Topic: Paul´s Art Corner

• Author
    Keymaster

you know that guy ?

Dont know that guy, but he looks like a boss.

Now I am waiting for an orc with a leatherface mask.

Hehe nice idea, we’ll see…

Oh and before I forget your daily treat, here are the young orcs:

young

Overhype Studios - Let´s roll!

Facebook Youtube
    Twitter

Participant

it looks very organic. And most importantly is very similar to these young people, the ugly, aggressive, stupid and they think they’re already real warriors :)

Participant

do some grey-skinned orcs as well for variety

Hey Asterix,
    we will have some code driven variations in saturation of the orcs which randomly have more greenish or more greyish colors.
    Problem is, we cant go too far with that or the teeth, tongue etc will all turn grey as well.
    Alternatively I would have to handcraft more color variations which would be possible, but that also means painting the according dead bodies etc.

I have to be careful with my time, but I’ll see what I manage to achieve ?

Nice insight Psen thanks! Doesn’t sound like a priority…. but I think that for example a real dirt-grey or ash-grey for the older orcs would add a clear menace and earthyness to them :)

Participant

Say, are those spooky scary skeletons going to be getting a rework too?

Keymaster

I dont want to spoil anything, but….
    Skeletons

Facebook Youtube
    Twitter

Participant

When the update finally hits it will be the whole new game it seems.

Keymaster

When the update finally hits it will be the whole new game it seems.

Absolutely, even though the undead rework will not make it into the goblin update.
    We want to take some time to properly revisit all undead units and make sure the faction as a whole can keep up with the newer ones.

Facebook Youtube
    Twitter

Participant

I generally hate undead in games – I just feel uncomfortable with the concept of dead people attacking the living – but I love how their mechanics work in game. I will look forward to the update heralding the arrival of their rework. It will be amazing to see skeletons getting as much attention as everyone else got (zombies always felt fine for me, maybe because they got a lot of models already, while skeletons were fairly limited and not as varied as zombies in terms of equipment).

Keymaster

I feel pretty much the same. The zombies profited a lot from the battle brothers and bandit reworks, as they are basically using the same assets. On top of that they got new hair and beards.
    The skeletons on the other hand will get a completely new and unique look as they’ve spent hundreds of years in the ground and may originate from a variety of ancient cultures.

I am still in the conceptional phase, but I’ll show something soonish :)

Facebook Youtube
    Twitter

Participant

Looking forward to the changes made to them! Perhaps we’ll even see other races as Skeletons; not just human skeletons?

Keymaster

If you are looking for a real fight, you should seek out these new locations:

Orc Fortress

Bandit Fortress

Goblin Fortress

Perhaps we’ll even see other races as Skeletons; not just human skeletons?

I am not really decided on this one, but will probably stick with humans for now. For the sake of a lower workload :)

Facebook Youtube
    Twitter

Participant

there’s even a chance that we will see tactical map of combat in the game that will remind and to meet the assault of these fortifications?

Keymaster

We will tackle that issue during the worldmap rework. I know its pretty absurd that there arent even snow tiles in the tactical combat right now, but this will be adressed and we want to push it as far as we can.

Facebook Youtube
    Twitter

Participant

We will tackle that issue during the worldmap rework. I know its pretty absurd that there arent even snow tiles in the tactical combat right now, but this will be adressed and we want to push it as far as we can.

Can’t someone just clone you? I mean what are we paying for in early access :D ;)

Keymaster

Can’t someone just clone you?

I already have been cloned :) Jaysen is actually my twin brother :)

Facebook Youtube
    Twitter

Viewing 15 posts - 376 through 390 (of 1,776 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.