Topic: Paul´s Art Corner

• Author
    Participant

I have a feeling thats part of a new system of long term wounds. Broken rib, cracked skull etc.

Participant

Heres a little update on what Im working on besides the UI.
    It will be explained it time ?

injuries

Yay! Long time ago me and same guys in the steam forum talked about traits from injuries…. You are amazing guys!

These icons looks very good!

All life's problems can be solved with a bayonet charge.

Keymaster

I cant explain too much yet because some details are still under discussion, but these icons represent different types of injuries: From top to bottom
    blunt, cutting and piercing.
    These would basically be temporary while of course there will also be permanent injuries. Notice these icons have the same golden border as the traits:

Permanent

We have some good ideas how to properly implement this whole system without just making the game more difficult. Stay tuned!

Overhype Studios - Let´s roll!

Facebook Youtube
    Twitter

Participant

Yes. The boundary between realistic and playable – very thin…

Participant

If I may – Mordheim: City of the Damned made an interesting implementation of wounds: some of them granted certain bonuses on top of giving heavy mallus (for example: losing an arm made a character harder to hit). It was a good idea to incentivize keeping wounded characters in play.

Participant

If I may – Mordheim: City of the Damned made an interesting implementation of wounds: some of them granted certain bonuses on top of giving heavy mallus (for example: losing an arm made a character harder to hit). It was a good idea to incentivize keeping wounded characters in play.

Permanent

I reckon, a missing nose belongs to the also-bonus-granting ones then. ^^

Participant

For me sounds not good. Injuries like this should not give any bonuses for soldier. If soldier lost his arm, he should always get negative bonus. But surviving bad injuries, meybe he should get bonus resolve or even get negative resolve bonus?

All life's problems can be solved with a bayonet charge.

Participant

Hi Paul! Nice preview but I feel very strongly about one thing:

In the battle UI you should not use wood for the character panel, it should be paper, otherwise its too much brown on brown and doesn’t look nice and is hard to see. I am attaching the screen of the image I mean (bottom right corner)

Hi, just wanted to reiterate my point in case it was missed :)

Keymaster

Hey Asterix, dont worry. Ill double check on that and see how it feels once properly implemented.
    Cheers!

Facebook Youtube
    Twitter

Participant

Cheers Psen :)

Participant

Well, it could be done. Like cause fear in all humans next to him. Or all humans who can see him (there are helmets that obscure view). But only when he doesn’t wear a helmet or wears a helmet that doesn’t cover his face. Could also affect allies (and by the way – I think that all brothers have too strong starting morale).

For me sounds not good. Injuries like this should not give any bonuses for soldier. If soldier lost his arm, he should always get negative bonus. But surviving bad injuries, meybe he should get bonus resolve or even get negative resolve bonus?

While you’re not wrong I am pointing out that wounds such as these are going to make players ask themselves a question: “is this man still worth keeping him in my warband?”.

Bonuses that Mordheim uses for some wounds (not all of them) are incentivizing keeping some significantly wounded (or maimed) characters in the roster despite their wounds. Especially in the context of experience and costs (firing and hiring a replacement is going to cost money and detract from shipments, and you have certain quotas to meet or you risk losing your campaign).

Participant

Well, it could be done. Like cause fear in all humans next to him. Or all humans who can see him (there are helmets that obscure view). But only when he doesn’t wear a helmet or wears a helmet that doesn’t cover his face. Could also affect allies (and by the way – I think that all brothers have too strong starting morale).

I thought more of he does not have to smell all the foul-smelling stuff like Swamps, Wiedergängers, Orcs, Goblins, Direwolfs, Thugs and Bandits. ;P

Hey Paul,

have you got anything to show? I’d even take WIP.^^ Come on don’t leave us/me high and dry like Jan did last Friday. ;P

PS: Have you thought about putting less or no blood around the temporary blunt injury icons? Since blunt injuries aren’t (as) bloody (as cutting and percing ones).

Keymaster

Hey there,
    sorry for the irregular updates. I’m still working on not-so-fun UI stuff. Unfortunately this means there are no fancy paintings to be shown.
    Nevertheless just poke me and I will post some random UI screens ;)

By the way, the end is in sight! I am really looking forward to finally launching the new UI alongside some additional features, like the extended roster. I hope the wait will be over soon.

Anyways, here we go:
    “Combat engage screen” gets a little picture of the landscape and time of day you will be fighting in.
    Combat Engage

Heres a preview of the inventory/roster screen. That sucker really needed a lot of work.
    Inventory

Facebook Youtube
    Twitter

Keymaster

PS: Have you thought about putting less or no blood around the temporary blunt injury icons? Since blunt injuries aren’t (as) bloody (as cutting and percing ones).

That would make sense, but I decided to have the same border for alle injury icons to tell them apart from the other icons like traits and backgrounds.

Heres an updated version:

Injuries

Facebook Youtube
    Twitter

Participant

Could “Prepare for combat” screen allow us to manage the band’s inventory? I am asking because against certain enemies or under certain conditions it could help to re-fit brothers to combat enemies in more fluid manner. Right now you have to “retreat”, do that and come back again.

Viewing 15 posts - 691 through 705 (of 1,777 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.