spamtaboo's Replies

Forum Replies Created

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 33 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • in reply to: Combat feedback (angry and annoyed) #13470
    spamtaboo
    Participant

    To turn luck to your advantage and manage the risks is as good of a skill as any.
    And I agree with Rusbear it is time to stop the conversation.
    The bottom line is – I like the idea of random, if you tweak it – it is no longer a random. One of the key of success of heroes 3 was complete random, placing a player in sometimes impossible or hard conditions. But when you overcome the challenge you get a huge amount of satisfaction. And I like current mechanics as is, because when there is 17% chance to hit, it does not mean that it is impossible to hit, it only means exactly what is written, and according to the theory of probability, there is a chance that 5% chance to hit will proc 2 times in a row, and 95% chance to hit will miss two times in a row, you just have to live with that. This mechanic gave life to huge amount of great games like JA2, UFO, Age of Wonders etc. This is a core mechanics of BB and I do not think one should mess with it. This is my personal opinion however. Of course it is up to developers to see if they need to do something with it :)

    in reply to: Combat feedback (angry and annoyed) #13466
    spamtaboo
    Participant

    I happen to be one of them :) But the very first xcom, not the modern one, and Master of Magic, and the Jagged Alliance 2. And I, personally, find a lot of similarities between JA 2 and this game. All of the above mentioned games had random in their mechanics and were quite successful franchises and it is not only my opinion :) And calling fans of a very successful franchise “perverts” and afterwards claiming that you represent a “group” of people may be an indication of how small actually this “group” is :)

    in reply to: Combat feedback (angry and annoyed) #13456
    spamtaboo
    Participant

    It would be a shame :) will not even try to argue about that, and that is what makes this game so special. You just always need to have a fallback plan.

    And remember it works both ways, sometimes you can hit a guy hidden by shield wall with mere 5% of chance to hit right in the kisser :) No way on Earth could you have planned it, but the opportunity is yours to grab and you need to adjust the strategy and be very flexible about it. That adds a tonn to replayability :)

    in reply to: Combat feedback (angry and annoyed) #13450
    spamtaboo
    Participant

    +1 to idea with formations. It does look tempting.

    And I would disagree with Rusbear who says that the game is luck based. All you need is a well developed risk management strategy, and luck % is way less involved compared to real life. I do hope that developers are not going to eliminate the chance of random lucky hit with 5% chance to hit. I personally would not appreciate that, because “the strong influence of random” makes it so much more fun as so much more replayable. I personally would not like to see chess with 12 battle brothers.

    in reply to: Friendly heads also counts during patrol missions #13394
    spamtaboo
    Participant

    Good point :)

    in reply to: Friendly heads also counts during patrol missions #13370
    spamtaboo
    Participant
    in reply to: Feedback v. 6.0.14 – Orc contracts #13365
    spamtaboo
    Participant

    Whats the point in game spawning contracts that are impossible to complete?

    Not sure about you, but I get those quite often. What’s the point of being able to beat any available contract and spawn only contract you can beat? The point is – you need to be very selective with missions before you get strong enough.

    in reply to: Feedback v. 6.0.14 – Orc contracts #13351
    spamtaboo
    Participant

    I would be against that. If you cannot fight orcs go to other location and hunt down some bandits, or ghouls or direwolves up until the point you feel comfortable facing orcs. Orcs, goblins and fallen heroes are late game challenges. If you have a company of avg lvl 4, just don’t fight them, simple as that…

    in reply to: Old glitch with tutorial not starting right away #13324
    spamtaboo
    Participant

    Yes, it’s on our list. That is great! Thank you so much.
    Yes, the main problem is that these targets may be in the fog of war.

    In that case, unfortunately, they are not visible. And like in those 2 cases I provided information about patrol mission is not clear at all. Information about the location of Necromancers Den, maybe it was provided in the main body of the quest, that was the case where I returned after work and just could not remember where to look for it, so I had to just drop the quest.

    in reply to: Old glitch with tutorial not starting right away #13312
    spamtaboo
    Participant

    Hello Jaysen,

    I did not mean to sound harsh, I apologize. And I did not know that guys who run forum are also developers. You do deserve a lot of credit for the great game you did, and for the hard work you keep doing, kudos to you.

    My main question is if you are going to make the quest tooltip (the area with your active quest) interactive (so one can click on it) so it would focus on the location of the quest if it is not restricted by rules of the quest. At all (I mean ever), is there such feature in your plans.

    Sometimes I spend frustrating amount of time scrolling through the map to find some location and sometimes I have to even drop quests just because I cannot find some place (like 2nd point of the patrol mission, or necromancers den in the chain of quests.) Not to mention the fact that at times I can miss a day or two and then get back to the game, so I cannot remember all the map. As many guys do here, I play on self imposed iron man mode on deadly difficulty, so it means I restart a lot to try different tactics and of course lack of such simple functionality gets under my skin a bit.

    in reply to: Old glitch with tutorial not starting right away #13227
    spamtaboo
    Participant

    I get a bit upset with the response time on bugs. I understand that no one cares much about the suggestions I make, but this is quite irritating when bug gets no attention whatsoever from development team, and icing on the cake is that there is no information about the next milestone. You guys did a way better job keeping the community informed and interested in the past :(

    in reply to: Old glitch with tutorial not starting right away #13177
    spamtaboo
    Participant

    UPLOAD ERRORS:
    log.html: Sorry, this file type is not permitted for security reasons.
    Uploading an archive

    And please please please, make the quest box clickable as soon as possible or at least confirm that you have this in your plans. Right now it is downright frustrating to look for a town without any hints.

    Attachments:
    in reply to: Make combat go on while alt-tabbed #13046
    spamtaboo
    Participant

    I want to clarify 1 thing here. I am not saying that the game is not fun, or that late game fights are not intense. It’s just sometimes you need to take down a huge amount of opponents that are clearly not a match for your team, and they make it up with numbers, which is completely fine by me. All I am asking is a way to skip these animations (I am saying about werewolves, undead (both zombies and skelies with necrodancers) and ghouls in the first place).

    in reply to: A little frustrated #13039
    spamtaboo
    Participant

    I would say that plain non-randomness is also not an option. It is way too boring :) But when your swordmaster gets 3 times in a row +1 to melee skill it is kind on sad :). There should be differences between chars, at least in caps if not in stat gain.

    in reply to: stat increases #13038
    spamtaboo
    Participant

    My personal experience is different I see +3 on melee and ranged skill often and +4 on stamina and bravery. Though I do get +1 from time to time (had 3 +1s to melee skill in a row on a swordmaster for example. It is not a bug really, just a design decision, which I can live with, though I would personally prefer a bit more distinction in stats between a peasant and a swordmaster, who should be a legendary fighter.)

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 33 total)