trolls !

I think it would be a really cool challenge for an excellent artist like you :) Probably a big list of jobs already without adding more…

"A plethora of peasents"

Keymaster

Hey ForceEcho,
    sounds really like a lot of fun to paint, already getting some ideas in my head. But just as you mentioned, my schedule is really tight and I’m working hard to check off all the must haves for the DLC before starting on the nice to have stuff :)

Facebook Youtube
    Twitter

Participant

Hi Paul, Will Coat of plates still be highest tier armour in expansion?

Participant

Paul, Will there be plate armor or Gothic armor?

Keymaster

Hi Paul, Will Coat of plates still be highest tier armour in expansion?

Most likely, but other armors might catch up with it depending on what upgrades you choose to attach.
    Apart from that we will focus more on making mid tier armors more viable instead of raising the maximum armor points.

Paul, Will there be plate armor or Gothic armor?

No, thats just a visual boundary I am not ready to cross. I think it doesn’t really fit the setting, even though some weapons are exceptions to this rule.

Facebook Youtube
    Twitter

Participant

Hi, i was checking the Lore and Art book and i got a few questions:

1. Are we going to get new Lore and Art book for this new DLC? Because this looks like more like expansion not a simple DLC.

2. In the Lore and Art book i saw a gold mine…So, what happened with gold mine and why we dont have this in the game? :)

All life's problems can be solved with a bayonet charge.

Participant

Thank you Paul. I totally understand the nature of game design, time pressure/deadlines and a lot needs to be done !
    Maybe someday the Armoured Cave Unhold will see the light of day and trample an unfortunate mercenary company :)

"A plethora of peasents"

Viewing 15 posts - 1,411 through 1,425 (of 1,776 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.