Topic: Paul´s Art Corner

• Author
    Keymaster

Do we get more bastard weapons similar to warbrand?
    Like long spear or short pike?

Definitely planned is hafted blade which will look like a warbrand on a stick.
    Implementing more bastard weapons would be fun, as the warbrand is already my favorite weapon in the game. I’ll think about it!

Overhype Studios - Let´s roll!

Facebook Youtube
    Twitter

Participant

Do we get more bastard weapons similar to warbrand?
    Like long spear or short pike?

Definitely planned is hafted blade which will look like a warbrand on a stick.
    Implementing more bastard weapons would be fun, as the warbrand is already my favorite weapon in the game. I’ll think about it!

That is good news.
    Do we get some more tiers of them?
    Also do you plan/have in mind make some Legendary weapons that are above Unique with names? The weapons with their backstory and maybe rewards for specific quests or destroying specific premade locations with plenty of strong enemies?

Participant

Weapons look amazing. I wonder how you planned to balance out polearms. It is a good move as of right now polearms aren’t exactly used to keep enemies out (with the exception of spears), rather to be used from the second line. I will try to throw in some suggestions after the update concerning them.

Participant

OMG !nice! :)

i love the fighting spear… it looks sooo mighty! Hope it will be powerful as looking … because the spears already ingame ..are largely useless at lategame i think.

Do we get a new heavy crossbow too? … with a stretcher for example…

Participant

Stunning work Paul!!! So many new weapons and armors! YES! *_*
    Got back to playing BB when the new UI came out and all of this excites me even more!

Participant

maybe get some references here…

http://www.medievalwarfare.info/weapons.htm

Participant

First off: LOVING the art.

Secondly: LOVING the news.

That is all.

EDIT: Well, if I were to say anything else… On the topic of non-named weaponry: what are your thoughts on slings as a combination of “Poor man’s ranged weapon” and “Actually decent against undead ranged weapon”? A sling would be pretty piddly but could be used with round/heater shields, and a staff-sling as a later tier weapon might be fun against undead. Of course, I’m not expecting a resounding “YES!” because these are, well, not exactly typical of the High Middle Ages.

But on that note: might we see some more potent thrown weapons, too? Maybe even poisoned ones wielded by goblins, lootable by players?

I mean, goblins need more poison anyway, right? Why not give their melee guys some poison attacks via poisoned bolas or poisoned spears?

*Queue Benny Hill Theme + running away from angry forum-goers*

Keymaster

Hey there,
    a sling was planned at some time but was dropped in favor of other stuff on my to do list.
    I still like the idea though, we will probably introduce a sling of some sort whith the skeleton rework.

Throwing weapons are okay for now, so I am focussing on the named items.
    And I guess the goblins wont get any more poison for now :) Although we have to see how the injury system works out and after that we may adjust some things.

Facebook Youtube
    Twitter

Participant

And I guess the goblins wont get any more poison for now.

Hi! I’m not sure i understand this ^^ Do you mean the Gobos will stop brewing nasty stuff or do you mean they won’t cook anything new?

Participant

As ideas – Possible invasion of cards with 4 points of the compass.

1. Treacherous knights, mercenaries from the west with the elements of weapons and armor of the late Middle Ages. Deep specialization types of troops. Mechanical and technological weapons.

2. Dark Expedition Normans (Vikings, Rus) in the north – the beard, totem poles, axes, medium armor, special perks associated with axes and type of raider attacks.

3. Legendary Oriental strangers – light and medium armor, weapons exotic Asia. The motives in the clothing – from Mongolia and China to India. The bright, colorful colors. Perks associated with spiritual practices and martial arts schools.

4. Sophisticated and corruption slaveholders of the South – a combination of luxury and slavery. The clothes used elements of ornaments made of feathers and skins of exotic birds and animals. Sacrifice, worship of fire. Lords consider themselves godlike. Among the troops found the alchemists with gunpowder and oil fire projectiles.

Keymaster

they won’t cook anything new?

This :) Of course they keep what they already have.

Facebook Youtube
    Twitter

Keymaster

Here we go again:
    Bows

Crossbows

Facebook Youtube
    Twitter

Participant

Psen, can you make some asymetrical bow like Yumi bow?
    Also will we get some different ammo for bow/xbow?

Participant

Thanks for clarifying about Gobo cooks ^^

Bows

Crossbows

Are all those weapons futur Uniques or is the base weapon included ?

Keymaster

futur Uniques

Theyre uniques or “named weapons” if you want. They don’t look too over the top yet as I still have the hope of implementing legendary items some day .)

Facebook Youtube
    Twitter

Viewing 15 posts - 781 through 795 (of 1,776 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.