• Author
    Keymaster

This is better:
    Shields 2

Overhype Studios - Let´s roll!

Facebook Youtube
    Twitter

Participant

Is that the Saint George killing the Dragon?

Participant

Thats what it looks like to me:

Participant

Godlike!

It definitely is better now. ^^
    Nice to see you showing your art on your own so much. :)

I wonder if the unique armors and their respective helmets will be sets and thus grant a set bonus (like in e.g. Diablo), when one merc wears both the armor and the helmet?(at least they look like they do belong together) For example some additional resolve, for wearing the matching helmet to the armor.

Where will one get those items? Honestly, I cannot imagine them being dropped by mere raiders, even if they are leaders. They look too good, seem to be in a too good condition to have been looted by raiders after a battle.
    Especially the Heraldic Mail; would only fit a knight.

The shield with the wing nailed on, is close to being over the top. ;P
    Was stuff like this for real; or is it artistic liberty again? ^^ I don’t think that shield would look like that for more than one battle. ^^

What about carvings on a wooden shield or a shield with a spike(assuming you don’t want to add shield spikes as accessoires), that makes your Shield Knock Back/Bash deal 50% more damage.
    (What leads to another question: where do you want to go with the unique weapons(or would this be legendary ones)? Will they just deal a little more damage, cost less fatigue, etc. or will they have some special additions like dealing 1,5x damage, when used from height advantage or after moving on the same turn, thus allowing playstyles/builds that are only viable with that unique weapon/item (like in Diablo 3) ?)
    Or some unique Orc Feral Shields with nailed on hands, ears or scalps; or Human/Orc/Goblin skin stretched over the shield’s surface? I reckon several faces sewn togehter would look quite intimidating(like in the fashion of the Orc Warrior armors, that consist of several Human armors).

Also will there be unique Lutes? ^^

Participant

:D

Participant

nice..thanks for answer.
    yes they are heavy… and of course they look like.
    i ask about the real heavy armor.. because i would like to see a real heavy one …only to carry by the strongest men you can find out there XD

the new shields a great … and i also like the fourth one. it looks a little bit crooked… but i like the theme with the cross very much!

Participant

some named light armors… for archers, swordmasters etc. also would be nice. Like a robe, light brigntine, gambeson or something!

bogen

Participant

Also is it just me, or do you guys also feel the a theme in some (many?) of the recently shown items? I sense a strong influence of like late antiquity in some helmets (from like dawn of rome and ancient greece even) and shields? For example in that pic above the 3rd shield looks a lot like bronze aspis or hoplon to me.

This is specially present in occasional screenies of skeleton rework, they remind me a lot of what i imagine Thracian and Scythian gear looked like?

Keymaster

Yeah :) Maybe its too iconic, but I really like how it fits onto the shield.

I wonder if the unique armors and their respective helmets will be sets and thus grant a set bonus (like in e.g. Diablo),

We had a short internal discussion on that, but we don’t think its worth forcing the player to always combine the “correct” two pieces. I prefer to have the free choice just for the sake of more visual variety.

Where will one get those items? Honestly, I cannot imagine them being dropped by mere raiders, even if they are leaders.

We will rework named items in general a little and also their distribution. We want to put more focus on exploration, so most of these items will be lootable in treasure locations hidden somewhere on the worldmap.

The shield with the wing nailed on, is close to being over the top. ;P

Hehe. It’s not our period, but this Hussar really knows how to show off in style :) It’s from an Opsrey book, so I guess its rather historically accurate, although not very helpful in battle obviously.
    Hussar

Concering the named items, they will only have improved stats for now. We still have giant backlog of Legendary Items we want to implement. Unfortunately thats a lot of work (custom skills for single items), so we cant tackle that at the moment. We will see…….

some named light armors… for archers, swordmasters etc. also would be nice. Like a robe, light brigntine, gambeson or something!

At the Moment the light armor will only see use in the early to mid game and we already have a decent variety of armors in that part of the game. We are focussing on the late game for now, but we will continue to create more and more items on the side.

This is specially present in occasional screenies of skeleton rework, they remind me a lot of what i imagine Thracian and Scythian gear looked like?

Absolutely, it’s a mix of early celtic, roman and greek armor styles. The skeletons should look really “ancient” to emphasize their different origin compare to the zombies. I am pretty much finished with the visuals of the skeletopn rework, but we did not manage to program and implement it yet. There will be an extensive Blog post with lore and more when the time comes.

Cheers!!

Facebook Youtube
    Twitter

Keymaster

I added 2 more shields, so we also have 6.
    Cheers!

Shields

Facebook Youtube
    Twitter

Participant

The red one, thats a pavise shield right? Beautiful, i could swear ive seen that pattern somewhere, i want to say Hungary.

Participant

Beauuuutiful shields!

Keymaster

i could swear ive seen that pattern somewhere, i want to say Hungary.

The Pavise is also a bit out of period, but whatever, lets have some more visual variety. If I had the time I would add a million more :)
    The red and white stripes give it a very “mercenary” feel. Its a pretty common look across various nations in the middle ages, especially eastern Europe.
    Allthough the concrete inspiration in this case was the stripey theme of the “Dogs of War” Warhammer Fantasy faction.
    Dogs

Cheers!

Facebook Youtube
    Twitter

Participant

The Parvise is not really out of period as it came from the East… the Iranians and Byzantines used equivalents long before it become a standard in Western europe… the first examples are recorded to have been introduced in small numbers to household troops after the last crusades

Keymaster

Lets go!

Mockup

Facebook Youtube
    Twitter

Viewing 15 posts - 736 through 750 (of 1,776 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.