Topic: Paul´s Art Corner

• Author
    Keymaster

i LOVE the way it looks without visor. Plox make some like that if possible at all. Id keep them on my frontline dudes no matter stats ?

Okay okay, you got me:

Bascinet

Overhype Studios - Let´s roll!

Facebook Youtube
    Twitter

Participant

i LOVE the way it looks without visor. Plox make some like that if possible at all. Id keep them on my frontline dudes no matter stats ?

Okay okay, you got me:

Bascinet

Awesome.

Now, if youre looking for more inspiration, whats really lacking in game right now are helmets inspired by those in the east, specially Rus’ stuff.

This was a quite common helmet:

And some other that i think are heavily influenced by Viking style:

This is druzhina (since they are all mounted this is later, like i dunno 13th 14th century, before that they would mostly be on foot):

The reason why i love Russian gear is because they are a beautiful mix of everything; you have chain mails from the vikings as the basic gear, you have lamellar items from the steppe (Mongols, steppe nomads etc) and you have scale armors (i believe from Byzantium). And all of it can be quite colorful.

This is called kolovrat and was on Slavic shields very early on (like first millenia ad) if you add any Slavic/eastern gear it should be on shield(s):

Note however i believe it is considered a swastika of sorts, so there could be political stuff, i dunno. I think you guys are German and i know Germany has some laws against Nazi swastika, if this also falls into that category plox delete it.

Keymaster

I have a lot of Rus reference in my backlog, but am still holding back on that in case of a future expansion of the game.
    At least that was my initial plan. By now I think it’s possible that some Rus gear may make it into the game in form of named items.
    But – as always – I wont promise anything :)

Facebook Youtube
    Twitter

Participant

Yup some eastern flavored named items would be cool. In particular byzantine (lots of scales on armors and helmets and pointy helmets) and Russian (a mix of chainmail and scale and lamellar with plenty of colors, should also break the “metal” feel of armors you spoke of earlier).

But in any case im sure you know what works the best. No pressure, just throwing random ideas at you :)

Participant

Okay okay, you got me:

Bascinet

absolutely amazing!! this one is f****** great again. :)

Participant

Okay okay, you got me:

Bascinet

it seems necessary to use this opportunity and to ask Paul to make as much as possible the unique double-edged axes – not historically, not practical… but it’s so beautiful )

Participant

Okay okay, you got me:

Bascinet

it seems necessary to use this opportunity and to ask Paul to make as much as possible the unique double-edged axes – not historically, not practical… but it’s so beautiful )

Imagine charging into a group of zombies carrying such an axe shouting “zaaaaaaaaa rodinu!111oneoneeleven”.

Glorious.

Or…

Even better…

Participant

My inner Spaniard would still love to see a morion, but my inner Spaniard also wants me to make a group of Battle Brothers called “El Tercio” and go marching across the world map with nothing but swords, pikes, and crossbows.

Also, do you have any art available for unique weapons we might find yet? Such as unique two-handed weapons, etc.?

Keymaster

I am in a pretty generous mood, so I might actually consider :) I did some research on the topic but the only historical double headed battle axes I found were from Indo Persian Origin and mostly 17 century or even later. Apparently there also were such axes in use as ceremonial weapons in ancient Greece.
    Do you have any more reference for me? I would at least need some sort of historical example.
    Heres an Indo Persian Axe from the 19th century:
    Axe

Also, do you have any art available for unique weapons we might find yet? Such as unique two-handed weapons, etc.?

Yesterday I started working on named weapons for all the different categories. First off we have some spears and a rough version of some Billhooks.
    The Billhook basic skill will be switched from “impale” to “strike” by the way. We did some balancing changes on all polearms, but more info on that will follow in a blog post.
    Cheers!
    Spears:
    Spears

Facebook Youtube
    Twitter

Participant

Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeey more weapons, cant wait!

Keymaster

Here are some more:
    Greatswords
    Greatswords

Billhooks
    Billhooks

Facebook Youtube
    Twitter

Participant

Are we getting any normal non unique weapons?

Keymaster

Are we getting any normal non unique weapons?

Yes of course ;)
    All of these will be part of the next bigger upate. From left to right:
    Warbow (lategame bow), Light Crossbow (early game crossbow), Fighting Spear (lategame spear), Longaxe (polearm for 2nd row), Two handed Hammer.
    Weapons

Facebook Youtube
    Twitter

Participant

I am in a pretty generous mood… Do you have any more reference for me?

No… only this one )
    2 balde axe

http://www.medieval-wars.com/armory/pictures/wpn_11.gif

N1
    Two blade European battleaxe. XVI century.

Participant

Great work Psen.
    Really great.
    Do we get more bastard weapons similar to warbrand?
    Like long spear or short pike?

Viewing 15 posts - 766 through 780 (of 1,776 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.