Topic: Paul´s Art Corner

• Author
    Inactive

A fox, a basilisk, a dead goblin with it’s own spear struck in its face, a dolphin, there are many ideas for banners
    Also, something I was thinking while travelling the shore, we could have some marine life showing up somewhere in the sea, maybe whales, sharks or even some monsters, like krakens and the like

Participant

A question concerning the same enemies appearing at the opposite sides of the battle – since it’s possible now to encounter Orc clans fighting each other it’d be good to have some way of telling which ones belong to which clan, thus allowing players to make tactical decisions. Right now you have to observe if they attack each other to be able to tell the difference. Some small flag or emblems painted on the models could help greatly.

Keymaster

since it’s possible now to encounter Orc clans fighting each other it’d be good to have some way of telling which ones belong to which clan

Absolutely true. To be honest I already started working on recognizable features to tell the clans apart, but the topic got a little lost in the whole worldmap mayhem.
    I’ll try to get back to it!

Overhype Studios - Let´s roll!

Facebook Youtube
    Twitter

Participant

since it’s possible now to encounter Orc clans fighting each other it’d be good to have some way of telling which ones belong to which clan

Absolutely true. To be honest I already started working on recognizable features to tell the clans apart, but the topic got a little lost in the whole worldmap mayhem.
    I’ll try to get back to it!

Haha nice, i was thinking exactly the same thing when i once saw orcs fighting each-others.
    Btw, it was quite a weird bug. Before the battle, scouts informs me : 6 orc Young to fight. Then, i enter, and they were 13!. Enjoying to Kill each-others xD. Sadly, i had no idea which orc was on which side.^^

Participant

A fox, a basilisk, a dead goblin with it’s own spear struck in its face, a dolphin, there are many ideas for banners
    Also, something I was thinking while travelling the shore, we could have some marine life showing up somewhere in the sea, maybe whales, sharks or even some monsters, like krakens and the like

And a North American Skunk, Paul!! Please? ;)

BTW, I was delighted at the change from day to night with the town lights. Thanks for the page from the Morgan Bible. I can see the parallels, but your style is definitely your own. And I love it.

I’ve been so busy playing the updates, I haven’t had time to comment on the superb artistic accomplishments! Good Job all around!

In a single player game, there's no such thing as cheating. It's merely "creative manipulation of the default settings"!

Keymaster

Heres a little sneak peek at the new grass tiles for the combat Environments.

—-the is NOT ingame footage—– ist just a photoshop picture :)

Also not included: Environment objects like tombstones, ruins etc….

Grass Mock

Facebook Youtube
    Twitter

Participant

Looks great, going to make battles much more immersive.

The undead also looks great and is it a falx I see?

Keymaster

is it a falx I see?

Absolutely,
    we have an almost finished undead (=skeletons) rework in our back pocket, including visual style, lore, equipment and stats.

Facebook Youtube
    Twitter

Participant

Looks great !
    The Skeleton helmet looks like the Illyrian helmet from Rome 2 : Total war :D
    As Skeletons, they seem to be much more “worn” which is looking good. I like it.

Participant

Superb!
    Would it be possible to create some overlaying additions to trees and bushes to expand the diversity without the need to draw everything from scratch? For example tree holes, parasitic plants(misteltoe), ivy, carvings, cuts or even partly missing bark, old bird-nests, dens at the roots, mushrooms, fruits, berries or nuts.

What about making complete flower tiles?
    I think, fighting on flower meadows, that would have something.

Since it can rain on the battle maps, what about puddles?

Will the ancient skeleton models and their equipment completely replace the current ones? In my opinion it would be nice, to have both.

Participant

Oh, as you guys working on Combat Environment, can you make it possible so we have a toggle option to switch between opaque and transparent tree leaves during battle? Just like we can rotate point of view to North/South.
    Here are some crude photoshop pictures of how it would look like:

50% transparency
    50%

40% transparency
    40%

30% transparency
    30%

20% transparency
    20%

The best looking ones are 30-40%, and anything more than 50% or less than 20% looks bad, i think.

Participant

Heres a little sneak peek at the new grass tiles for the combat Environments.

—-the is NOT ingame footage—– ist just a photoshop picture :)

Also not included: Environment objects like tombstones, ruins etc….

This game just looks sweeter and sweeter all the time! 8-D

In a single player game, there's no such thing as cheating. It's merely "creative manipulation of the default settings"!

Participant

Those skeletons are awesome.

Are we looking at seeing different environments for outdoors combat soon, then? I’m assuming combat in places like ruins, fortified orc camps, and dungeons will all still take place outdoors for now.

Participant

Is it just me or do these lakes look a bit wrong? I mean sorta out of place, like their coloring is wrong or something? To me they look more like slime glued over the ground than bodies of water, maybe they need more details, something to allude 3d shape? I dont know.

Also ive had cases where they were highly repetitive, there appears to be only one sample and when they spawn close by it looks weird.

Participant

Seems logical, most of the water is gone, it’s not a lake and the water in the pit) there is swamp around. Eaten by the sea grow. but why quibble) the only thing that the mirror reflection in the water small trees disproportionately relative to large trees. But it’s those little things that create a negative perception of an image. Like the smoke from the chimneys against the wind on the starting picture.

Viewing 15 posts - 631 through 645 (of 1,776 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.