Topic: Sky's bug heaven.

Tagged: 

• Author
    Participant

Continuing in a new post on the next page.

VII) Multiple enemy armies

As the screen shows there are three or more armies in the same spot on the map, they are hunting my party and moving since the forest together. When the battle starts they all merge in one big group, but on the map like this there is no way to see how many are there realy. Not a bug, just lack of valuable feedback on the strategic map. They are from three different camps so their flags flicker rapidly while they move changing whos on the top all the time.
    VIII) Disappearing sprite.
    The caravan sprite disappearence hits the bandits. Getting closer to the city they spread out chaoticly, one of them went throught the other and its sprite disappeared. Just as in the caravan one, two same sprite hovering over each other makes one disappear.
    IX) Guards?
    An other not so much bug, but just look at this… This supposed to be the capital city guard. It is absolutely fine to have militia in the villages, but the main city sure should do better. Like the basic organized guard equipment, leather armor spears shortswords axes, you know the simple guard regulation stuff. It is not an army like castle one but it isn’t a militia either.
    PS. About the free stuff you get just by following an npc army and maraudering. This battle was just looking to see how the npc fight between themselves, got no exp but the loot was still there. And this is a low battle with weak participans BB_FreeLoot.jpg
    PSS It would be nice if not to remap the keys to at least see somewhere what keys do what, just found that the ctrl key flips the battleground upside down. It is quite useful to be able to change the wiev angle and would been good to know far sooner.
    X) No turnover
    While patrolling around found an undead “fort”. It was day so jumped right in. First was my archer, then the ghouls had their turn. But seems like the very first one was too upset about not moving first so he never ended his turn.
    BB_StuckTurn files.
    PS. After the last update the only battle that properly finished for me was the one where I was watching the militia fight.

Participant

Just as was about to post an other no end battle, seems it should be fixed. With this, starting the next bug post here.

Yep, combat ends without a problem. Very nice with the continue instead leave on the stat screen! Was a very much needed fix.

Keymaster

Glad to hear. I’ll work through your list tomorrow.

Overhype Studios - follow us!
    Facebook Youtube
    Twitter

Participant

XI) Berserker skill
    Skill not always triggers. It should give 4 ap after killing an opponent once a turn. Secound time it happened not to trigger for some reason. BB_NoBerserk
    PS Happened again. Then on the next turn it did trigger after all.
    XII) Knife
    This weapon is the best there is. This happened more times. My sellsword decided to chop off the head of an archer and jumped to him. Big was his surprise when the archer took the knife out and ignoring ALL armor did damage straight to the healt of my guy. Yep, the nife that is “not made for combat” that should do 50% armor damage. Can’t say that this happens all the time, noticed this just once before mainly cuz people with knifes are usually beheaded in a single blow.
    XIII) Attacking into a forest tile
    Not sure if it is a bug or design, but attackign into a forest tile makes my band start just the same as when ambushed. Randomly placed around, and the enemy comes from all directions aswell. Since i’m the one who initiates the attack on the fort, I belive my troops suppose to have some kind of formation, ok maybe not lines but still not a random placement.
    XIV) Invisible montains
    As shown in the ss that whole territory counts as montain terrain for walk speed, even where has no visible montains on it. It started from the hills south, and goes north till the hills.

Keymaster

XI) Berserker skill
    Skill not always triggers. It should give 4 ap after killing an opponent once a turn. Secound time it happened not to trigger for some reason. BB_NoBerserk

Hm, seems to work for me. Is there anything else you recall about the situation?

XII) Knife
    This weapon is the best there is. This happened more times. My sellsword decided to chop off the head of an archer and jumped to him. Big was his surprise when the archer took the knife out and ignoring ALL armor did damage straight to the healt of my guy. Yep, the nife that is “not made for combat” that should do 50% armor damage. Can’t say that this happens all the time, noticed this just once before mainly cuz people with knifes are usually beheaded in a single blow.

That’s the AI proving that knives and daggers are in fact not useless. Their ‘Puncture’ skill ignores armor at the expense of some accuracy and extra fatigue. The AI will use it against amored targets if the opportunity presents itself.

XIII) Attacking into a forest tile
    Not sure if it is a bug or design, but attackign into a forest tile makes my band start just the same as when ambushed. Randomly placed around, and the enemy comes from all directions aswell. Since i’m the one who initiates the attack on the fort, I belive my troops suppose to have some kind of formation, ok maybe not lines but still not a random placement.

Working as intended for now, but something we may want to change in the future.

