Topic: Paul´s Art Corner

• Author
    Participant

Overhauled orcs look great! Seems to be the right direction for this game. Darker and more evil looking enemies, I like that.
    Can’t wait for the patch!

Keymaster

As a little sneak peek here are some of the new orc armors for young, berserk and warrior.
    There will be 3-4 sets of equipment for each Orc Type.

Cheers!

Orc Armor

Overhype Studios - Let´s roll!

Facebook Youtube
    Twitter

Participant

oh … you hear my wishes and it seems say “ok”!
    Simply delicious. This trophy from mercenary murdered on his shoulder of orc warrior – this masterpiece. Paul, the first time in the history of my shopping early access I feel that even with supporter edition … I paid less than i should…

Participant

The third armor is just… tasteless. I am looking forward to encountering the whole 9-12 different enemy outfits. That’s a huge increase in variety.

Participant

I hope those are all fingers he has hanging around his neck xD Would hurt to think of so many Theons running arround :D

"I am a Paladin!"
    >OMG, Malthus, there are no damn paladins in Battle Brothers...<
    "OK, OK! Then I´m a wrecked down minstrel drunkard pretending to be a paladin, singing so wrong in the midst of battle that even the undead run in fear... Better?!"

Keymaster

The third armor is just… tasteless

I take that as a compliment hehe

Facebook Youtube
    Twitter

Participant

Yeah, that Orc Warrior armor is very nice! I like the use of the visor as a shoulder guard. Simply wonderful work. Please keep it up!

In a single player game, there's no such thing as cheating. It's merely "creative manipulation of the default settings"!

Participant

Jeehhaawww… orcs look great…like anything else !!

cant wait anymore…want to see all the new stuff ingame.. !

keep on the good work!

Participant

The Orcs are superbly reworked!!! Although, we seem a bit stuck on the “greenskin” concept here, I highly suggest you do some grey-skinned orcs as well for variety and (if you push it you could even get 2 factions) it will be easy to “refilter” the same textures to grey but bring a lot of eye candy

I rest my case on the bascinet, which was only “commonplace” in Italy towards the end of the 13th century…. and widespread by the 14th.

BUT my main question was regarding the “grey scale” on orcs and was missed :)

Keymaster

do some grey-skinned orcs as well for variety

Hey Asterix,
    we will have some code driven variations in saturation of the orcs which randomly have more greenish or more greyish colors.
    Problem is, we cant go too far with that or the teeth, tongue etc will all turn grey as well.
    Alternatively I would have to handcraft more color variations which would be possible, but that also means painting the according dead bodies etc.

I have to be careful with my time, but I’ll see what I manage to achieve ;)

Facebook Youtube
    Twitter

Keymaster

Let’s start the day with some more Orc Warrior goodness :)
    Warrior 2

Facebook Youtube
    Twitter

Keymaster

Oh and by the way, all Orc metal Armor is crafted by salvaging and re-using parts of human armor:

Armor Crafting

Facebook Youtube
    Twitter

Participant

I see where this is going. Fingers, hands, ears… Now I am waiting for an orc with a leatherface mask. Wouldn´t that be intimidating for any human who faces him? As it wouldn´t be a superheavy armor maybe it would suit a berserk.

"I am a Paladin!"
    >OMG, Malthus, there are no damn paladins in Battle Brothers...<
    "OK, OK! Then I´m a wrecked down minstrel drunkard pretending to be a paladin, singing so wrong in the midst of battle that even the undead run in fear... Better?!"

Participant

you know that guy ?

Attachments:
    Participant

I like the general idea of what the orcs are used the trophies for own armor. This sounds logical and looks amazing.
    but I also hope that they will have their own unique armor of their faction

Viewing 15 posts - 361 through 375 (of 1,776 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.