Topic: Paul´s Art Corner

• Author
    Participant

These ships wrecks reminds samehow Heroes 3 or Heroes2. :)

All life's problems can be solved with a bayonet charge.

Participant

Is so pretty o.o

RL

Keymaster

You’ve done some marvelous work, Psen. Thanks!

Thanks man!

is that ships Wrecks are or will be later interactive?

I would whish so, but most probably not :(

Like the style!

Thanks! I am really eager to show off with some real artwork instead of all the small ingame assets.

would be possible to paint them white and make them seagulls

Cute idea :) I will put it on my nice to have list.

Overhype Studios - Let´s roll!

Facebook Youtube
    Twitter

Keymaster

These ships wrecks reminds samehow Heroes 3 or Heroes2. :)

yeah :) Heroes 2: Best game ever (maybe except UFO: Enemy unknown)

Cheers!

Facebook Youtube
    Twitter

Participant

Polishing! You should have volunteer community slaves helping you :D

Participant

Damn, things are just looking better and better! Great work.

Don’t know if this is the right place to ask this but will there be “held” banners for the Battle Brothers and will there be other mercenaries about in the world of BB?

Keymaster

will there be “held” banners for the Battle Brothers

Most probably not. The Bannerguys are special units for the noble houses just like the berserkers are special units for the Orcs.

will there be other mercenaries about in the world of BB?

Yes. You may encounter them during contracts or maybe someone hires them to kill you when you double-crossed your employer :)

Facebook Youtube
    Twitter

Inactive

will there be “held” banners for the Battle Brothers

Most probably not. The Bannerguys are special units for the noble houses just like the berserkers are special units for the Orcs.

will there be other mercenaries about in the world of BB?

Yes. You may encounter them during contracts or maybe someone hires them to kill you when you double-crossed your employer :)

You mean, in this next update there will be other mercenary bands??

Keymaster

You mean, in this next update there will be other mercenary bands??

Yes :)
    For the upcoming update they will only appear in the context of events and contracts where they take a special role (you have to fight them, they chase you, you talk them etc). Our plan for the final release is to have them acting more independently, but we will see how far we get with this, as there are lots of other things to take care of.

Cheers!

Facebook Youtube
    Twitter

Participant

Great news with the other mercs! Nothing like some city-state style merc on merc action. Why risk your own hide when you can fight by proxy. ;)

Participant

would be possible to paint them white and make them seagulls

Cute idea :) I will put it on my nice to have list.
    [/quote]
    Something quite similar, that came to my mind, is a bevy of crows being startled up from a forest tile once in a while, when a party comes to close, to vanish on another forest tile in the distance.

(some feedback:)
    As for the tavern ( http://battlebrothersgame.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/02/tavern_folks.jpg ), since it is accessable day and night, I thought there could be different folk in front of it at night. Maybe something like: guys doing shady business(a hooded figure hands another hooded figure a pouch of coin), a drunk guy peeing against one of the barrels/the wall, a guy throwing up, a passed-out guy lying on the floor or leans sitting against the wall, a beggar sitting next to the door begging for a donation(with someone trying to drive him away), two guys brawling, a guy and a woman departing with on arm around each other, a broke guy being kicked out, two people kissing, a woman sitting on the lap of a man, two people sway to and fro with their mugs raised bawling out a drinking song.

And maybe the mercs/daytalers for hire could sometimes hang out at a fountain, or a statue lest they do not appear to be so out of place or right in the way of people that have business to do. Additonally there sometimes could be a (fat) merchant(someone that clearly is not part of the guys, that want to be hired) talking to some of them, negotiating conditions or guards telling them to move elsewhere.

Participant

PS: Seems I messed up the quote -.-

edited:

And maybe the mercs/daytalers for hire could sometimes hang out at a fountain or a statue or at/under a tree lest they do not appear to be so out of place or right in the way of people that have business to do. Additonally there sometimes could be a (fat) merchant(someone that clearly is not part of the guys, that want to be hired) talking to some of them, negotiating conditions or guards telling them to move elsewhere.

And another thing: Will further things like the guy with his horse(seen here: http://battlebrothersgame.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/11/tundra3.jpg ) be added to the town screens to make them more lively?

Keymaster

Hey Love Gun,
    I think those are all nice ideas to make a more varied crowd and further enhance the atmosphere. But honestly its just eye candy at the end of the day. I can only deliver what is really neccessary and then move on to the next topic. So the small variety of people have to suffice for now :)

Regarding the merchant with the donkey, he was part of the “specialized trader” building. It didnt end up in the game because we decided to not focus that much on trading. Maybe we will implement it in a future iteration of the game.

Cheers!

Facebook Youtube
    Twitter

Participant

yeah :) Heroes 2: Best game ever (maybe except UFO: Enemy unknown)

UFO: Enemy Unknown – Still one I play often … and still dread meeting Chryssalids in a Terror Mission!

Back to the present:
    I think the new map is amazing! The transition to night w/ the town lights getting brighter and brighter is such a nice touch! Excellent job. I haven’t run into any bugs, yet. Though I do miss the “a mission in every house”. I got very lazy where money management is concerned. It’s all coming together – good work, all!

In a single player game, there's no such thing as cheating. It's merely "creative manipulation of the default settings"!

Participant

I see. Then maybe one day.

What are you working on at the moment? Can you give us a sneak peek? It has almost been a month since you posted some of your art – You have to do something about that. ^^

Viewing 15 posts - 601 through 615 (of 1,777 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.