Facebook Youtube
    Twitter

Participant

Now the last situation with the berserk skill. Attacked a group of bandits, started off as 2 walls formation. They weren’t many so I decided to go all in and just rush them. First turn moved all my melee forward to be 2 tiles away from enemy so they get only one hit. They moved aswell. One moved to my 2h guy, used the first skill and killed. Berserk did not trigger. Next turn moved up a tile to get close to an other enemy, used same skill killed and the berserk triggered. Now the difference between them were the first one had 1 hight bonus and was already damaged. The secound one was shield bashed down to the 2h guy and then executed. The third guy was damaged but was on the same hight lvl with the 2h, triggered successfuly. And again with the berserker, but now my 2h guy was one lvl higher atacking down and no trigger.

That knife skill is super effective, almost lost a full armor sellsword for the secound time to a puny archer. Was a fearsome surprise.

About the forest attacks, perhaps making the random placement’s range smaller will do the trick. Just seems out of place to have “wandering off” fighters at the start of an attack.

The today list started on the first page, there are 2 crash bugs and missing skill.

Participant

And the last for today.

XV) Typo
    Found a typo in text upon delivering job.

Attachments:
    Keymaster

And the last for today.
    XV) Typo
    Found a typo in text upon delivering job.

Fixed.

Facebook Youtube
    Twitter

Keymaster

A new day a new find.
    I) Attacking a dead body.
    If you fast press the skill button and then the mouse for targeting, you can do the skill twice even if the enemy is already dead after the first hit. This happens to me mostly with bows they are the attack type I spam a lot. Didn’t spam melee but will try from now on.
    Can’t say its something to be dealt with since unless you spam the attack it does not happen, but still just to let you know it is possible.
    PS Easiest way to see it is to get the “Perfect Focus” and just barrage an enemy with missle cloud.
    II) No end battle 2
    Just as I alt tabbed to post the I) after coming back and doing a finishing double kill, the same battle as yesterday did not end. It is a job battle given in the castle, this is an enemy bandit fort that spawns bandits who infest the woods around the village in the north.
    BB_NoEndBattle2 files.
    III) Crash
    While fighting, my sellsword with the perk “Killing Frenzy” annihilated an enemy and gain the buff. So I decided to check what the buff tooltip says and crashed. Happens always.
    BB_BuffMouseoverCrash files.
    IV) Crash 2
    So the other crash made me wonder if there were more skill tooltips that cause crashes. There are. At least this one. The skill “Footwork”. When mouseover the skill on the character sheet it crashes the game.
    BB_Footwork files.
    V) Missing skill
    While activating all skills in battle, triggering effects to check the toolboxes found that the skill “Indomitable” is missing in the battle.
    BB_MissingSkill files. No log for this one.
    VI) No end battle 3
    While testing the toolboxes was fighting a bandit group that was spawned from the job fort (II). Defeating them resulted in an other no end. The “retreat” worked, combat ended and half party died.
    BB_NoEndBattle3 files.

All of those should be fixed now, although I wasn’t really able to test the first one. Maybe I’m not quick enough. Thanks a lot for your great help!

Facebook Youtube
    Twitter

Participant

It well might be that the first one is just a visual thing. Like the target dies the instant I select it as a target while the arrow still travels. Tho seems like it just dies from first shot.

Participant

IV) Crash 2
    So the other crash made me wonder if there were more skill tooltips that cause crashes. There are. At least this one. The skill “Footwork”. When mouseover the skill on the character sheet it crashes the game.
    BB_Footwork files.
    Still crashes.

XVI) Crash
    After using swing skill on two orcs the game crashed. The error message was the same as with the mouseover, Critical exception at hardware level.
    XVII) Debilitate Skill
    Not sure if it is a bug or intended like this. The Debilitate skill as you can see has a range of one even when the sellsword has a range two weapon.

Keymaster

The update fixing the crash hasn’t been uploaded yet.

Facebook Youtube
    Twitter

Participant

Thought so, here is an other crash tho it well might be that I accidently moused the frenzy skill while the guy took the swing.

Participant

XVIII) AP bug
    Did read about it already, now I had it too. Archer with the focus skill next turn did not use any ap for his shot, making it thoreticly possible to shot three times. Since he used focus the turn before, all the fatigue was used up and regenerated only for one shot. Anyway might have seen it happen to other char that does not have the focus skill and is a melee. 11:58:50 in the log is the free shot.
    PS. The archer shooting a dead body definitely exists, just shot ton of arrows into the corpse while focus firing.
    XIX) No tooltipp
    Second time this happened, now I have a nice log and a ss. For some reason while in battle at some point the archer skill does not show the tooptip when mouseover enemy.

Keymaster

Yup, fixed that yesterday as well. Will be included in the update later today.

Facebook Youtube
    Twitter

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 99 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.