Topic: Sky's bug heaven.

Tagged: 

• Author
    Participant

II) Time of day
    As shown in ss at some point the time of day desynchronize. Visual representation tends to be the faster one. It takes a while to make them this way still it happens.

Ps. Sorry the ss slided.

Attachments:
    Participant

III) Hidden in plain sight
    As mentioned earlier about the bushes that not all of them give “Hidden” here is an opposite example when a simple tile gives the “Hidden”. Since there is a bush next to it guess it simply slided one hex, this could explain both.
    PS. Its actually a territory as shown in 2nd ss. Tho only one tile has a bush.

IV) Perk Selection Error
    After the fight was lvling up was in management screen chosing a perk. By selecting the perk I want the screen faded out as on ss and the management menu became unusable. By pressing the esc it still pops out to world map and everything works except the management menu, it always shows same as on ss. Saving and loading the game did not help this bug is constant.

Participant

Loading any other save makes this same bug appear. Only restarting the game client fixed it.

V) Camp strenght
    For some reason after you open the engage screen, the enemy camp strenght representation on the worldmap changes. On the ss you can see on the left the initial strenght on the right the strenght representation after the engage window was open and closed. The camp did not spawn any troops, this is a frequent thing.

Keymaster

Update .38

I) Confused Werevolves

As shown in the ss this three groups are chaoticly jumping inside the circle. At night one of them wandered off to north east, the other two were still running aroun till next morning when the orc fort spawned a unit and they followed it south west. Not a big issue but might result in some wierd behavior. After defeating the camp, the spawned orc army stopped at where the arrow points and started to move north east while the two werevolves started their dance again at the arrows point…

Probably fixed.

III) Hidden in plain sight
    As mentioned earlier about the bushes that not all of them give “Hidden” here is an opposite example when a simple tile gives the “Hidden”. Since there is a bush next to it guess it simply slided one hex, this could explain both.
    PS. Its actually a territory as shown in 2nd ss. Tho only one tile has a bush.

Fixed.

Overhype Studios - follow us!
    Facebook Youtube
    Twitter

Participant

VI) Invisible Montains
    That area is plains but acts as a montain for moving speed. Either the montain sprite is missing or the speed rule is misplaced.

Participant

VII) Retreat
    When you press the retreat icon on the battlefield ui it does promt you about the safe retreat from map edges and consiquences. When you go to “Esc” menu and do the retreat there, it retreats without a promt or a confirmation window.

Keymaster

That’s not a bug, but it’s already been changed for the next update.

Facebook Youtube
    Twitter

Participant

1) Launch Crash
    Launched game from steam, crashed with error. At the same moment steam was refreshing other game. Second time launched normaly, but this time steam was not updating other games.

Participant

1) Farmhand – Pitchfork

Shouldn’t the farmhand start off with a pitchfork? Even the background icon has it. If yes then starting a new game, if the random starting brother is a farmhand he does not have a pitchfork. If not then maybe they should.
    PS. On the next start a farmhand did have a pitchfork.
    2) First job exploit
    Even the very first job can be exploited when a caravan starts from the starting town. It is a free win scenario.

Keymaster

1) Not a bug. Just not every Farmhand has a Pitchfork.
    2) Huh?

Facebook Youtube
    Twitter

Participant

2) First job exploit
    Even the very first job can be exploited when a caravan starts from the starting town. It is a free win scenario.

Sky calls it “exploit”, I call it “strategic genius” on Sky’s part! :)

I think what he meant by that screenshot is that when you first start the game, and there is a caravan close enough to the nearby bandit lair, you get the help of the caravan to take out the lair. In my opinion, this is relatively rare — never had the opportunity myself — potentially exploitable, but I think not really a big deal (maybe a quick fix would be to make sure the starting town lair doesn’t spawn close to a road).

Keymaster

Oh, I see.

Facebook Youtube
    Twitter

Participant

You can call in caravans and patrols to help you in battles, but today was the first time with the very first “tutorial” job. Tied it more times and it is every time possible, even managed to get two (perhaps even three possible) caravans to fight since they spawn almost together at the very start of the game.

Participant

By rare, I meant the scenario where the starting bandit lair is close enough to the road when we generate a new campaign, or close enough to get help from the caravans — at least something I haven’t seen yet (or because I haven’t really tried to do it) in 20+ games started (I probably have 3 campaigns that I played for long, but now I started to do “ironman” campaigns and the start is really rough, especially at Hard, so I’ve wiped many times)

When you get that nice placement scenario though, then I can see how you could do it every time a caravan passed by, but then the lair gets destroyed once and that’s it, unless another one spawns close to the road. The rest of the lairs are usually far enough from the road that caravans are out of range, at least from my experience so far.

You bring up a good point though, like why would caravans go out of their way to help us destroy a lair, or in general participate in offensive battles, especially since they bring with them the veritable Donkey? I would recommend lairs in general start far enough from the city/roads, as it would also make more sense lore-wise; and in that case caravans will never be in range to help against lairs.

Participant

1) Launch Crash
    Launched game from steam, crashed with error. At the same moment steam was refreshing other game. Second time launched normaly, but this time steam was not updating other games.

I also cannot load the game up. Was playing fine last night went to bed now I start it up with steam and nothing happens.
    I tried to uninstall and reload it up and same thing happens.

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 99 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.