Topic: Paul´s Art Corner

• Author
    Participant

hahaha of course they are not lootable…

ok those Battle Brothers are tough guys… but.. to put on, a helmet was carried by a zombie before, for years..
    will realy by a shitty thing! ;)

sooo please Paul :P .. give the sheated ones to player faction too!! Maybe in some nice color variations :) :P :P

Participant

Hmm i usually butcher zombies in chainmail using daggers to get their armor early on. My mercs may not like the stench but they appreciate the protection ;)

"I am a Paladin!"
    >OMG, Malthus, there are no damn paladins in Battle Brothers...<
    "OK, OK! Then I´m a wrecked down minstrel drunkard pretending to be a paladin, singing so wrong in the midst of battle that even the undead run in fear... Better?!"

Participant

These are so awesome, great work!!! Is the fourth one a Nithing Pole??

Exactly (emoji deleted – too big!!)

Oh Sweet Doggies!! A Nithing Pole!! The implications of seeing that are quite interesting.

Yeah, these are well thought out. They project the perfect message any self respecting bandits/evil types want to exude!

In a single player game, there's no such thing as cheating. It's merely "creative manipulation of the default settings"!

Keymaster

hahaha of course they are not lootable…

To be honest it would be inconsistent to make these items not lootable. The normal zombies also drop lootable equipment.
    Allthough the decayed armor of fallen heroes will not be comparable in quality to newly crafted armor and helmets.

Overhype Studios - Let´s roll!

Facebook Youtube
    Twitter

Keymaster

disgraced noble banners just blander (set on fire, turned upside down, torn in half),

This was my original idea. It turned out that its pretty hard to create a completely different look from both noble banners and mercenary banners by just mofyfing existing noble house banners.
    So in the end I decided to go full throttle on unique (maybe over the top) stuff so you can recognize bandits easily.

Cheers

Facebook Youtube
    Twitter

Participant

What about the Lost Souls? Are they in the zombie faction or the skeletons?

Participant

I get where you’re coming from, perhaps something Pirate/Rebellion-like in bold red/black/white and on tapered flags, cheaper looking (thin) and in worse condition than the mercenary flags, but more colourful and shaped than ork flags.(Attached vaguely what I mean)

I do like the pagan character and the creative look of the bandit standards, they’re all very strong, I guess one problem might be how often you run into the more flamboyant designs, but that’s just speculation, and probably won’t really be a problem considering the variety of factions you’ll be fighting.

Participant

Greetings! I really like your work! Excuse my English (I use Google translator). I have a question. You made banners for mercenaries. But mercenaries banner is now used only on the general map. Now the game has a hairdresser (allows you to change the appearance of mercenaries). And you want to armor and shields, too, used the banner of mercenaries. This will be the game? To make it clear, I drew a picture.

Keymaster

What about the Lost Souls? Are they in the zombie faction or the skeletons?

They will belong to the zombie faction to give them some more variety.

And you want to armor and shields, too, used the banner of mercenaries. This will be the game? To make it clear, I drew a picture.

Hey Maximus,
    thanks for the picture, I know what you mean. I would really like something like that as well, but unfortunately its not that easy.
    Each Armor or shield uses a variety of different assets. A 70×70 pixel and a 70×140 pixel image for the inventory, a normal version for the tactical combat bust, a damaged version for the tatical combat bust and a dead version for the tactical combat bust. All of these have to be created by hand. It’s not possible to just change the “texture”.

Assets

Facebook Youtube
    Twitter

Participant

Hey Paul,

excellent work on the bandit banners! They will definitely go down in style. ^^
    At the direwolf head banner shouldn’t one of the upper ropes be taut?

The new fallen heroes are also very cool.
    Would it be possible to make one of the helmets be damaged above an eye slit in such a way, that the lidless eye underneath, staring out of the hole, would be visible?
    Quite like this:
    fallen hero helmet

Participant

I for one absolutely love the new Fallen Heroes, Paul you really did good, but why does the great helm have so few breath wholes in it? Did you use the old model rather then the new great helm? If so just poke a few more wholes for hentilation and it will look perfect, undead might not need it but your mercs will, could always take it to a blacksmith for polishing afterwards does matter how dirty it was.

Participant

Hey Paul,

what’s going on? Nothing new or in progress to show or do you have an illustrator’s block?^^
    Also I’d like to know your thoughts on my idea for the Fallen Hero helmet two posts above. ;P

Keymaster

Hey there, no worries, I’m working as hard as always :)

one of the helmets be damaged above an eye slit in such a way, that the lidless eye underneath, staring out of the hole, would be visible?

Thats a cool idea, but as all fallen heroe equipment is usable by the player I think it would look a little strange on a regular human.

I am working on the “ancient dead” as we now call them. They’re almost finished but I dont want to show you everything yet.
    The next two weeks there will be no posts as I am taking my long awaited vacation.

To not let you starve too much, here’s some pics of the ancient dead.

Here are the armors:
    Armors
    This is how it might look on a battle bro:
    bro
    Here’s the ancient dead’s weaponry:
    weapons

There are two more units I dont want to spoil yet though :)

Cheers guys!

Facebook Youtube
    Twitter

Participant

looks real good. i like last line of “faces” helmets very mutch.

Participant

one of the helmets be damaged above an eye slit in such a way, that the lidless eye underneath, staring out of the hole, would be visible?

Thats a cool idea, but as all fallen heroe equipment is usable by the player I think it would look a little strange on a regular human.

Wouldn’t it be possible to just show the part of the regular human face underneath the helmet layer/the hole area like it is done with any other helmet where part of the face is still visible? But I guess, Fallen Heroes do not have a head underneath the helmet, do they?
    Sure, if it is not worth the hassle, let it be. Or maybe it is stuff for a named version of the Fallen Hero Helmets.

Anyway, awesome work on the ancient dead!
    Could there be named versions of the face helmets depicting animal or goblin or orc faces – or a human skull (lol) ?

Viewing 15 posts - 991 through 1,005 (of 1,776 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.