Topic: Paul´s Art Corner

• Author
    Participant

Very nice, very nice.

Heres a preview of the inventory/roster screen. That sucker really needed a lot of work.

Does that mean this is the final look of the inventory/roster screen?
    There is pretty much brown without a structure on the roster part, the stash and the equipment part.I think, that is a little problematic. Is it supposed to be hide or leather stretched over a wood frame? After some inspection that’s what I would guess.

One also can see 18 slots for mercs. Does that mean there will be up to 12 mercs fighting and 6 will be in reserve, since it was said that one won’t be able to control more than 12 on a battlefield?
    Will one be able to decide how much of your mercs have to fight or will always 12 mercs fight, if one has 12 at least?
    And the tent slots are for camp followers; up to 9 one can have?

That would make sense, but I decided to have the same border for alle injury icons to tell them apart from the other icons like traits and backgrounds.

I thought something like that, that their look is supposed to be unified.

While some of the former temporary blunt injuries depicted bruises, the updated image shows only bone fractures.
    Are those icons supposed to display the same degree of damage, where the only difference is their source? If so, I would say the blunt injury icons should display bruises rather than fractures, because in my understanding a fracture is more severe than a cut or a stab wound and takes longer to heal.

Keymaster

Does that mean this is the final look of the inventory/roster screen?

No, we will continue polishing it.

One also can see 18 slots for mercs. Does that mean there will be up to 12 mercs fighting and 6 will be in reserve, since it was said that one won’t be able to control more than 12 on a battlefield?

Exactly.

Will one be able to decide how much of your mercs have to fight or will always 12 mercs fight, if one has 12 at least?
    And the tent slots are for camp followers; up to 9 one can have?

The upper 2 rows contain 12 mercs max. There are more than 12 slots so you have more freedom in setting up your formation. The two rows represent how your men will be deployed in battle (facing upwards).

The tents are for your reserve. You can switch your men around freely and fight with less than 12 if you want to.

We considered using some of the reserve slots for camp followers, but did not come up with a quick and satisfying solution how to implement this whole mechanic. We are still considering it though.

While some of the former temporary blunt injuries depicted bruises, the updated image shows only bone fractures.
    Are those icons supposed to display the same degree of damage, where the only difference is their source? If so, I would say the blunt injury icons should display bruises rather than fractures, because in my understanding a fracture is more severe than a cut or a stab wound and takes longer to heal.

Basically you are right. I took some artistic liberty to paint more visually engaging icons. Bruises dont really make good icons :)

Overhype Studios - Let´s roll!

Facebook Youtube
    Twitter

Participant

Cool.

The upper 2 rows contain 12 mercs max. There are more than 12 slots so you have more freedom in setting up your formation. The two rows represent how your men will be deployed in battle (facing upwards).

Will one be able to save and load different formations, making one’s own preset formations?

The tents are for your reserve. You can switch your men around freely and fight with less than 12 if you want to.

So there will be 17 reserve slots?
    Thus will it be theoretically possible to have 18 mercs in your party but send for example only that one Swordmaster into the fight against a pack of direwolves to level him faster?

Keymaster

Will one be able to save and load different formations, making one’s own preset formations?

We feel like we cant put anymore work/time into the UI for now. So probably not.

So there will be 17 reserve slots?

There are 9 slots for reserve (the tents).

Thus will it be theoretically possible to have 18 mercs in your party but send for example only that one Swordmaster into the fight against a pack of direwolves to level him faster?

Yes, as long as you have 10 or less guys (1 in combat and 9 in reserve).

Facebook Youtube
    Twitter

Participant

Thanks for the clarification.

See you next time!

Hi Paul. I big fan of two-handing swords. I love claymore, zweihander, flamberge. Can You post some art of named two-handed swords? Will be flamberge in game?
    PS. New UI just awesome.

Participant

Hey Paul. Are you still working on multi tile objects? If yes, can you give us new picture?

Something

Keymaster

Can You post some art of named two-handed swords?

Not yet. I did not have the time to paint unique two handed swords yet. Its absolutely on my whishlist, but I cant say when Ill get to it. Apart from the two handers theres a bunch of other weapons still missing unique variants (also: helmets and armors).

. Are you still working on multi tile objects? If yes, can you give us new picture?

I am still fixing the last UI issues, but we are almost done for good :)
    Here are two work in progress shots of the combat objects:

Camp

Graveyard

Facebook Youtube
    Twitter

Keymaster

Hey guys, I am finally creating content again.
    Here’s the first picture of some named armors/helmets:
    Armors

Cheers!

Facebook Youtube
    Twitter

Participant

Fantastic!

Any chance of a Sutton Hoo helmet? There is just something about it Sutton Hoo

And also the Spangenhelm! Spangenhelm

The dark age helmets look magical and have a lot beauty and originality in every design Another great helm

The Byzantine stuff is very beautiful and Exotic Cataphract Armour

More gr8 Byzantine stuff More

Participant

Well done! As always. May be some wolf helmet for wolf armor? :)

Participant

Beautiful! Cant wait to see this in game.

Participant

Looks great!

All life's problems can be solved with a bayonet charge.

Participant

Great work, Paul! I hope to see them in-game soon.

In a single player game, there's no such thing as cheating. It's merely "creative manipulation of the default settings"!

Keymaster

Nice to hear that you guys enjoy the new armors :) It’s a lot of fun after creating all those pesky UI assets.
    Here’s an update. I think I’m going to paint a wolf-helmet for the far left armor to go along with the bandit wolf armor.
    armor2

Concerning the Sutton Hoo, I already used this very early medieval style for the (still pending) skeleton rework:

skeletons

Facebook Youtube
    Twitter

Viewing 15 posts - 706 through 720 (of 1,777 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.