Topic: Paul´s Art Corner

• Author
    Keymaster

Dont be scared, its only a visual rework…for now :)
    When we do the proper rework both zombies and skeletons will get new units. The most prominet ones are their bosses: lich and zombie duke. Allthough the duke might be replaced by something entirely different.

The ghouls will get a few more units just like the werwolves to turn them into proper mini factions. A matriarch of some kind is very probable for the ghouls. The wolves might feature half mutated humanlike werewolves as low tier units.

The red eyeballs are used for the zombie dukes buff spell atm. It depends on the skills the lich will have if they show on skeletons as well.

Im on the road, writing from my mobile so there might be some more typos than usual :) cheers!

Overhype Studios - Let´s roll!

Facebook Youtube
    Twitter

Participant

some great stuff, Paul! shame it won’t be lootable as the new Skellie helmets are beautiful!

Participant

Awesome work so far dude, love your art! Love the rework, just some of the armor looks a little shiny, like the padded gambeson. But other then that, it is all utterly gorgeous. A great artist for a great game.

Participant

Thanks for your answers. You are definitely my favourite.
    Your skills are amazing.
    By the way what do you think about giving undead forces slings and javelins instead of bows?
    First it would feel more ancient.
    Secondly slings are more resistant to time that bows and arrows.

I really want to see new modernized undead factions. Dukes as buffing supporting unit and death knights as high level sentient zombies?

Definitely wanna see lich in action. Mass reanimation would be scary thing.

Last question: as this subfaction gonna fight between themselves?
    I find it strange if they not.
    Bandits fighting for turf or orc clans killing each other because they can, goblins fighting for profit – it seems natural order of things and would be great for balance and then it come Great Evil that united one faction and pose real threat for human kingdom.
    PS. Writing on phone indeed is pain.

Participant

Last question: as this subfaction gonna fight between themselves?
    I find it strange if they not.
    Bandits fighting for turf or orc clans killing each other because they can, goblins fighting for profit – it seems natural order of things and would be great for balance and then it come Great Evil that united one faction and pose real threat for human kingdom.

I’ve seen it happen before. Bandits that were following me and zombies and ghouls duked it out and I just had to clean out the last ones standing…

Participant

I think what he means is infaction fighting like two bands of bandids from different camps fighting over loot. This would make sense for all factions as they are no organized army if they are not the greater evil.

"I am a Paladin!"
    >OMG, Malthus, there are no damn paladins in Battle Brothers...<
    "OK, OK! Then I´m a wrecked down minstrel drunkard pretending to be a paladin, singing so wrong in the midst of battle that even the undead run in fear... Better?!"

Keymaster

Yes, there will be independently acting subfactions (like different Orc tribes) that may fight each other.

Overhype Studios - follow us!
    Facebook Youtube
    Twitter

Participant

A zombie lord needs presence of mind, here are some inspirations:

ZOMBIE DUKE 1

ZOMBIE DUKE 2

A returning Crusader theme, dead of lepracy and abandoned by their bretheren could make for a very interesting subfaction:

ZOMBIE 3

Any ideas for teutonic knights in game?

Keymaster

I like the undead crusaders. I also think its an intriguing idea to connect their return from the graves to a certain event/history like a plague or something special.
    Teutonic knights per se are not planned yet. What we are discussing right now is the visual/lore differences between the human factions. Its pretty likely that one of these factions will have a very “knightly” style.

This topic is still heavily under discussion, so nothing set in stone here.

Facebook Youtube
    Twitter

Participant

I think like the Orc Warlord, weapons (metal wood would rot) still sticking out of them is a fun debatable art concept :D

Participant

Psen what happened to the Heraldic Mail?
    It was really cool deign. I can’t find it in shops anywhere. Did it get cut off from the game?
    It would be a real waste.

Keymaster

It was really cool deign. I can’t find it in shops anywhere. Did it get cut off from the game?

It’s supposed to be still in, allthough extremely rare. The asset is not going to be removed :)
    The availability and some variations of it will be tweaked a lot during the worldmap rework.
    Just let me mention again that its not the strongest armor anymore, its close to the normal mail hauberks now.

Facebook Youtube
    Twitter

Participant

It’s supposed to be still in, allthough extremely rare. The asset is not going to be removed :)
    The availability and some variations of it will be tweaked a lot during the worldmap rework.
    Just let me mention again that its not the strongest armor anymore, its close to the normal mail hauberks now.

Thanks for reply. Didn’t see it in Goblin Invasion patch. And I play it like 140 hours. So its EXTREMELY rare indeed.
    I actually prefer if it will be high medium tier with better armour to fatigue ratio for higher cost. Its look cool.
    The scales armour looks good but not that great.
    I can resist asking: when we can expect to see new big update?

Keymaster

I can resist asking: when we can expect to see new big update?

We will make a blogpost on that topic this or next week and let you know what we are up to :)

Facebook Youtube
    Twitter

Participant

I have 2 different party mercenaries: 150 and 50 hours- I also have never seen (check castles on a regular basis) heraldic coat of mail. I have even been able to get the wolf mail and remove from the vile green corpses 4 crossbow overseer – heraldic coat of mail but does not. A little wary, but if it was unavailable rare horned helmet and ax – that’s when I really worried :)
    taking the opportunity – it should again be noted that the graphic alteration of mercenaries, orcs, equipment and goblins themselves – just perfect. and the new music is 11 out of 10
    and most importantly, the sound of fleeing in panic or goblin to die – this is the most pleasant sounds to my ears in this patch. oh yeah baby!
    and we must pass on to Rap that his work on improving the AI opponents and even the militia – visible and this is a very difficult and important work that deserves respect

Viewing 15 posts - 421 through 435 (of 1,776 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.