Topic: Paul´s Art Corner

• Author
    Keymaster

How about a little vampire rework?

Already in the works :)

I noticed, there are some small errors pictured on the main menu wallpaper, if you consider how it is in the game.

Just consider that artistic licence :)

Overhype Studios - Let´s roll!

Facebook Youtube
    Twitter

Participant

[…]
    That would definitely change Vampires to become their own, scary faction. Also, battle events with vampires that could be filled with thralls (simple humans) who serve them. For now they are really… “meh”.

Definitely this would be good.

I could imagine those vampires to be better organised. Think of those normal vampires we have right now as lower class vampires. They are dangerous nonetheless and they are immortal. Would they throw away their eternal life so easily? I think not. Not before they have thrown all their ghouls (could think of them as a vampires war dog) and their thralls (humans like bandits but more of the cultist kind) at you.

Then I could imagine a stronger version of vampire (you already had a alpha version that never made it into the game). It should be a rare and dangerous foe. And I have an interesting idea for a special ability. Vampires are all about blood. So why not add a little bit of blood magic to this?
    So if one of his thralls or YOUR mercs dies he might reanimate ONE target at a time to be a “blood zombie” (there is definitely a better name for it out there). So what would be the difference to the normal zombie – necromancer connection? There can always only be one blood zombie per ancient vampire at any given time. This one zombie is buffed to be stronger than usual zombies BUT also dies when the vampire dies.

"I am a Paladin!"
    >OMG, Malthus, there are no damn paladins in Battle Brothers...<
    "OK, OK! Then I´m a wrecked down minstrel drunkard pretending to be a paladin, singing so wrong in the midst of battle that even the undead run in fear... Better?!"

Keymaster

Here’s a sneak peek on the new Bandit banners:
    Bandits

Facebook Youtube
    Twitter

Participant

These are so awesome, great work!!! Is the fourth one a Nithing Pole??

Keymaster

These are so awesome, great work!!! Is the fourth one a Nithing Pole??

Exactly :)

Facebook Youtube
    Twitter

Participant

dammed … those Bandit Banners are awesome.
    Haha mostly NO.3 …..

Participant

Very nice they all look badass, I find 3,5,6 the coolest, but the others give off a cool blasphemous vibe.

Because I love to make suggestions, perhaps as a hammer & sickle tied on a pike might get a few smiles.
    Also setting noble flags on fire never goes out of fashion, nor do crude flags with broken sickles, stabbed crowned skulls, and the like.

Definitely love you’re work on the banners though, they all look like they tell a story (especially 2,3,4).

Participant

That last one tells the story of a destroyed patrol, and at least 7 dead nobles.

Participant

Some of these standarts weights 20+ kilos. Are they belongs to beastmen from Warhammer:FB?

If I was appointed a standartbearer in such of these groups, I would have deserted for sure.

Participant

Some of these standarts weights 20+ kilos. Are they belongs to beastmen from Warhammer:FB?

If I was appointed a standartbearer in such of these groups, I would have deserted for sure.

The sword banner looks very heavy but take a look at the horsehead. The one carrying that around will be also a dead horse when a fight starts^^

"I am a Paladin!"
    >OMG, Malthus, there are no damn paladins in Battle Brothers...<
    "OK, OK! Then I´m a wrecked down minstrel drunkard pretending to be a paladin, singing so wrong in the midst of battle that even the undead run in fear... Better?!"

Participant

Here’s a sneak peek on the new Bandit banners:
    Bandits

Have you been watching True Detectives Season 1 again? :p awesome

Keymaster

Heres a pic of the new fallen heroes. As I mentioned before they will be moved from the skeleton to the zombie “faction” and will have some special tricks up their slveeves :)
    Cheers!

Heroes

Facebook Youtube
    Twitter

Participant

Hey Psen.
    Do you plan revive Duke for zombie faction? Or introduce new units?
    Also in case Fallen heroes do you plan implement new sets of worn/damaged/old armors? I hope you can put the brown current Fallen heroes armor somewhere as it look cool.
    Good to hear that whole undead side get a rework.They need it.
    In the case of banners – not that you want to hear that – but in my honest opinion they are to complex. Old ones were simple and efficient. The new ones are overkill especially the bandit ones. Buts its minor complain.

Participant

In the case of banners – not that you want to hear that – but in my honest opinion they are to complex. Old ones were simple and efficient. The new ones are overkill especially the bandit ones. Buts its minor complain.

I guess the bandit banners do look heavy, I guess they might be displayed on a wagon maybe??

What I think might really help is just having a few tamer more mundane ones, pirate themed or, as with the 6th flag, disgraced noble banners just blander (set on fire, turned upside down, torn in half), having a few bland ones will also make the others a bit more memorable when bandits attack you bearing a horse’s head on a stick.

Those fallen heroes look spectacular btw.

Participant

Heroes

very nice!!!… dont think those helmets will be lootable…or ???

love the sheathed ones .. pls bring them to the armorer/blacksmith too!

Viewing 15 posts - 976 through 990 (of 1,776 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.